Abcs Of Flowers

Guest wings

On 19/03/2018 at 0:01 AM, MariJ said:

Wow!  I am so longing to see a Daffodil....  Not even a crocus has popped up and normally they might have by now.  It’s official spring here in 2-3 days and there’s still loads of snow on the ground!

Erica    (I had no idea there was a flower named Erica and it’s pretty!)   My cousin’s wife is Erica - the Mom of the birthday kids yesterday!

Yes i think Erica is what i knew as Heather in the Uk (correct me if im wrong) it is very pretty. My mums favourite place to go was in the Heather garden's in Windsor Great Park

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/6/2018 at 10:46 PM, MariJ said:

I have a lot of them here, but they sure take over!   Every once in a while I have to thin them out or my garden is overrun!

Marigold

My Grandpa would save the seeds from year to year and grow them!

I love the bright colours of marigolds and plant them with my veggies to keep bugs away :) 

Nasturtiums.....these look great in a salad :) 

On 4/22/2018 at 4:06 AM, Jane in N.Z said:

Yes I love sunfloweers its like they are always smiling at you....happy flowers :) 

Tulips...love these but difficult to grow in Auckland as its to warm

Yes, we get tulips in Spring - it’s a lovely sign it’s started.......   I have not had one pop up yet this year.   :(

Ulex

On 4/26/2018 at 10:03 PM, MariJ said:

Oh they are so pretty - them and pansies!  My sister brought me a planter of purple pansies and yellow flowers - so pretty!

Windflower

not heard of a windflower I'll have to google it :) 

Xanthoceras....had to google this :) 

On 5/3/2018 at 3:02 AM, Jane in N.Z said:

Zinnia :) 

Love zinnias, they make me think of my Grandpa.   He used to grow them from seed each year, then harvest the seeds for the next year. :)

Azalea

Mine are JUST starting to get buds.   They normally bloom by Mother’s Day but with the cold “Spring” we’ve had the leaves didn’t even grow.  Now in the past few days of SUMMER heat, they are almost ready to burst!    Amazing (but not so good for allergies!  :tissue:).

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/5/2018 at 10:00 PM, MariJ said:

Love zinnias, they make me think of my Grandpa.   He used to grow them from seed each year, then harvest the seeds for the next year. :)

Azalea

Mine are JUST starting to get buds.   They normally bloom by Mother’s Day but with the cold “Spring” we’ve had the leaves didn’t even grow.  Now in the past few days of SUMMER heat, they are almost ready to burst!    Amazing (but not so good for allergies!  :tissue:).

I love going back to the UK in spring as the azaleas and rhododendrons are just gorgeous :) 

Bottlebrush......we have one in our garden and he flowers really do look like a 'bottle brush'

On 5/13/2018 at 3:53 PM, Jane in N.Z said:

I love going back to the UK in spring as the azaleas and rhododendrons are just gorgeous :) 

Bottlebrush......we have one in our garden and he flowers really do look like a 'bottle brush'

I’ve seen photos of those flowers and they look lovely!   

Carnation