Guest wings

Abcs Of Flowers

On 4/17/2018 at 5:24 PM, Jane in N.Z said:

Its amazing what you can actually eat in the flower world, not been game to try much though :) 

Poppy

Me either!

Queen Anne’s Lace

On 4/20/2018 at 10:22 PM, MariJ said:

Interesting name!

Sunflower - love these!

Yes I love sunfloweers its like they are always smiling at you....happy flowers :) 

Tulips...love these but difficult to grow in Auckland as its to warm

On 4/22/2018 at 4:06 AM, Jane in N.Z said:

Yes I love sunfloweers its like they are always smiling at you....happy flowers :) 

Tulips...love these but difficult to grow in Auckland as its to warm

Yes, we get tulips in Spring - it’s a lovely sign it’s started.......   I have not had one pop up yet this year.   :(

Ulex

23 hours ago, Jane in N.Z said:

Viola... love their happy smiley faces :) 

Oh they are so pretty - them and pansies!  My sister brought me a planter of purple pansies and yellow flowers - so pretty!

Windflower

On 4/26/2018 at 10:03 PM, MariJ said:

Oh they are so pretty - them and pansies!  My sister brought me a planter of purple pansies and yellow flowers - so pretty!

Windflower

not heard of a windflower I'll have to google it :) 

Xanthoceras....had to google this :) 

On 5/3/2018 at 3:02 AM, Jane in N.Z said:

Zinnia :) 

Love zinnias, they make me think of my Grandpa.   He used to grow them from seed each year, then harvest the seeds for the next year. :)

Azalea

Mine are JUST starting to get buds.   They normally bloom by Mother’s Day but with the cold “Spring” we’ve had the leaves didn’t even grow.  Now in the past few days of SUMMER heat, they are almost ready to burst!    Amazing (but not so good for allergies!  :tissue:).

On 5/5/2018 at 10:00 PM, MariJ said:

Love zinnias, they make me think of my Grandpa.   He used to grow them from seed each year, then harvest the seeds for the next year. :)

Azalea

Mine are JUST starting to get buds.   They normally bloom by Mother’s Day but with the cold “Spring” we’ve had the leaves didn’t even grow.  Now in the past few days of SUMMER heat, they are almost ready to burst!    Amazing (but not so good for allergies!  :tissue:).

I love going back to the UK in spring as the azaleas and rhododendrons are just gorgeous :) 

Bottlebrush......we have one in our garden and he flowers really do look like a 'bottle brush'

On 5/13/2018 at 3:53 PM, Jane in N.Z said:

I love going back to the UK in spring as the azaleas and rhododendrons are just gorgeous :) 

Bottlebrush......we have one in our garden and he flowers really do look like a 'bottle brush'

I’ve seen photos of those flowers and they look lovely!   

Carnation

Day Lilly......I have some of these in my garden and are beautiful but yes they only last a day :( 

Lillies are pretty!

Eidelweiss

(Makes me think of “The Sound of Music” movie and now I am singing the song!  

220px-Kowhai_flowers.jpg  Kowhai.... a NZ native and has the most gorgeous yellow flowers. Its a tree really but its the flowers of it that are special

14 hours ago, Jane in N.Z said:

220px-Kowhai_flowers.jpg  Kowhai.... a NZ native and has the most gorgeous yellow flowers. Its a tree really but its the flowers of it that are special

Oh wow, that is SO interesting and so pretty, at first I thought it was a type of banana or pepper.   Now I am going ot go read more about it.  I like the name too.   Thanks for showing me, Jane.

Lilac

They are in bloom here now and at my sister’s would scent up her living room in the morning when the windows were open.

I love lilac. Mum had them in herr garden :) 

Marigold......love these and have them dotted around my veggie garden to brighten it up and keep the bugs away :) 

On 5/28/2018 at 4:20 PM, Jane in N.Z said:

I love lilac. Mum had them in herr garden :) 

Marigold......love these and have them dotted around my veggie garden to brighten it up and keep the bugs away :) 

I like marigolds, too.   It’s funny, my Dad had very blond hair and my Mom always said the yellow ones reminded her of him.

Nasturtium