Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nasreen1979

Newbie - Ideas For Tags

Hi All from far away in South Australia (Dont you just love the Internet?)

My name is Nasreen and im a bit of a newbie to scrapping... and am enjoying learning all the fantastic techniques from the ScrapGirls site and this forum.

I am currently working scrapping my European holiday in 2006 and am incorporating a combination of photos and journalling on my pages.

I am a very slow scrapper and I am a real perfectionist, so as a result I have only scrapped about a quarter of the trip (and it was over a year ago)

Currently im working on my double page spread of Venice

Im using plently of gold and black in my layout.

I have created a pocket to place tickets and tag journals.

I was wondering if anyone has any ideas on preparing tags for journalling

I attempted inking my tag with gold but when I tried journalling, my writing came up all faint and washed out

How do you make your tags blend in with your layout while still keeping your journalling clear and easy to read.

I really dont want to use a plain cream coloured tag

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Nasreen

Guest miss bumble
Hi All from far away in South Australia (Dont you just love the Internet?)

My name is Nasreen and im a bit of a newbie to scrapping... and am enjoying learning all the fantastic techniques from the ScrapGirls site and this forum.

I am currently working scrapping my European holiday in 2006 and am incorporating a combination of photos and journalling on my pages.

I am a very slow scrapper and I am a real perfectionist, so as a result I have only scrapped about a quarter of the trip (and it was over a year ago)

Currently im working on my double page spread of Venice

Im using plently of gold and black in my layout.

I have created a pocket to place tickets and tag journals.

I was wondering if anyone has any ideas on preparing tags for journalling

I attempted inking my tag with gold but when I tried journalling, my writing came up all faint and washed out

How do you make your tags blend in with your layout while still keeping your journalling clear and easy to read.

I really dont want to use a plain cream coloured tag

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Nasreen

Hi Nasreen

Welcome to scrap Girls. You will just LOVE it here everyone is soooooooo helpful. I don't know what program you use I'm PSE5.

Now I'm still new at this but this is what I do I choose a colour 2 or 3 shades darker than my tag, you can change the colour by choosing the eye dropper

Clicking on your tag, you will then notice the forground colour chip changes to that colour. Click on the colour chip and a coloured box will come up

you can now select your perfect colour for your text.

Also try duplicating your text layer you will notice it will become darker. HTH.

I know there are a few lovley ladies out there that can explain thing a little bit better, they will be along soon still in bed in my time zone.

They will be other suggestion that will make it easier to do, than the 1 sugessted There are so many options, I can't wait to see them.

LOL Chris x

Welcome, Nasreen!

I'm not quite sure how to help you with your question...could you post a sample of this in the gallery, so we can take a look (some of us need lots of visuals)? And it helps if we know which software you're working with, too.

Hello im sorry I forgot to mention.... Im scrapping the traditional way, paperscrapping

Im only just learning the basics of paper scrapping let alone digital scrapping

However I am interested in digital scrapping too - as I work as a desktop publisher/web coordinator type role so I have access to the entire Adobe CS suite of products - I love using photoshop for my images

Hi and Welcome to Scrapgirls!!! Once you decide to go with digital scrapbooking you will love it sooooo much and get so addicted. You will also be able to do way more layouts in a shorter amount of time. I can't help with the paper scrapping but I am sure someone will have an idea for you.

I just wanted to say hi and welcome too. There are quite a few paper scrappers - or former paper scrappers here - so hopefully someone will come along and be able to better answer your question. I hadn't ever gotten very far into paper scrapping to be able to help. Sorry.