Summer Fun Bingo

Guest jlf_loves_mjf

Guest jlf_loves_mjf
I don't know about you, but there's nothing I like better than sitting in a crowded Bingo hall with my dauber poised and ready for the fun of Bingo to begin. I haven't been able to get to the Bingo hall lately so I thought I'd bring Bingo here. (Everyone knows I'm here all the time anyway, right?)

Interested in playing? Of course you are! Pick 25 of the 80 words listed below and send them in an email to me at jenniferf@scrapgirls.com. Please make the subject of your email "BINGO Card" and include your Scrap Girls forum user name. You have until midnight EST on Friday, June 3th to sign up for the first round of Bingo! Any emails received after that will be included in the next round of Bingo. You do not have to register for each round of Bingo once you are playing. Your card is good through all the rounds.

On Saturday, June 4th, I'll start calling words 5 at a time and keeping calling 5 words a day until someone posts that they have a Bingo. What's a Bingo? Good question. You have a Bingo when I've called 15 of your 25 words. If the Bingo is valid (which I'll verify using the emails that you've sent me), we'll clear our cards and start over.

Want to know what you're playing for? Each winner will receive a $10.00 shopping certificate to the Scrap Girls Boutique!

In honor of the first day of summer, June 21st, all the words below have to do with summer fun, whether it be camping, foods, family reunions, picnics, or a day at the beach, water park, amusement park, or county fair.

Here's the list:

1. camping
2. bears
3. mosquito
4. tent
5. lantern
6. campfire
7. s’mores
8. fishing pole
9. bait
10. trout
11. watermelon
12. strawberries
13. cantaloupe
14. honeydew
15. grapes
16. shortcake
17. popsicle
18. ice cream
19. barbeque
20. lemonade
21. family reunion
22. cousins
23. aunts
24. uncles
25. grandparents
26. potluck
27. softball
28. volleyball
29. cheek pinches
30. scratchy kisses
31. picnic
32. ants
33. fried chicken
34. coleslaw
35. baked beans
36. potato salad
37. hamburgers
38. hot dogs
39. corn on the cob
40. bratwurst
41. beach
42. sunscreen
43. sand castle
44. frisbee
45. ocean
46. waves
47. sailboat
48. surfing
49. jellyfish
50. shark
51. pool
52. lifeguard
53. water wings
54. inner tube
55. lazy river
56. water slide
57. diving board
58. swimsuit
59. fun noodle
60. splash
61. amusement park
62. carousel
63. roller coaster
64. ferris wheel
65. bumper cars
66. cotton candy
67. elephant ears
68. funnel cakes
69. fudge
70. fireworks
71. county fair
72. demolition derby
73. tractor pull
74. livestock exhibit
75. pageant queen
76. bull riding
77. horse show
78. midway
79. petting farm
80. carnival games

Have fun and good luck!

[b]Cards Received (in alpha order)[/b]

[i]Playing Round 4:[/i]
aimeesue
alamodedesigns
Alie471
Alley
boofyb
britanniaboy
cw18
cybrangel
d_rafferty
darklighter
DeeZee
diazcamille
Doxy_Chic
EJay
holycowelsie
iahawkeye
iditsa
jadedolphin
jamfisch
jaxscraps
jemima
kristaky
lcscoobie81
lesliefavela
lizisrael
ljritchie
LL2
MN_Scrapper
momentousangel
NanaTrishie
nelly
nviars
pattiew
Pearl Girl
reach4astar
rxchic
saturn_grrrl
Scrapin Grams
Scrappinali
ScrappyKat
sprout03
TanyaLynn
The Pink Lady
theresa
Vania16
wings
wxchic

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow, just like that final game of bingo when I used to go to the play with my mom and sisters, :) They called it blackout there, so maybe I'll get one, lol. I like it this way oh so much better, no ink dauber on my hands and the calling isn't done as fast, :) Great Idea for a fun game for sure! :)

Guest lesliefavela
Sounds like fun. As if I needed another reason to sit here in front of my pc longer! :rofl:

Guest nelly
[quote name='lesliefavela' date='Jun 1 2005, 05:59 AM']Sounds like fun. As if I needed another reason to sit here in front of my pc longer! :rofl:
[right][post="16405"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

ohhh!i can't wait!! but the list is soooo long! how do you choose!?!?! :breakdance:

Guest lesliefavela
Nelly,
Here's how I did it. I have this window open with the Jennifer's Post about the bingo. Then I opened a NEW MESSAGE email box. She put her address in this post. Then I started picking from her list and adding them to my message box until I had 25 words. Mail it to her and don't forget to keep a copy for yourself to play. Looks like fun! :bouncing-frog:

Guest DeeZee
I copied and pasted the whole list and then just deleted until I got to 25 :-)

And when I played this before online, I kept a copy of the email in my drafts folder, then I could just open it, mark it off, and close it/save it each day. Just make sure there's no one in the "to" field so you don't accidently send it off LOL!

Guest nelly
great ideas!! i would have forgotten to save a copy!!! :blondmoment:

okay! i've chosen mine!!! can't wait to play! haven't played in ages!!!

Guest jlf_loves_mjf
My suggestion would be to print out a copy of the email you send me (or two or three, depending on how many rounds we get in) and mark them off as we go.

I know, I know...why's a digi-scrapper suggesting you do something on paper? Shoot me now! :walkinghelmet:

Guest lesliefavela
[quote name='jaxscraps' date='Jun 1 2005, 10:12 AM']sounds like fun! dh may take away my computer yet if you guys keep it up!
[right][post="16450"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

I hear ya, Jax. That's about the way my hubby feels right now, too. lol

Guest ljritchie
I sent mine in too. Can't wait!

Will you be calling out the words in emails ar in the chat room or how?

Guest Doxy_Chic
I just sent mine. Thanks so much for organizing the BINGO hall for us.
3 cheers for Jenifer :cheeringdog: :dancingelephant: :bouncing-frog:

Guest lesliefavela
Oh, be careful how you say Bingo Hall. It'll be another excuse for a party around here. :rofl:

I just got mine sent in, this was such a great idea for sure. :) I won a few times at real bingo, but never have a played it online, lol, so we'll see how it works out. Good luck everyone and oh, by the way, no tips at this bingo came, so I guess that will make dh very please since i used to buy so many of those, lol.

I had to edit this post because I was meaning to also add that the tips I get here are free and far better than the ones I used to pay for at the real bingo, lol.

Guest ljritchie
[quote name='lesliefavela' date='Jun 2 2005, 10:23 AM']Oh, be careful how you say Bingo Hall. It'll be another excuse for a party around here.    :rofl:
[right][post="16558"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]
Party? Did someone say party? LOL

Guest jlf_loves_mjf
V, when you say tips, do you mean those addicting little pull games? We call them instants. Ummm....wonder how I could work those into here?

L, like we need any excuse for a party?!? This place is a non-stop party ride!

Guest lesliefavela
L, like we need any excuse for a party?!? This place is a non-stop party ride!
[right][post="16595"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
[/quote]

HaHa I think you're right. :dancingcow: :dancingelephant: :dancingchicken2: :dancingchicken:

Guest jlf_loves_mjf
[quote name='ljritchie' date='Jun 1 2005, 03:03 PM']I sent mine in too.  Can't wait!

Will you be calling out the words in emails ar in the chat room or how?
[right][post="16493"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

I'll be calling the words here (in this topic thread) each day somewhere between 11 am and 1 pm EST, depending on when the DS decides to take his nap, so that our overseas friends as well as our west coasters have a relatively equal opportunity to call Bingo first.

Yeah, those pull tab things, we called them tips, lol. I'm sure we could all think of some tips to add in here, lol. Maybe with each call of the bongo words add a little quote or something as a tip, lol. :blondmoment: :rofl:

:blondmoment: Being the person I am I actually typed in bongo instead of Bingo, :rofl: I am making this edited post to say I caught that after the fact of hitting the thing to post, but I decided to leave it as a kind of thing like I'm not perfect but I can be extremely silly, especially at 4 in the morning, lol.

Guest TanyaLynn
Sound like fun! This is the first time I have done anything like this but I coudn't resist this is right up my alley Bingo and scrapbooking supplies. WooH00!!!! :banana:

Guest lesliefavela
[quote name='TanyaLynn' date='Jun 3 2005, 12:23 PM']Sound like fun! This is the first time I have done anything like this but I coudn't resist this is right up my alley Bingo and scrapbooking supplies. WooH00!!!! :banana:
[right][post="16691"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

haha It's just too dang much fun around here. :rofl:

Guest darklighter
Ok, total computer geek.... I put my list in excel so I can check them off for each game. At least it is not paper :) Can't wait!

Susan

Archived