Summer Fun Bingo

Guest jlf_loves_mjf

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest jlf_loves_mjf
[quote name='jlf_loves_mjf' date='Jun 4 2005, 10:26 PM']FYI - Each day's words will have its own post.

Hope everyone's having fun whether they're getting words tomorrow.
[right][post="16785"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

[quote name='lesliefavela' date='Jun 4 2005, 11:15 PM']Gee, Jennifer, I think everyone must be having fun. Hardly anyone's been on the boards in the last couple of days. But, they've been very busy posting layouts. I tried to check out everything that came in today and yesterday. Had to give up.  Kudos to all of you. You can see how hard they're working on them!!!!!! :respect:
[right][post="16786"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

I meant whether they're getting words or not. Where'd that tomorrow come from?

I too have been trying to get through all the layouts. Soooo many and I don't want to say the same thing on all of them. Theresa, you've got some catching up to do!

Guest jlf_loves_mjf
Are you ready? Here are our second five words for our first round of Bingo!
(R1:6-10)

7. s’mores
8. fishing pole
16. shortcake
23. aunts
29. cheek pinches

How about today? Any better? Anyone still have no words?

Guest nelly
i've got 2 altogether! i forgot to look yesterday! only just looked today!! alsmot forgot all about it!! oops =)
now i'll be on the ball...

Guest reach4astar
Question: I'm subscribed to this thread, and I'm getting a notification for EVERY post that is made, even if I haven't come to the board to check on other posts.

That isn't the way I thought thread subscriptions worked, and it isn't how it says it works either:
"There may be more replies to this topic, but only 1 email is sent per board visit for each subscribed topic. This is to limit the amount of mail that is sent to your inbox."

Is anyone else having a problem with this? Does someone need to look into this issue?

Thx!

Jan

Guest jlf_loves_mjf
[quote name='reach4astar' date='Jun 5 2005, 06:55 PM']Question:  I'm subscribed to this thread, and I'm getting a notification for EVERY post that is made, even if I haven't come to the board to check on other posts. 

That isn't the way I thought thread subscriptions worked, and it isn't how it says it works either:
  "There may be more replies to this topic, but only 1 email is sent per board visit for each subscribed topic. This is to limit the amount of mail that is sent to your inbox."

Is anyone else having a problem with this?  Does someone need to look into this issue?

Thx!

Jan
[right][post="16915"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

I subscribed to see what you were experiencing and I read the options very carefully. Reading into the options, I think that it reads that you would only receive one email if you weren't currently active on the board. I'm going to stay subscribed and see how many emails I end up with overnight.

Guest lesliefavela
[quote name='jlf_loves_mjf' date='Jun 5 2005, 08:30 PM'][quote name='reach4astar' date='Jun 5 2005, 06:55 PM']Question:  I'm subscribed to this thread, and I'm getting a notification for EVERY post that is made, even if I haven't come to the board to check on other posts. 

Is anyone else having a problem with this?  Does someone need to look into this issue?

Thx!

Jan
[right][post="16915"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

I subscribed to see what you were experiencing and I read the options very carefully. Reading into the options, I think that it reads that you would only receive one email if you weren't currently active on the board. I'm going to stay subscribed and see how many emails I end up with overnight.
[right][post="17001"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
[/quote]

Hey, Jan and Jennifer, this might help. This is an example of what screen I get if I clicked on "Track this topic" after I read a new thread.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Topic Subscription: Help With Matchbook Album
Please choose your notification method.
Forum subscriptions will notify when new topics have been made and topic subscriptions notify when a reply has been made
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
{{ The line right above says that topic subscriptions notify when a reply has been made. ( I take that to mean each reply to that topic.) }}
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
* No Email Notification
This option will not send out any email notification but will retain the topic or forum in your subscriptions panel.
*Delayed Emailed Notification
This option will send out a notification if a new topic or reply has been made and you're not active on the board
* Immediate Email Notification
This option will send out a notification immediately after a new topic or reply has been made regardless of your activity.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
{This one says after a new topic or reply, too}
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*Daily Email Digest
This option will send out a daily digest showing all new replies or topics for that day
*Weekly Email Digest
This option will send out a weekly digest showing all new replies or topics for that week
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know what you mean about thinking you will only get 1 email from any given topic, because it does sound that way on the email you receive. I took it that way, too. I guess you would have to go back and change the type of notification you wish to receive. Maybe that will solve the problem for you. Hope this helps.

Guest reach4astar
Thanks for trying to help, ladies. I did go into the help files and here is what is says:

[quote]This board can notify you when a new reply is added to a topic. Many users find this useful to keep up to date on topics without the need to view the board to check for new messages.

There are three ways to subscribe to a topic:
-Click the 'Track This Topic' link at the top of the topic that you wish to track
-On the posting screen when replying to or creating a topic, check the 'Enable email notification of replies?' checkbox
-From the E-Mail settings section of your User CP (My Controls) check the 'Enable Email Notification by default?' option, this will automatically subscribe you to any topic that you make a reply to

[b][i][u]Please note that to avoid multiple emails being sent to your email address, you will only get one e-mail for each topic you are subscribed to until the next time you visit the board. [/u][/i][/b](emphasis mine)[/quote]

That's the way subscribing to a topic works on other sites, too, from my experience, but it definitely doesn't seem to be working that way here.

What I'm not finding anywhere is an explanation of the difference between "immediate" and "delayed" email notification, not even in the help files. Can anyone enlighten? That's the one thing I can see that might make a difference, though I'm doubtful. It seems more like some kind of glitch, though I'm also willing to admit to user error! :-)

Jan

Guest jlf_loves_mjf
[quote name='momentousangel' date='Jun 6 2005, 09:34 AM']A quick and silly question, since I'm playing this round can I still play the next round? If so, do I need to resubmit my pickings for my card or is the same one used?
[right][post="17252"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

v, you can play next round without resubmitting your picks. All cards will roll over from round to round.

Guest jlf_loves_mjf
[quote name='reach4astar' date='Jun 6 2005, 09:09 AM']Thanks for trying to help, ladies.  I did go into the help files and here is what is says:

[quote]This board can notify you when a new reply is added to a topic. Many users find this useful to keep up to date on topics without the need to view the board to check for new messages.

There are three ways to subscribe to a topic:
-Click the 'Track This Topic' link at the top of the topic that you wish to track
-On the posting screen when replying to or creating a topic, check the 'Enable email notification of replies?' checkbox
-From the E-Mail settings section of your User CP (My Controls) check the 'Enable Email Notification by default?' option, this will automatically subscribe you to any topic that you make a reply to

[b][i][u]Please note that to avoid multiple emails being sent to your email address, you will only get one e-mail for each topic you are subscribed to until the next time you visit the board. [/u][/i][/b](emphasis mine)[/quote]

That's the way subscribing to a topic works on other sites, too, from my experience, but it definitely doesn't seem to be working that way here.

What I'm not finding anywhere is an explanation of the difference between "immediate" and "delayed" email notification, not even in the help files. Can anyone enlighten? That's the one thing I can see that might make a difference, though I'm doubtful. It seems more like some kind of glitch, though I'm also willing to admit to user error! :-)

Jan
[right][post="17245"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
[/quote]

This feature might be "broken." We had an issue where everyone was getting emails for every new topic started. People were drowning under emails. We got that fixed, but this might be a sub-issue of that issue. I'm notifying the appropriate personel. :)

Guest jlf_loves_mjf
It's time again! Here are our third five words for our first round of Bingo!
(R1:11-15)

12. strawberries
19. barbeque
31. picnic
62. carousel
69. fudge

Who's card's on fire? Who's card is a wet blanket?

Good thing I checked today. That's 3 more for me. :dancingcow: 5 overall. :dancingchicken: I think my card's starting to get a little warm. Anyone joining me to help fan the flames???

Archived