Summer Fun Bingo

Guest jlf_loves_mjf

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest lesliefavela
This was fun. Thanks Jennifer! And way to beat me to the button, Nicole! Bye girls.

Guest jlf_loves_mjf
Night, Leslie!

Not a problem, Nicole! We love spoiling our friends around here.

Guest The Pink Lady
Well, I was on 14 and sooo close! my brother Britanniaboy was on 13!
So, NOW I can go back to bed! It's 2.44am here!! I think this certainly calls for a lie-in in the morning!
Any prizes for the craziest scrapper, being up at this time!! I told you this message board was addictive!!

:sleeping: :bedtime: :going-to-sleep:

Guest reach4astar
This has been lots of fun this month. I'll look forward to seeing what's new in July! :-D

Guest jlf_loves_mjf
Night, Pink Lady. DEFINATELY lie-in tomorrow! I'll have to check on the craziest scrapper prize! :)

Guest jlf_loves_mjf
If everything is still going how we had planned, get ready for a visit from Santa Claus! hee hee

Guest The Pink Lady
oops, sorry nicole I haven't congratulated u yet...brain totally fried!

so CONGRATULATIONS!!

Guest jlf_loves_mjf
All right ladies, anyone interested in chatting in the chat room or is everyone going to bed? :)

Guest lesliefavela
Poor Jennifer! Got left all alone. :( I was on my way to a speed scrap and the kids were driving my nuts on top of that. :) It was a lot of fun and suspensful the way you ended the game tonight. Thanks for doing so much work for us to have a little fun. You did a terrific job! :respect:

Guest nviars
Pink Lady, I love your term "lie-in" - too funny!

I'm anxious to see what's in store this month - hmmm, Christmas in July . . .

Guest wings
Jennifer, bingo has been so much fun! It added a little lift every day.

Thanks so much for doing this for us!

Guest jlf_loves_mjf
I'm so glad that you all had fun. I had fun doing this for you. However, I am VERY happy that I'll be able to throw those little slips of paper in a bonfire this weekend. Burn, baby, burn! :rofl:

Guest The Pink Lady
[quote name='nviars' date='Jul 1 2005, 03:02 PM']Pink Lady,  I love your term "lie-in"  -  too funny!

[right][post="19494"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

What do you mean??
What do you call staying in bed late of a morning!?!? Is "lie-in" really british!?

Guest nviars
[quote name='The Pink Lady' date='Jul 1 2005, 09:48 AM'][quote name='nviars' date='Jul 1 2005, 03:02 PM']Pink Lady,  I love your term "lie-in"  -  too funny!

[right][post="19494"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

What do you mean??
What do you call staying in bed late of a morning!?!? Is "lie-in" really british!?
[right][post="19500"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
[/quote]

Oh, I was thinking in terms of "calling into work because I really don't want to get out of bed and making up an excuse as to why I won't be there" - a "lie-in"! (Not that I have ever called in sick when I really just needed a mental health day!)

:rofl:

Guest The Pink Lady
QUOTE :
Oh, I was thinking in terms of "calling into work because I really don't want to get out of bed and making up an excuse as to why I won't be there" - a "lie-in"! (Not that I have ever called in sick when I really just needed a mental health day!)

It's ok, I don't work anyhow! Well not today! I'm on my summer holiday/vacation from uni after finishing my degree! :dancingchicken:

A lie-in to us means to sleep in later than you normally would.

I'm in work tomorrow (part time job) so need to be up earlier than today!!
I don't have the guts to pull a sickie anyhow!! (and that's probably really british too - sickie, it means to pretend to be ill!!)

Isn't language a funny thing!

Guest Pearl Girl
Hey, I think "Mental Health Days" are just as important and valid as "I've got a fever days!"

I think we generally just say "call in" (I'm going to call in today) as opposed to your "lie in." Calling in sounds so much less condemning, doesn't it?

Guest The Pink Lady
I don't mean to lie as in - tell a lie but to lie down (horizontal position!) sleeping in bed longer than normal!

oh dear i wish I hadn't started this!!

Guest lesliefavela
I was thinking that we should just call in sick to work, due to a very stressful bingo game. OOps, I mean, I'm sick. :roll-on-floor-laughing:

Guest Pearl Girl
[quote name='The Pink Lady' date='Jul 1 2005, 11:38 AM']I don't mean to lie as in - tell a lie but to lie down (horizontal position!) sleeping in bed longer than normal!

oh dear i wish I hadn't started this!!
[right][post="19511"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Oh but it's been such a fun play on words! :hahohi:

Archived