10/11 Recipe Swap Challenge!

scrappylibrarian

Good Morning all! After a fabulous Big 12 win by my favorite college team – Go Mizzou Tigers! – and looking forward to a big tailgate party this Sunday at our church, my mind is on football and all the fabulous snack food that comes before the game. So today’s Recipe Swap challenge is to share your favorite tailgating (or other party) food. Are you the one who brings the chili? Do you have a special dip that everyone asks you to bring?

Scrap your recipe on a 4 x 6 layout and post in the Recipe Swap and Crop Gallery !! It’s brand new and just waiting for your recipe. If you would like to get copies of the recipes for yourself, please email your 300dpi jpg file to demarskda@yahoo.com. I will collect the recipes and send them out on Friday, Oct. 19th.

And to top off the fun, please join us this Friday, October 12, for our first Recipe Swap Chat and Crop. We will be there at 8 PM EST to share recipes and tips and just have a lot of fun. Hope you can make it!

PS I am hoping to get a layout posted today but my scrapping computer is on the fritz!

Ooh yeah! I love to get tried and true recipes and I have a great one to share. Looking forward to this exchange. Thanks Danna. :cheeringdog:

ha, ha, I go for the premade stuff as well (no one really wants to eat what I make!). Rebecca, maybe take a pic of the premade item??? lol

I really really want to participate in these recipe challenges (I love collecting recipes) but my to-do list is wildly out of control. I'm feeling a little overwhelmed actually. lol Scrapping overload! Plus a bunch of stressful stuff going on at work (don't get me started!) and a busy home life aren't letting me get too much scrapping time in. Depressing really.

I will add this to my to-do list but I could be weeks late. It'll be nice to see what everyone comes up with tho!

Have fun!

Great challenge, Danna! I'll have to think about this one, because I usually just do chips, dip and pretzels. My mother used to make some great snack foods so I'll look through and see what I can find!

HMMM ! I have to think about this one! My DH is the appetizier cooker in the family, come to think of it, he is the only chef in the family ! I don't like being in the kitchen these days !!

Anyway we have some great ones! Maybe I'll do more than one ...

I made myself do this challenge tonight. It's Championship Bean Dip. The recipe does call for a 3 oz. pkg. of cream cheese. I don't think that I have ever seen that in the grocery store. I usually dump in a little more than that. The recipe makes about 4 1/2 C, but I never have very much left over. Next, I should do a recipe for hot wings. They are perfect for watching a Big 12 Championship game, even if one has to root for Kansas State. (I-70 marriage.)

http://scrapgirls.com.ipbhost.com/index.ph...i&img=33667

My team won too!! KU over K-State. Doesn't get much sweeter.

We love garlic cheese grits. It goes with everything from brats to steaks. Don't know how to send cards so I'll just sent it the old fashioned way. Here goes:

GARLIC CHEESE GRITS

1 - 6 oz. tube Jalapeno cheese

1 - 6 oz. tube garlic cheese

OR

1# Velveeta Mexican cheese

1 can Rotell tomates (you choose how hot)

4 c. water

1 c. uncooked instant grits

1/2 t. salt

1/2 t. garlic salt

1/4 c. butter

Slice cheese into small pieces. Put in casserole dish. Melt cheese pieces in microwave.

Bring salted water to a boil, slowly add grits. Bring to a second boil, reduce heat and cook over medium heat for 4-5 minutes, stirring often.

Add butter to grits and mix with cheese, stirring until melted and blended.

Bake uncovered for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.

For tailgate: Put in a crock pot on low heat (after you've baked it about 15 minutes) - it works and it's good.

Hope you enjoy. This has been a family standby for years. When the family is home, it is a must on the table.

I enjoy digital scrapbooking a lot and am looking forward to learning ALL the things I can do with it - like post on messageboard. I'm not giving up, just need to allocate the time to keep learning. I have made recipe files for Christmas gifts and had a lot of fun doing them thanks to the SS Paper Template - BVA Recipe Card.

Sorry this is so long. Looking for other's recipes.

Guest dawnsmemories

I WILL get my recipe done this weekend. I have to miss the chat due to an extra soccer game this week. Have fun!

Dawn

I'm hoping to get time to do this challenge over the next couple of days. I've loved seeing all those entered into the gallery so far! My husband usually does the appetizers for our gatherings, but I help him prepare and make them since it takes some time to 'get it just right' (according to him! lol). We have lots of fun cooking together!

Good Morning all! After a fabulous Big 12 win by my favorite college team – Go Mizzou Tigers! – and looking forward to a big tailgate party this Sunday at our church, my mind is on football and all the fabulous snack food that comes before the game. So today’s Recipe Swap challenge is to share your favorite tailgating (or other party) food. Are you the one who brings the chili? Do you have a special dip that everyone asks you to bring?

Scrap your recipe on a 4 x 6 layout and post in the Recipe Swap and Crop Gallery !! It’s brand new and just waiting for your recipe. If you would like to get copies of the recipes for yourself, please email your 300dpi jpg file to demarskda@yahoo.com. I will collect the recipes and send them out on Friday, Oct. 19th.

And to top off the fun, please join us this Friday, October 12, for our first Recipe Swap Chat and Crop. We will be there at 8 PM EST to share recipes and tips and just have a lot of fun. Hope you can make it!

PS I am hoping to get a layout posted today but my scrapping computer is on the fritz!

okay I am confuzzled. I tried it at 600x400 but it is too small. What pixels are we supposed to use to make it a 4x6? I am using PSP.

Vaughnde

okay I am confuzzled. I tried it at 600x400 but it is too small. What pixels are we supposed to use to make it a 4x6? I am using PSP.

Vaughnde

Vaughnde, sorry for the confusion. I meant a 6 inch x 4 inch card layout, set at 300 dpi to email. To upload in the gallery it should probably be 72 dpi. Does that clarify?

Archived