Help...adding The Detailing To Labels?

Guest GirlyGirl

Guest GirlyGirl

I'm hoping someone can give me tips on how i would add the detailing lines/edging to labels. I'm sure that's probably not the right term, but for example, in this:

http://store.scrapgirls.com/product.php?id=10370&cat=

I know how to get the papers into the label template, but how do you add the edging lines to make it look similar to that green one?

Good question! I'm sorry I'm not able to help you, but I'm sure someone will be along soon. I'll be very interested in the solution also!

I see this is your first post! Welcome to ScrapGirls and to the Message Board. I hope you enjoy the time you spend here with us!

You can always make each ine as for writing on ? with your ________ key on your keyboard & make it a new layer

....sorry of that's not what you want ....but make sure each line is a separate layer so you can place them where you wish.

caren

Guest GirlyGirl

thanks for the warm welcome :) I've actually been "shopping" here for a while, but am just getting around to playing with the digistuff and creating more. I've got PS7.

You could use a Stroke to add an edge or use a brush to create more of a grunged edge. If you are wanting to do lines on the label that you would then journal on, I think you would use a small, hard edge Brush or the line tool. HTH

And welcome to Scrap Girls!

try selecting your layer (ctrl + clicking on your layer) this should put the marching ants around the label.

go to: SELECT > MODIFY > CONTRACT (throw in a number, guess about how far in your want your outline to be - you can always go back and try again, so try a couple things and see whats best).

EDIT > STROKE (again its trying a few things on the pixel input). also select your chosen color in the box.

you can always go back and repeat the process with larger numbers for the "contract" to get different colors, etc.

there are other ways, but this is what i personally find the easiet.

hope this helps!

• 5 years later...

try selecting your layer (ctrl + clicking on your layer) this should put the marching ants around the label.

go to: SELECT > MODIFY > CONTRACT (throw in a number, guess about how far in your want your outline to be - you can always go back and try again, so try a couple things and see whats best).

EDIT > STROKE (again its trying a few things on the pixel input). also select your chosen color in the box.

you can always go back and repeat the process with larger numbers for the "contract" to get different colors, etc.

there are other ways, but this is what i personally find the easiet.

hope this helps!

Thank you for the easy instructions. Is it possible to add an effect to the border? I selected it so I have the marching ants but can't seem to apply an effect such as chrome. I use both PSE 8 and 11 for mac as well as PS5.

Thank you for the easy instructions. Is it possible to add an effect to the border? I selected it so I have the marching ants but can't seem to apply an effect such as chrome. I use both PSE 8 and 11 for mac as well as PS5.

Once you've got the "marching ants" try creating a new layer. Then go Edit > Stroke and create the border. Then you can easily add styles or effects to the border.

Let us know how that works! :D

Archived