Printer & Mac?

tmmater

What kind of printers are you lovely Mac people using?

I'm toying with getting an all-in-one (one of the Canon Pixma 830 or the 530). I need a scanner too and a fax would be nice.

Any experience or opinions?

Thanks tons,

Tina

I am a Mac user and I use a Canon Pixma IP5200. It is a couple years old but I love it. It has continued to work as well as the day that I got it. I have also had HP and Epson printers but I do think this Canon one is my favorite. Pictures come out great on it and I never have to worry about how they will look. HTH.

Hi,

For what it's worth, I've only ever used Epson products. I currently have a Photo R320 and a R1800 (wide format). My DH works for a publishing company and they only use Epson products so that's where the recommendations originally came from. We are VERY happy with them. I've also heard good things about Canon products. I used to work for an office supply and repair company and a lot of our service calls were for HP printers. I hope they've improved since then. I'm sure someone will come now and vouch for them, too. :D

~Zaz

I have a Mac and I use a Canon iP6700D printer. I love it, it prints wonderfully, but doesn't have any scanning capabilities. But it is a photo printer, so I do most of my small prints at home. It's only about 5 or 6 months old and it has held up great. I love the fact that it has individual ink tanks so that I only have to replace one at a time.

It's been extremely compatible with my Mac, no problems setting it up or anything. HTH! :)

We also have two Epsons: an R220 hooked to my dh's computer, on which he prints his 8x10 bird photos and which we take in the RV with us on long trips, and an R1800 hooked to my computer, on which I print 12x12 scrapbook pages. Both word very well, and use separate ink cartridges. We had an HP wide format, which performed well for about three years, and then began deteriorating. It's larger cartidges did last a long time, though. You may want to check whether the all-in-one you consider produces photo-quality prints; they didn't use to, but it's been years since we had one of those.

Archived