Layer Styles In Pse 6

I hope someone can help me. I downloaded the trial version of Photoshop Elements 6 a few days ago. First time with Photoshop. I previously used Digital Image Pro. I'm not used to Layer styles that you can install into the program. I purchased one of the Layer styles in the boutique, then tried to load it according to the instructions that came with it. Then I opened up my program to try it out and cannot find it anywhere. Is it possible that the Layer style that I purchased does not work with PSE 6? Or is it possible that it does not install because it is the trial version? I was so excited about using it and cannot wait to get it to work! I hope someone has some input. Thanks so much!

I am not dure if they won't install because of trail ...but try this it works with pse5 when you install new styles ok....

restart pse6 & holddown the shift key when you restart it i personally cant hold mine down for more than 8 sec but try that it will load anything you have installed in pse5 & it is worth a try

Caren

The styles do work, but the path to install them is very different.

XP- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Adobe\Photoshop Elements\6.0\Locale\<en_US or your locale>\Photo Creations\layer styles

Vista- C:\ProgramData\Adobe\Photoshop Elements\6.0\Locale\<en_US or your locale>\Photo Creations\layer styles

Also, they show up differently than before. Over in the list where you can see all of the styles - they will show up individually by name. They aren't shown by groups and you can't load them up in groups as you could before. You have to pull up that listing of ALL of your styles and then go tthrough them. Once you mouse over them, you'll see the names. Like Cheryl's styles start with CBA_, etc.

They really changed it. But they DO work. I've tested it a bunch of times.

I don't believe the styles from the boutique come with instructions for installing in 6.0 (they have not been updated yet), so you were probably following the 5.0 instructions, which will not work. The file paths are different.

For more info, see This thread and there is link in that thread to another thread regarding the same issue.

the styles do work with 6.0, getting them in the right place can be the challenge!!

Christy

The styles do work, but the path to install them is very different.

XP- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Adobe\Photoshop Elements\6.0\Locale\<en_US or your locale>\Photo Creations\layer styles

Vista- C:\ProgramData\Adobe\Photoshop Elements\6.0\Locale\<en_US or your locale>\Photo Creations\layer styles

Also, they show up differently than before. Over in the list where you can see all of the styles - they will show up individually by name. They aren't shown by groups and you can't load them up in groups as you could before. You have to pull up that listing of ALL of your styles and then go tthrough them. Once you mouse over them, you'll see the names. Like Cheryl's styles start with CBA_, etc.

They really changed it. But they DO work. I've tested it a bunch of times.

I am so glad I am a pse5'er LOL

Thanks Ro!!

I decided to start a new topic about this in the PSE Questions section so that new members may be able to find it easily. Here is the instructions for installing styles in PSE6 and I also included installing actions.

Sue

Thank you so much for all of your input. I'm totally new at this. I tried holding down the Shift key. That didn't seem to work. I think my problem is trying to find the correct path to install them into: "Vista- C:\ProgramData\Adobe\Photoshop Elements\6.0\Locale\<en_US or your locale>\Photo Creations\layer styles". I feel like an ***, but I cannot find this path anywhere. Anyone know how "exactly" I go about finding it? I'm so sorry. But I'm getting so frustrated. Thanks again everyone for your responses!

Stacy

Archived