Congratulations April Showers (april)!

Wxchic

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I started writing a bit about myself, and think I've given you WAY more than you want to know. ;)

I grew up in Santa Barbara, California. We lived a ways out of town up a winding mountain road. Most of my friends' parents were too scared to drive it, so I spent my time playing with dolls, reading, making forts, and climbing trees, and more reading.

I went to BYU on a small scholarship and majored in theater with a costume design emphasis. If I'd known how many art classes were required, I might have been too afraid to start. I have family members who are quite talented artists, but I didn't think of myself as one. I met my wonderful husband, Bob, in Sunday School and we have been married for 21 years. I graduated one week before our first child, Cathrine was born (5 weeks early.) We have 4 children: Cathrine- 19 (photochic in the gallery), Annette- 17, Charlotte- 14, and Thomas who is almost 11. We moved to Oregon in 1988 when Bob took a job with Intel. He has worked there for the last 19 years, but Nov 16th will be his last day.

I knew digital scrapbooking was the way for me back in 1999 when I started arranging my photos into album pages in Photoshop. It wasn't until I found ScrapGirls that I really got going. The first item I purchased in the boutique was Ro's Scrapbooking Secrets for Photoshop. They helped me apply what I already knew about Photoshop to Scrapbooking. I really wish I'd found ScrapGirls earlier.

While I commented occasionally on the message board, I didn't join many challenges or chats until after my mother died last January. I was touched by how kind and thoughtful everyone was in the first High Noon Crop I joined. ScrapGirls has been my therapy- with Ro's insightful muses and the friends I have made on the message board-- I really feel at home here. Thanks to everyone who makes ScrapGirls such a friendly and welcoming place.

I couldn't choose a favorite layout, so Annette helped me out. It is of Cathrine and her best friend Kaitlyn. It is really simple, but I had a lot of fun with the word art, and I love how the paper picks up the colors in their clothes. Cathrine and Kaitlyn

Archived