Thursday Challenge 110107

PBarnes

I was awakened at 4:30 am yesterday to the sound of wind howling around our house. The seasons of Fall here in the northern hemisphere and Spring in the southern hemisphere are often known for winds accompanying the weather changes. So what does this have to do with a scrapbooking challenge you ask? I want you to scrapbook the wind. How do you do that? You can't see the wind, you can't hold it or touch it. Think about photos that you might have that show the effects of wind, like hair blowing, trees bending, etc. If you don't have any photos that work, make your layout represent the wind. Use your imagination.

Post your layouts in the General Message Board Gallery found under ScrapGirls Challenges.

Mine is here.

Ooooh Pat, this is a tricky one!!!!! I will have to think about it for awhile... I have some great shots but am not quite sure how to apply them.... No wonder it woke you up !!!!! I would have been up after that all night ...

Thanks for your wonderful creative self !!!! You are a blessing to all of us !!!

I've been in a real slump lately with even the challenges not helping me come out of it. But this one jumped out and blew me away. hehehe.. pardon my pun. I have no idea what I'm going to do for this but at least it made me want to find something. Wish Ihad today off and I'd scrap something right now. As it is, I have to go back to work and keep this one the back burner all day. Its a GREAT challenge Pat. It will take some creative thinking to come up with this one.

I have just posted a wind challenge layout. You can view it at No Limits

Given all the wind and weather we had last week, I felt compelled to do something for Pat's challenge. I started with a very different layout than my final page. I like the large picture but when I started working on this version, I envisioned taking the opacity way down. However, I found doing that reduced the silouette effect that I quite liked so I didn't drop it back much. I'm still not sure if I like my this version so any suggestions are welcome.

Fun challenge -- and well timed.

Mary Elizabeth

Archived