Guess What I Got?!?!

nichole

Yep, I got the laptop! Here's what happened....

That morning while I was on the phone with my mom, I told her about this stellar sale at walmart and she should check it out. She is a techno junkie and loves getting good deals. She was going shopping that day anyways, so she was going to stop in and check it out.

Later that day, she calls me all upset because walmart was out of this one item she wanted to buy ME. She told me to call the other walmart's in the area to find a laptop! I started arguing with her about it..."You are NOT buying me a laptop!" ...it didn't work. She's so stinking stubborn! My parents bought me the Acer laptop that was on sale on Friday! It's a combined birthday (coming up!) and christmas present, plus a christmas bonus. (I work for them part time and they feel they need to do crazy things like that)

Isn't that awesome! I was in tears over this, I was so happy! After the last couple of weeks I've had, it was a nice surprise...and generous! I feel so weird about my parents buying me a computer. They are so good about things like this. She told me this is to help me with my business because she has faith in me. Ok, gonna cry again!

So here's the specs on this thing:

Acer Aspire

1gb ram (not a ton, but will work)

80 gb hard drive

cd/dvd-rw combo

15.4 lcd screen

and it has the wi-fi card...awesome! We are totally wireless out here! yippee!

I just wanted to be able to finally share some good news with you guys! I'm so excited!

Yea, nichole! That is awesome! They sure do love their daughter! You're gonna have so much fun with that new laptop and everytime you turn it on you'll think about the wonderful people who gave it to you....i'm thinkin' you're going to have to do a LO about this surprise!

That's fantastic! You're going to have such fun!

And please don't feel weird about your parents buying you a laptop. I'm sure it gave them great pleasure to be able to do so. Just think how you will feel when it's your turn to have adult children, and you'll still enjoy being able to make them happy. ;)

Yeay for Nichole! :)

So cool Nichole! Enjoy it. If you get to a point where you need more memory....check out newegg.com (am I allowed to put that URL in one of these posts?). If not....just let me know and I won't do it again.

BTW - I LOVE how you spell your name. My youngest daughter's middle name is Nichole and that's the way we chose to spell it. I rarely see her name spelt that way though. Nice to know someone else uses the spelling.

Denise

Well congratulations , What a wonderful gift to receive !!!!! My computer techs just love the Acer. Apparently they have an exceptional service center. As a matter of fact. Its right here in Syracuse. Not that you'll ever need it, but just in case, I promise to babysit it for you !

You will never have to leave ScrapGirls again !!!!! What an awesome thought !!!!! Enjoy enjoy enjoy !!!!!!

WOW! How incredibly loving your parents are!

It IS more blessed to give than to receive, but sometimes its hard to believe that, isn't it?

My tech nerd SIL convinced me to replace my desktop with a desktop, but I SO wanted to be able to take my work with me here and there! (He is probably right in my case, since i have SO MUCH graphic stuff to deal with in my "other work"). He has both, so why can't I??) LOL

Enjoy...

Barb

you guys are all so awesome!!! I am excited about being able to play whenever/wherever I want. I have to hunt down a router seeing as how my signal is very weak in the living room. AND, I'm finding it very difficult to type on this thing...curser goes all whacky on me. I'm sure it's just the user! LOL

Kids are ok, I'm sick now though. Figures. Have a new toy and not feeling well enough to play with it! I just love God's sense of humor! Kinda like making the itchiest part of your body (your back) the one spot you can't reach....LOL

Well thanks again! I'm off to take a nap. I have a WIC appointment this afternoon so I only have a few hours to rest.

be back soon!

That is so awesome Nichole! Are parents great! My Mom just gave me $2500 to pay for physical therapy that I need but can't afford ... AND she bought my dh a $3000 riding lawn mower just because he's been a big help to her lately. I had tears in my eyes when I read your post! I am SOOOO happy for you! And sooooo happy that you finally had some good news to share!!!

Guest cathyok

Congrats, Nichole, on your new toy!!! I'm also sure that it gave your mom great pleasure to do that for you! Have fun!

Cathy

How exciting! I went and looked at it but just couldn't get it this time. Please let me know how well it works for you, I am hoping to get one soon and I imagine there will be another sale or two coming up.

Oh I really like it! Honestly, it is just as fast as my PC and so convenient! The only problems I'm having are user related ;)

1. I'm finding that if I start typing too fast, my cursor gets relocated somewhere on the page. Not sure why it does that...maybe I have to move the "pointer" somewhere else? Trying to figure that out.

2. I really don't like the whole touch pad thing for Photoshop use. It's really hard to hold shift, left click, and move at the same time. Cramps my hands up! LOL So, I'm in search of a mouse to hook up to it, but the mouse port is not the same as what I have laying around. I'm in search of a mouse with a USB cord or a wireless.

3. I need a router. We have wireless out here but the only router is 1 house away and I'm getting a very weak signal. Do I need the laptop connected to the net? Probably not, but it sure would make it more fun! ;)

So, that's it! Told you it was user related!!! Hahaha I think my priority right now is the mouse. Once I get that...whew smooth sailing!

I'd bet that the day after thanksgiving (affectionately called Black Friday) SOMEONE will have a laptop sale. You might have to get up at 2 a.m. and wait in line for 3 hours for the store to open...but hey, if you are saving a couple hundred $$$...totally worth it!

Archived