Look What I Found

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Doxy_Chic

Doxy_Chic
  • Guests

Posted 22 June 2005 - 12:38 PM

Attached File  Young_Man.jpg   54.71KB   24 downloadsI Forgot all about these pics. My mother gave them to me a few years ago when she cleaned out my grandparents home after my grandpa passed. They were her grandmothers who was from Holland. I just scanned a bunch but have more to go. Only a few are dated or have any info on them,but I do recognize my Great Gram in a lot of them.So Happy to have these now i,m stuck with that great question of (now what?) So many choices and ideas . Would love your thoughts. check them out in my gallery under Old Photos album

#2 lesliefavela

lesliefavela

I Made it! I'm a Top-Dog Scrapper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,073 posts

Posted 22 June 2005 - 12:45 PM

That is a wonderful picture. You're going to have fun with these. Are you going to paper scrap or digital?

For pictures like that, that I have on paper, I've decided I will mount them using photo corners, only. I won't ruin the pics or any writing that may be on the back.

Hope you're going to share with us what you come up with. Have fun!!!
Everything happens for a reason.

Leslie

#3 ScrappingForever

ScrappingForever

Scrap Girl Messageboard Wise One

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,352 posts

Posted 22 June 2005 - 03:54 PM

Oh neat, Diane! Gonna check out the rest of them. Can't wait to see what you come up with!
Jan

#4 varanda

varanda

whatevah

• Members
  • 8,467 posts

Posted 22 June 2005 - 04:56 PM

great find, and I agree, don't ruin them, digital is a great way to go with scanning both front and back and then either framing the originals or putting them in protective sleeves in you safe deposit box!

there are so many sets here, too, that are perfect for heritage photos! TFS
Valerie

#5 Pearl Girl

Pearl Girl
  • Guests

Posted 22 June 2005 - 05:02 PM

Those old photos are such treasures to have. What a gift.

I agree with the others. Use them to make some digital heritage pages. It's nice to know who they are but you can include your wondering in a short journal note, make guesses or other comments about the feelings the photos invoke.

#6 wings

wings
  • Guests

Posted 22 June 2005 - 06:28 PM

Wow, these are fantastic. I would love to have a stash like this! You are a VERY lucky scrap girl.

Now, I can't wait to see how you scrap them!

#7 angleigh

angleigh

Customer Service Extraordinare

• Design Team
  • 5,756 posts

Posted 22 June 2005 - 08:36 PM

wow..I just saw these in the gallery. What great pictures. Your going to have fun with them!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users