Secret Pals (december)

TracEy

This sounds like a real hoot and I'd love to sign up but I have 2 questions:

1: If I send photos should they be just general photos (as opposed to photos of myself)...that could be a dead giveaway!

2: I live a very long way away from most and am not sure about the time difference for the 'chat'.....I could very well sleep right through it?? LOL

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Your photos will ONLY be sent to the person that has your name picked. You will NOT know who has your name. Thats the Secret Part! Once I make out the names on paper of those participating, my husband will pull from a bowl to match everyone up. Once you are matched, I will send you a confirmation email letting you know who your Secret Pal is to spoil for the first round. Along with that email will be their email they have sent me letting me know they wanted to participate along with all the questions asked above.

The chat is not something you HAVE to participate in. We will have the chat for anyone that can make it. Once the chat is over, I will post who your Secret Pal was. I dont want you to NOT participate because you feel you may not be able to make the chat. The chat is just an added bonus to the fun.

Hope I answered your questions. Let me know if you have any further questions.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Attention all participants!:

I have received lots of emails from you that are wanting to spoil someone by being a Secret Pal. I am really excited. If you have sent me an email to be a Secret Pal and you HAVE NOT received an email back from me letting you know that I received it, please let me know. I dont want anyone to get left behind. If you do not get the reply email from me, that means I do not have you on my list. This process is VERY important in order to have a successful beginning to the Secret Pals that I hope to continue.

I will be busy for the next 7 days with Thanksgiving, cooking, getting ready, visiting family, and going camping so I may not be on the computer much. If you sign up and dont hear back from me, dont worry, I will check in every so often.

Hope you all have a wonder Thanksgiving Holiday.

Wow, I just found and read through this thread. It sounds like so much fun. I'm afraid of committing and not doing. But this is something I would love to do. I think I'll sign up and force myself to stay committed. It would be fun to do something special for someone for the holidays. What a great idea.

BTT

Joy ~ I just sent you 2 emails, one from each email you sent (questionaire and photos), also sent you a PM. Let me know if they worked this time. Thanks for letting me know you didnt receive the confirmation.

Was there anyone else?

Thanks for bumping this guys. I was travelling when the thread first hit, so was unable to post/e-mail at that time.

I COMPLETELY forgot since I got home just in time to kick off Thanksgiving.

So thank you my wonderful Scrap Girls... Thank you Tracey... and thank in you advance to my future secret pal!

Bump... Bump... Bump...

Pattyanne, you live close enough to me I could bring you cookies. hehehehe.

Bring 'em!

One of these days, we'll be playing in your area and we WILL meet!

In the meantime, I'll sure take your cookie recipes!

This sounds like a lot of fun. Going to try and get my info together by the 29th!

Thanks Tracey. I did one of these YEARS ago for an online quilt group i belonged too. It was also fun but because it was an entire year it actually got to the point where it seemed difficult. I like the fact that this is short and sweet...with more to come and a variety of secret pals!

Hopefully i'll be able to get the questionairre and pictures together by Thursday.

Thanks!

Denise

3 more days to sign up. Dont miss out on the fun.

Here is the list so far:

Vaugnde

Zaz

Iwillfly525

Actnfunny

Amysout

cricket331

PBarnes

AnnBk

PDPLauren

Shelbi

ChildBride

BSCal

JustPattyAnne

We also have (2) Angels:

Tracey (myself)

AngelaNussbaum

If any of you have changed your mind or for some reason can not continue to play, the angels are here to take over for you. I would much rather us know that you are unable to continue than for your Secret Pal to feel like he / she is being left out. If you are interested in becoming an Angel sign up and let me know. Your name will be set up ONLY if someone can not continue to play, leaving an odd man / woman out. Of course this is worse case scenario. Hoping this doesnt happen, but keeping my bases covered, sort of speak.

Stay Tuned to find out who you will be spoiling. I can not wait to read the stories.

In the meantime, think of a way to let your secret pal know that YOU are THEIR secret Pal. Once we get started I would like for you all to somehow get in contact with them so they know they were not left behind and that their Secret Pal is excited to have them as their new Pal.

Do you like cards in the mail? Or postcards from someone you know? Have you ever had a pen pal and couldnt wait to get their next letter? Or how about getting a gift in the mail? Or just a little something that surprises you and makes you feel REALLY special?

Take a moment and think to yourself..............How did that make you feel? SPECIAL?

Give that feeling to someone else by being a Secret Pal, and by being a Blessing in someone else's life. Who knows, maybe you will make a really great friend to someone who is in need of a friend.

lol.. i have a question...

how the heck do i do something that my secret pal wont know me right away from? i live in colorado.. so any mail i send.. dugh... if i call... i could lose it from there.. hehe

I guess i need some ideas? do we need to get an.. more anonomyous email?

angela

Archived