Life Moments Tongiht 11/20 @ 9 Pm Est

angelaNussbaum

Join me tonight at 9PM ET for the next crop in the "All About Me" series.

This time we will be creating a layout about that childhood story that needs to be passed on. While you may not have an exact photo for that story, see if you can include a photo of you at that time!

My layout is not quite finished. But is a funny story about how as a little girl, i let the gas man in and brought him to the bathroom where my mom was taking a bath. Then 2 days later, my mom ran down stairs (apartment) to do laundry in the winter, and i locked the door. When she came back I was yelling that i couldnt unlock it, and she yelled back "if you can let the gas man in, you can let me in!!"

My mother tells this story every chance she gets. But one day she might not be around to tell it, and id love to have something like this to share with my kids, and maybe even my grandkids!

It'll be a great chance to learn more about your fellow Scrap Girls, so I hope to see you there!

By the way. Dont forget to post your layouts in the Life Moments Gallery.

Oh gosh! I'm going to have to think about this one! Not sure when I'll get to it (I'm WAY behind as it is) but I'll put it on my list. I have a list going just for the Life Moments LO's I've been missing. One day I will get to them and you'll be bombarded with way too much information about me! LOL!

I'll try to make it tonight. The kids are staying up late to watch Charlie Brown's Thanksgiving show, so I may be late getting to the chat (I'll have to put them to bed at 9). As for a layout, I'll really have to think about it.

I won't make it tonight. DD is coming home from college. I've got pizza on the menu and videos rented so we'll just chill.

I do have a 'letting a man in the house story' though. Early one Saturday morning I was up and my parents were not. I must have been less than 5 because I barely remember this--just from the retelling! I let in a 'strange man' then went to my parents' room to let them know. The good news is that it was my dad's youngest brother passing through on leave from the Air Force. Maybe he looked enough like my dad that I wasn't afraid to let him in. Gave my parents a scare though! I must have been an early riser. I can remember many times up before everyone else and helping myself to the sugar in my mom's yellow Tupperware sugar bowl.

There, now I won't feel like I'm missing the chat--except I'll miss hearing all of your stories!!

Happy Thanksgiving!

I might make the chat, depending on how busy it is at work tonight! I have a perfect story, will have to check with my mom if there is a photo to go with it! I was in grade 4 and we drove from Manitoba to California for Christmas (for an Amway convention!) I think we were visiting some relatives on the way and were doing some sight seeing in 2 vehicles. I was left behind at the dinosaur that was in the movie Peewee's big adventure. I was in the washroom, washing my hands. I remember the soap made my hands soft.

So as they were driving down the highway, they realized it was just too quiet (I have 3 sisters and had to talk a lot to get noticed!) instead of assuming I was in the other vehicle, they decided to go back and check. There I was, in the bathroom, still washing my hands. I didn't even know they had left yet!

I'm sorry I missed the chat! Dh came home at 9 last night and jumped on the computer. I told him about the chat, but he didn't get off the computer. Oh, men! But I have thought of a few stories that are worth sharing with my kids and grandkids some day. I just have to find the pictures!

you can so do this challenge without a photo!!! there are some great examples in the Life Moments Gallery...

this one by Becca (3*little*dragonflies)

This one by Ngaire (you could easily do this without the faded photo)

This one i tried to do

These are examples from other galleries.

This is one i tried to do awhile ago. I made the lightening with a psp brush.

This is one Dee did

This is one Anna Did

Anyways... i hope some of those help! No one ever said layouts have to have a photo!

Archived