#1 The Pink Lady

The Pink Lady

Super Scrapper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 02 July 2005 - 04:25 PM

Hi!

I'm hoping someone out there can help me with my query.

I'm trying to put a paperclip onto a LO, to attatch a photo to, but i can't seem to get the back part to be behind the photo and the front part in front! It's either all behind or all infront! I know how it should look like, you know - like when you attatch paper together and you just see the front part of the paperclip... :dunno:

I've had a look in the university but can't find anything about this, and couldn't watch the tutorial i wanted to anyhow (stupid cm'pooter!!).

I use Microsoft Picture IT 7.0 if that makes a difference.

Any ideas??

TIA

#2 Betsy

Betsy

Scrap Girl Messageboard Wise One

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,600 posts

Posted 02 July 2005 - 04:37 PM

Tonya (gauchogirl) has a great tutorial for this in Photoshop - not sure if the steps would translate for your program, though.

Basically, you ned the clip to be on top of your paper, and then delet the part that would be underneath, you know?
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#3 LissaD

LissaD

Scrap Girl Messageboard Wise One

• Design Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,483 posts

Posted 02 July 2005 - 06:33 PM

Adding paperclips to paper or charms to ribbons is usually pretty simple. I have Digital Image Pro which is also Microsoft but I cannot remember the features that are in 7. Hopefully it is the same.

Go do your effects pull-down menu> transparency> transperancy brush. Set to 100% transparent. Take the brush and erase the part of the clip or sharm that is supposed to go behind.

If you don't see a transparency brush, maybe you have an erase feature somewhere. It is the same concept.

After you have erased the parts of the element you want to erase be sure to group it to the paper or photo so that as you move elements you don't accidently move one or the other, it is such a pain to try to line up again!
Happy Scrapping,
Melissa Renfro

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

view My Collections in the Boutique

#4 The Pink Lady

The Pink Lady

Super Scrapper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 03 July 2005 - 10:24 AM

Ok, I think i have it... I had to 'trim' the back part from the paperclip. I couldn't just make a cutout coz it still left it behind!! I looked for the transparency tool but it would only make the whole paperclip transparent! didn't have the facility to make part of the picture transparent - well I couldn't do it anyhow!!
I wasn't sure if it was more technical than this! I wondered if it was all about layers!?

Anyhow, thanks all for your help - much appreciated.

The Pink Lady

N : )

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users