December Board Contest- 12 Days Of Christmas Challenge

Wxchic

The end to another year is approaching. This means family gatherings, happy times, Christmas Trees, Menorahs and New Years' resolutions. It's also time for our most challenging game of the year; the 12 Days Of Christmas Message Board Challenge!

This challenge promises to keep you busy all month long! Here are the rules. Every few days, we'll give you a task to accomplish. There will be 12 tasks in all (12 days of Christmas). The mission is to do them ALL. If you complete them all, you will be eligible to win a $10 Gift Certificate to the Boutique.

Also, there will be layouts to complete within these tasks. If you just wish to just do the layouts, then you are eligible for a $5 Gift Certificate should your layout be chosen as a winner of that particular task. Be sure to post your layouts in the appropriate gallery as you complete them.

Store all your answers and links in a word document and e-mail it to wxchic at sgwxchic at gmail dot com by the 31st of December.

Look for your tasks HERE! The first one will be posted December 3rd! Good luck and have fun!!

EDITED 12/6/07

Just to clear up a little confusion, you DO NOT need to post your links in this thread. Put them in a word document and mail them to me at the end of the month. It is OK if you already have, but I need a hard copy of them at the end of the month, too! Thanks!!

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There was a tree last year, Zaz. :D It was the only one I did. And the first contest I ever tried on the MB. I can't wait.

Oh no. Maybe I shouldn't even start. Advil is expensive this time of year. Can we beg for mercy this year????? Not QUITE as hard as July's????? Pretty please?????

*sigh*

Must go back to my happy Christmas carol place. Fa la la la la...

~Zaz

I am at a COMPLETE loss here ladies, I wasn't active last year... And I was travelling in July...

So, what type of things? You nearly have me scared to even try... "tree of doom" "not as hard as July" I mean, if April had a bit of a problem with it, there's no way in heck that I could handle it!

Please give me a "for instance"... have pity on my scrapping soul...

Patty Anne ... I didn't do the July "Tree of Doom" because I didn't think my eyes could handle it. However, I do plan on trying it this month. It can't hurt to try and even if you don't get it all right you can still be eligible for the drawing (as long as you complete the rest of the days too.) So... to give you an idea of what it is ... a designer creates a LO that looks like a Christmas tree. We have to go searching through the boutique to find what papers/styles/brushes/elements/etc. were used in the making of the LO. They'll tell us how many and maybe give a clue or two but I wouldn't expect much help. July's major clue was that we had to find 30 things - one item from each of the 30 designers that we had at the time. Or something similar to that. It was hard and drove a lot of people nuts but everyone had tons of fun! The other 12 days will have things like LO challenges (a sketch or have 8 photos or 11 letter in your title, etc.) or things we need to search for and provide links for either in the boutique or the gallery or the message board. It's tons of fun!!!!

OK, gotcha! Thanks Shari... ahem... I mean "Queen Member of the Month"!

I remember a couple of the games that were posted for the July extravaganza - finding the who's or the what's in the layout... Scavenger Hunt stuff...

Breathing a little easier now... Thanks! I look forward to it!

I knew I should have started my Christmas projects earlier - but then I do my best work under pressure. Can't promise to hit all twelve days but will join in the fun as my time allows. Maybe I could skip work for a month? Would anyone other than my check book notice?

Ladies ... your banter back and forth cracks me up ... I WANT IN ON THIS! I have only been here since October ... but my feet are good and wet!!. So, I'm diving into this one. Naturally, it would start tomorrow when I am going to my son's class to teach a Christmas craft project ... well, I bet I can sneak them both in :)

Ladies ... your banter back and forth cracks me up ... I WANT IN ON THIS! I have only been here since October ... but my feet are good and wet!!. So, I'm diving into this one. Naturally, it would start tomorrow when I am going to my son's class to teach a Christmas craft project ... well, I bet I can sneak them both in :)

Glad to hear it Diane! You will have a blast! Even if you can't keep up with all of them, it sure is fun to try!

Oh, my. This sounds interesting! And I'm not sure I even WANT to know what "the tree of doom" is! :disappearing-smilie: I'm a little intimidated, not knowing what I'll have to do. But after hearing you all talk about it, you've got my curiosity peaked. (Hmmm...but you know, they say curosity killed the cat!) Yikes!

Oh, if I'm still here and my head didn't explode I expect that ANYONE can do this. ;)

My only question is it says if you complete everything you have a CHANCE to get the $10 gift certificate. Last time if you got all the work done you got the prize. I'd still do it for fun, but I want to know if there is only one gift certificate or not. :)

~Zaz

Oh, if I'm still here and my head didn't explode I expect that ANYONE can do this. ;)

My only question is it says if you complete everything you have a CHANCE to get the $10 gift certificate. Last time if you got all the work done you got the prize. I'd still do it for fun, but I want to know if there is only one gift certificate or not. :)

~Zaz

Zaz ... you are too funny! I love someone who doesn't beat around the bush! :dancingcow: Great question by the way ... Can't wait for the answer!!

Must be 16 years of being married to a man. Can't be subtle. Say what you mean and ask what you want to know. It doesn't work for me any other way. And I was just such a sweet and quiet thing all those years ago. Even used to hint at stuff. Silly me!!! :D

Looking forward to fun!

~Zaz

I love your directness, Zaz. Reminds me of me!

The tree of doom is right up my alley! Are there time limits on doing the twelve days? Angela's message up at the top says something about storing everything in a Word document and submitting it all at the end of the month. Am I reading this wrong? As with Bingo, I can't be on the computer during the day so I have to scrap after work. (Does it look like I'm still whining over losing at Bingo? So close and yet so far...but don't worry, I'll get over it as soon as the new contest starts!)

Anyway, I look forward to the first assignment tomorrow. See you all then.

Archived