December Board Contest- 12 Days Of Christmas Challenge

Wxchic

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You are too funny Dianne! I love how your LO turned out! And I don't see horns or tears or chocolate spilled on it anywhere! :D

Aww, thanks Shari ... isn't if funny how you get so jazzed and just have to finish this before absolutely anything else??? There are three shows on Monday night that I enjoy ... and I BLEW THEM ALL OFF JUST SO I COULD FINISH MY PROJECT BEFORE MIDNIGHT. I recorded them, however, but that's totally beside the point ...

(Pst ... congrats on completing all of your kids' albums!!!!)

Okay Ang ... I just have to say that your preggers ticker makes me laugh! Do you come up with those sayings or is it part of the ticker???

Thanks on the congrats. It was a big but totally worthwhile project :)

And I don't come up w/the ticker sayings. It's just part of the ticker I chose. A lot of the things on it have cracked me up too :D

Wow girls! There is fabulous stuff in the gallery under this challenge. I just got done leaving everyone some love. So, if you haven't checked your LO out go see all the love you are getting!! Good work everyone! Now, when is the next task???? I'm ready!

Paper layouts are just fine, too! Take a picture of it and post it in the correct gallery.

The tasks will be given out over the whole month of December, not 12 consecutive days. We don't want anyone's head to explode or anyone to neglect their family!

Everyone's layouts look awesome! Keep them coming!

You mean like some of us have been neglecting our families ever since we discovered Scrapgirls? That wouldn't be me ... nope! Not me! That's my story and I'm sticking to it! (My house might be another story though!)

House neglect is okay, isn't it? I do have to do something to make it a bit more presentable today since I just found out that the carpet guy is coming tomorrow (my kid's will now have the best flooring in the house), but the place doesn't need to be spotless for someone who will probably track in a bunch of snow and dirt (is that snirt?), does it? Well, at least I can enlist the help of my almost 5 y.o. (we have to say it that way since he only has a month to go and can't wait). Maybe he can help me finish task one, too. :)

Go, Scrap Girls, Go!!! :D

~Zaz

LOL... i had the worst night last night. Big fight with dear husband... worst migraine ive had in a long time... but this morning i peep in here, and get nothing but joy and laughs!!

Thank you.. your a bunch of fun, but crazy ppl!!

Please... no head exploding... dont think i could handle that.. hehehe

angela

I'm not accusing anyone of anything :D . I'm just speaking from personal experience on the family neglect issue. Remind me, what is housework? I seem to have forgotten that term since discovering SG!

And Zaz, I wouldn't worry about cleaning, you'll have a mess to clean up afterwards, I'm sure. Or at least a lot of rearranging! I'm dying for new carpeting in just one room, but we just can't seem to go order it! I like that new word of yours, snirt! That's what we have here right now! The dog loves to get snirt all over my yucky carpet!

I'm not accusing anyone of anything :D . I'm just speaking from personal experience on the family neglect issue. Remind me, what is housework? I seem to have forgotten that term since discovering SG!

And Zaz, I wouldn't worry about cleaning, you'll have a mess to clean up afterwards, I'm sure. Or at least a lot of rearranging! I'm dying for new carpeting in just one room, but we just can't seem to go order it! I like that new word of yours, snirt! That's what we have here right now! The dog loves to get snirt all over my yucky carpet!

Snirt isn't actually my word. I learned it when I lived in Fargo, North Dakota. They really had snirt. The wind would blow so hard the the dirt would fly and, if you were lucky, you'd get a snowy day on top of it. Snow and dirt flew freely when I lived there. The locals just called it snirt since everyone knew what it meant. Around here the couple of years we've had a lot of snizzle. That would be snow and drizzle. I would rather have snirt. New vocabulary lesson of the day is now complete.

Did someone say something about neglect? I look at it as curing a disorder. See, I used to clean all the time, really- intimidating for my friends and family to visit (like my family ever visits) Now it makes them feel so good about themselves. :)

And still looking for just the right layout to lift.

Thatagirl, April! Helping others by cleaning less! I LOVE it! Maybe we could start a whole movement around that concept. I know there are people that are not allowed in my home without three weeks notice because I have been to theirs. ;)

"snirt" and "snizzle" ... sounds cute to me ... not like anything you should have to get rid of ... SGs has cured my perfectionism (at least in the realm of housework) ... concentrating all my energies now-a-days on perfecting my shopping sg boutique skills and increasing my posting totals -- worthy goals, don't cha think?!

I can see I'm going to have to check into this thread frequently just to keep up with the chatter ... otherwise, I'll have to use up valuable "window" shopping (little word play ^_^ ) time in the boutique just to catch up! btw, lovin' all these wonderful LOs for task #1!

I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one with "scrapgirlitis"! My husband swears he never sees me at night anymore since I'm hunkered down at my computer in the back room. Maybe the only solution is to get a laptop so scrapgirls can travel with me wherever I go!! :dancingelephant: Hmmm...could be a good Christmas present! ;)

A new song is going through my head... All I want for Christmas is a new laptop, a new laptop, a new laptop...

And I think I see a new SG iron on- Scrapgirls- helping people everywhere to clean less :)

Snirt isn't actually my word. I learned it when I lived in Fargo, North Dakota. They really had snirt. The wind would blow so hard the the dirt would fly and, if you were lucky, you'd get a snowy day on top of it. Snow and dirt flew freely when I lived there. The locals just called it snirt since everyone knew what it meant. Around here the couple of years we've had a lot of snizzle. That would be snow and drizzle. I would rather have snirt. New vocabulary lesson of the day is now complete.

Oh good grief! I haven't heard, or thought of snirt in years! Yes, it's absolutely true. North Dakota has snirt. And it's ugly. I lived in Minot for 3 years! Snizzle sounds like it would be much better! Thanks for the reminder of an old word and a new one, Zaz!

I am back just in time for the party. Is it too late too start? I have been so busy making Christmas gifts that I haven't been posting much. I am finally done lurking and caught up on the 6 pages of posts. :hit-head-with-hammer: (Now I need Tylenol!) Will get task #1 done tonight. I feel out of touch with everyone and look forward to participating. (Might miss some days here and there as I am traveling, but DH said put PSE on his laptop for the trip. What a sweet guy.)

Archived