December Board Contest- 12 Days Of Christmas Challenge

Wxchic

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I didn't mean to make you feel bad Caren. I was just fooling around. "Now I've got guilt." - Rex from Toy Story

make me laff now Shari lol Me be fooling around too......"a dingy blonde quote"

Caren

I think I totally missed todays task. I was so wrapped up trying to figure out what "snirt" and "snizzle" mean...I'm still not sure but I think they are related to snow. Maybe. Definitely not up to speed on my Notherner terminology.

No task today! There will be a few days in between tasks, so no worries!

I, too, am waiting on aforementioned LO about snirt. My ds gets so frustrated with our snow. We gt about an inch overnight and it melts by lunch. If we're lucky it will stay until 3. He has been dying to make a snowman for a couple of years. So we are heading down south to California for christmas and will see some snow. He is so happy.

Oh good grief! I haven't heard, or thought of snirt in years! Yes, it's absolutely true. North Dakota has snirt. And it's ugly. I lived in Minot for 3 years! Snizzle sounds like it would be much better!

Snizzle is not much better - it's falling here tonight. Yuk!

Finally! I reach the end of this thread! My, but you've all been busy today. I've lost track of who said what, but here are my responses to some of your comments:

The best way to avoid missing your TV shows is to have a laptop. Since the dds went away to college, dh likes me to sit with him in the evening and I need to have something to do with my hands. Unfortunately, I am so engrossed in my LOs that I miss half of what happens on the TV. Maybe taping is better! Can anyone tell me who won Dancing with the Stars?

Can't say much about my house cleaning habits. I do have dh trained to make dinner though! :dancing-smilie:

Snirt and Snizzle: new words I should teach my dds who chose colleges in northern climates. My Southern California babes are enjoying having real winters, but I am taking bets on how long that will last. The only seasons we have are wind, fire, earthquake, and mudslide!

I look forward to seeing the gallery tonight, that is, after I eat! Maybe I'll even clean up the kitchen for him tonight!

Mmm .... interesting seasons in California. Here we only have Winter and Construction!

Anyway.....I've uploaded my scrap lift layout for Task #1 and not a moment too soon - laundry is buzzing. Actually it buzzed about an hour ago but I do have my priorities!

I lifted a really cool layout by Brandy Valenzuela:

Christmas to Me

Here's my take on it:

Christmas in the Middle

Thanks for looking - off to peruse the rest of the competition.....gloves off and game on!

Oh, and note the new hair colour on my avatar. Went from blonde back to brunette last week! I figured I'd gone to the dark side of digi-scrapping so I should just run with it and do the hair too!

Oh my... i just read this and was caught up.. then i come back and im all confused again..

like someone lifting a lift of a lifted layout that was lifted from a lift? im dizzy.

snow? who has snow? i just have Dirt, with no SN in it... will he shovel dirt? lol

angela

Oh my... i just read this and was caught up.. then i come back and im all confused again..

like someone lifting a lift of a lifted layout that was lifted from a lift? im dizzy.

snow? who has snow? i just have Dirt, with no SN in it... will he shovel dirt? lol

angela

Angela I don't feel bad now...Im just as lost....So if you figure it out just let me know save me some work *L*

Come on Girls it's simple. Let see if I got it right. Janine was lifted twice, so she now wants to do a lift from her lift that was lifted from her. There I think I got it.

You got it! But it was easier said than done (!) so I just lifted one of Brandy Valenzuela's instead! :)

I'm down the road a peice from Carla, so if Cameron is on his way... we have about 15 inches and expect another 6 tonight :) I have fudge!
Cameron likes snow?................Have I got a treat for him! Twelve and a half inches of it to be exact! Soft, fluffy, blowing, white (no snirt) and beautiful and.............IN MY DRIVEWAY! Gargh!

You know ... that's the thing about having to go out for a bit ... you miss too much going on here ... Tonight was Skate Night (school fund raiser; once a month) and we just got back and got showered and finally in the bed, a load of neglected clothes are now in the wash ... and I see Cameron has work to do. He is packed and ready to head out .... he wanted to know where his first stop was, how long does it take to get there and how soon before he can build his FIRST EVER SNOWMAN ... OH, and the fudge ... would cause him to stay another week :)

I'm probably the last stop but I should have the most snow by then and we could even have packing snow by then, and everyone knows it makes the best snowmen! Looks like there is room in the yard for at least one or two more next to the snow-fort. So, if he doesn't mind a bit of good old fashioned Canadian maple syrup in his hot chocolate and a sleeping bag next to the fireplace you can send him on up here after his Chicago stop.

You know, as I look at the map, I believe that Chicago would be Cameron's first stop. We have about 5 inches coming down right now. Tell him, I'll have hot chocolate and cookies waiting!

ROAD TRIP!!!!! Wouldn't it be the coolest thing ever if we could just get in the car (or hop a plane) and just come knocking on doors ... "SURPRISE!" Just know in my heart, I'm am wishing we could come and visit each of you! Oh the fun we would have!!! And I'm serious .... I AM SO JEALOUS OF THE SNOW ALL OF YOU ARE GETTING!!!!!

By the way ... at Skate Night tonight ... Cameron was preparing for a big moment ... he was going to ask Madison (also 8) to be his girlfriend :breakdance: ... unfortunately, Madison didn't make it tonight. Cameron said she might not come, but if she was there he had made a decision to ask her. WOW! They are in the same class at school, so I wonder if he will ask her tomorrow.

Actually, I'd be between Janine and Susie. We have close to a foot and a half of snow at the moment (I'm hoping it's stopped for a bit now). We make several varieties of hot chocolate in this household and I should have a spare bedroom soon since my DS is moving into his new room. We have a few couches, too. Oh, and I'm making LOTS of fudge. Melt in your mouth kind. Doesn't dry out. Fabulous stuff. So send him up! I'll leave the light on!

~Zaz

Well girls.............the next batch of laundry is done and I need to get it taken care of before I get to bed.....and I'll prepare a spot in front of the fireplace for Cameron in case he gets here in the middle of the night!

I take it the young lad likes fudge so I'll set out some maple fudge to go with the hot chocolate - tell him it is made in the shape of a maple leaf. Oh - and does he like marshmallows in his hot chocolate or just some whipped cream on top?

Lights are on, front door is unlocked. G'night!

Well girls.............the next batch of laundry is done and I need to get it taken care of before I get to bed.....and I'll prepare a spot in front of the fireplace for Cameron in case he gets here in the middle of the night!

I take it the young lad likes fudge so I'll set out some maple fudge to go with the hot chocolate - tell him it is made in the shape of a maple leaf. Oh - and does he like marshmallows in his hot chocolate or just some whipped cream on top?

Lights are on, front door is unlocked. G'night!

LOL .... he is going to split his seams when I share this with him in the morning ... No marshmallows, definitely whipped cream! He is going to begggg to head North! Thank you all for including him in this fun!!!

Good Night ladies .... I too am headed to the rack!

Archived