I Have But I Have Not

Guest TamiW

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oooohhh... :(

I have not ridden an e-bike and fallen off it, but I have been a passenger on a motorcycle and gotten a nasty 3rd degree burn on my leg from the tail pipe. :)

(that was a long one - of course, it was suggested that I put on long pants and remember not to put my leg down when stopped, but I kept on my shorts and forgot and put my leg down;  that was a nasty burn that required a lot of care but happily after a year or so it was fine and now barely a scar!)

15 hours ago, Jane in N.Z said:

I havn't burnt myself being a passenger on a motorbike

but I have climbed a dormant volcano (its only Rangitoto Island in the Hauraki Gulf near where I live) 

Oh wow, cool, Jane!

I have not climbed a dormant volcano but I have baked and decorated over 70 little tiny Gingerbread Houses this Christmas! 

Here’s a sampling of the first bunch!

IMG_0900.thumb.jpg.d21332e1a61c4520791caf398936e676.jpg

On 1/6/2018 at 8:34 AM, MariJ said:

Oh wow, cool, Jane!

I have not climbed a dormant volcano but I have baked and decorated over 70 little tiny Gingerbread Houses this Christmas! 

Here’s a sampling of the first bunch!

IMG_0900.thumb.jpg.d21332e1a61c4520791caf398936e676.jpg

Marilyn these are amazing and 70 in one day wow :)  

I have not made 16 nut rolls in a day 

but I have catered for 50 people at our BBQ (not this year though)

6 hours ago, diannecp said:

I have not baked 70 gingerbread houses - or one, for that matter, but I have made 16 nut rolls in one day!

16 nut rolls sound yummy!

37 minutes ago, Jane in N.Z said:

Oh, I made them in 3 days, I think - about 24 each time.  I wouldn’t have made so many, but I bought a package for the first set then my cousin gave me two large rolls of refrigerated gingerbread dough she didn’t use so I wanted to finish it all up!   They were fun to make and you know, it was at least something I COULD do with this foot!

39 minutes ago, Jane in N.Z said:

I have not catered for 50 people (WOW!) at a BBQ, but I have put together numerous photo-candy wrappers for a friend’s wedding!

5 hours ago, MariJ said:

I have not catered for 50 people (WOW!) at a BBQ, but I have put together numerous photo-candy wrappers for a friend’s wedding!

You are so creative in what you do :) 

I haven't made photo-candy wrappers for a wedding

but I have done the wedding flowers in church for a friends daughters wedding.

12 hours ago, Jane in N.Z said:

You are so creative in what you do :) 

I haven't made photo-candy wrappers for a wedding

but I have done the wedding flowers in church for a friends daughters wedding.

Oooh I’ll bet they were pretty! 

I haven’t dont the flowers for a wedding, but I just had my second MRI in 6 months on my foot! 

3 hours ago, Jane in N.Z said:

I have been to Norway and just love it :)

I haven't seen Niagra Falls  (would love to one day)

I knew you’d been to Norway and even met little Emilie!  It looks like such a beautiful country.

I haven’t seen Niagra Falls, either but I have walked to school in the snow.   :blinking-in-scarf:

20 hours ago, Jane in N.Z said:

I have walked to school in the snow (years ago now :rofl: when living in the UK)

but I haven't been skiing

I thought you might have walked in the snow in your younger UK years!  I would never miss snow if I didn’t ever see it again.

I haven’t been skiing but I have taken over 2000 photos on a trip to Australia!  (Actually more like over 2500.  There are 2784 in the file, but there are others added in, like getting ready and Jody’s photos that she took. 

9 minutes ago, MariJ said:

I thought you might have walked in the snow in your younger UK years!  I would never miss snow if I didn’t ever see it again.

I haven’t been skiing but I have taken over 2000 photos on a trip to Australia!  (Actually more like over 2500.  There are 2784 in the file, but there are others added in, like getting ready and Jody’s photos that she took. 

The beauty of digital photography :) 

I haven't taken over 2000photos on a trip to Australia

but I have been to Victoria, Australia and loved it :) 

On 1/20/2018 at 3:19 AM, MariJ said:

I have not been to Victoria Austalia (but would love to) but I have taken a watercolor class and even had some paintings framed.  

I bet your framed paintings look fabulous :) 

I have not been to a watercolour class............  (would love to have a go though)

but I have been to a quilting class..........(it was years ago though :)

If you came here you could come to my class with me, she always welcomes visitors and was hoping to meet Jody one day.

I have been to a quilting class but I haven’t taken a horseback riding class (or gone horseback riding, except as a child on those ponies that barely moved!)

9 hours ago, MariJ said:

If you came here you could come to my class with me, she always welcomes visitors and was hoping to meet Jody one day.

I have been to a quilting class but I haven’t taken a horseback riding class (or gone horseback riding, except as a child on those ponies that barely moved!)

Maybe i will one day Marilyn :) 

I haven't taken a horseback riding class

but I have ridden on a merryground horse and that went rather fast (it was an adult ride not a childs ride )