Holiday Cards

chaena25

Now that the Holidays are here got me thinking, plus the 2nd Task to the 12 days of Christmas contest! What does the majority do for Holiday cards? Do you buy them because its less trouble and you're so busy you just don't have the time? Or do you set some time out of your busy schedule to make some unique cards that come from the heart and the recipient will cherish for years to come?

I've always made cards. Still have a few from last year I will use this year. Being a 14 yr rubberstamper...there is always cards on hand. But I cannot afford postage much so won't be mailing out as many this year as in years past.

Vaughnde

Vaughnde - I know what you mean about stamps. Since much of the people I send to live near my mom and they're family I send them all to her and she passes them out.

Burnsie - You should be proud of your xmas cards you did a GREAT JOB!

OMG Amy that hadn't even crossed my mind! That is an awesome idea. Which gives me a thought my son will be here for the holidays (he's Army Strong and just got back from Iraq) and his b-day is Friday Pearl Harbor Day! So I think we'll be having a photo shoot. I'm still new at all this. And I'm still trying to detach myself from all the tools and gadgets I've acquired.

Thanks for the idea Amy!

And btw your xmas card turned out Great!

I'm making mine this year, also. There are endless possibilities with all the great stuff here at SG's. It just seems to make sense to make to me. So, no more pouring through all those boxes of cards, and never really finding the ones that I really like. This way , I get exactly what I want...

In the past I would take a picture of my DDs and upload to shutterfly or one of those places. Then pick one of their templates and print. Well...got tired of the templates so this year I scrapped our card, sent it to Costco and had 5x7's printed. Then went to envelopemall and bought 100 5.25x7.25 envelopes to send them in.

Can't wait to pick them up from Costco!

I was going to digi scrap a card...possibly with my hubby & I's picture...but I think I missed my chance on that (he's out of state now)......we did make some cards with paper scrapping materials. They came out lovely...took pics which I need to upload. I'll probably do the digi scraping cards next year.

Archived