Support Group For The "tree Of Doom" Participants

Cheri T

Well Girls, they haven't even posted it yet, but apparently a lot of us are dreading the tree of doom already...I know I'm one of them. I was newish and a lurker in July,and I remember thinking anyone who tried to figure out that monster was in over her head, lol. So this can be a catchall thread for those of us banging our heads against the wall, or the occasional person who might just have to shout out, "I FIGURED OUT A PIECE!!" :)

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BWAHAHAHA!!! The tree of doom????

Did I make you suffer that much when I made that thing last year? OH NO!

Well, you'll have to wait and see, won't you? Because all nice little girls have to wait and see what nice surprises Ro and her Elves have cooking up for you.

For those of you that haven't been here with us for a year... The 12 Days of Christmas starts on the 13th of December...It's a big deal for us. We plan it and work on it for it for a long time... But what is coming is a SUR-PRIZZZZZEEEEEEEE ....

I'm not telling.

Zipping my lips.

But you'll want to stick around and see.

(Tee hee)

Eeeeks! *shivering in my boots (er, slippers)*

I'm not proud...I'm joining the support group. So, everyone...don't run :eekout::runningdog: ...don't hide :embarrassed003: ...stand strong :ph34r: ...stand together :circle: ...we can do it :2468who-do-we-appreciate: ! I'll bring the chocolate. We still need volunteers to bring advil. By the end of the contest we will be able to call ourselves:

THE FEW, THE PROUD, THE VICTORIOUS SCRAPGIRLS!

All I can say is OMG what have I gotten myself into !!! :) :) I knew there was something about this site and now I know what it is. It brings back all those memories of Christmas past when I was the kid and NOONE would tell me a thing !!!!!

And back in the day they didn't have support groups !!LOL..... So, I guess I'll stick around and see what pops up !! :winking_baby:

BWAHAHAHA!!! The tree of doom????

Did I make you suffer that much when I made that thing last year? OH NO!

Well, you'll have to wait and see, won't you? Because all nice little girls have to wait and see what nice surprises Ro and her Elves have cooking up for you.

For those of you that haven't been here with us for a year... The 12 Days of Christmas starts on the 13th of December...It's a big deal for us. We plan it and work on it for it for a long time... But what is coming is a SUR-PRIZZZZZEEEEEEEE ....

I'm not telling.

Zipping my lips.

But you'll want to stick around and see.

(Tee hee)

this is serious! an apearanceby Ro and still no assurances~ I am not one to run and hide and I peek even when I cover my eyes at the scary parts....but I am not certain I can get through this one! I will try! 1 and 2 are over so ready for #3!

I would like to join the support group. The Tree of Doom in July made me buy stock in Advil. I now have plenty and would be happy to share.

Ro is such a tease. One must be careful about teasing desperate people. ;)

Oh, btw, a Christmasaholic friend of mine always used to say that the 12 days of Christmas actually ran from December 25 forward. ;) Boy, wouldn't that be much more convenient!

Looking forward to much fun and frustration. I also enjoy shopping this time of year so I'm a glutton for punishment. ;)

~Zaz

Was it Angela who told us to keep watching our newsletters? Well I've been watching! (Loved today's muse btw!) I don't see anything even remotely similar to the Tree of Doom! I think they are torturing us by making us wait ... which makes the TOD that much worse! Okay ... of to Costco to buy a great big bottle of Advil!!!

Aha! Support Group! Glad I found you. I am looking forward and terrified at the same time. I joined in July, but am gone for 3 weeks for campmeeting and couldn't participate. Am (not) looking forward to the Tree of Doom. :embarrassed003: Just tell me when it is safe to look.

I agree...it really must be serious with the way Ro is teasing us! I'm saving ALL my newsletters from 12/3 on just in case I need to go back and peruse. For those who may not know, you can always see recent newsletters at the bottom of the home page on the left. :)

Glad to see I'm not the only one "worried" about this, lol.

I agree...it really must be serious with the way Ro is teasing us! I'm saving ALL my newsletters from 12/3 on just in case I need to go back and peruse. For those who may not know, you can always see recent newsletters at the bottom of the home page on the left. :)

Glad to see I'm not the only one "worried" about this, lol.

Ro gave a great clue re: when to start expecting the ScrapGirls 12 Days of Christmas stuff. I keep my newsletters for perusing anyway, but you don't need to save them specifically for preparing for the 12 Days.

And since lots of you joined after Christmas like I did and don't know this... the fun (and nutty) thing is that there are TWO 12 Days events to look forward to at ScrapGirls! One strictly for message board folks (which you're all excitedly participating in, riiiiiiight?) And then the much anticipated 12 Days that starts on Dec 13th as Ro mentioned :) ENJOY!

(Wringing my hands together and laughing evilly...)

"Oh my pretties... Just wait to see what me and my little dog (oh, wait... I don't have a little dog anymore)... Eh-hummm, I mean, me and my great big monitors have waiting for you..." Just SEVEN more days and the party begins....

Ah-hahahahahahahahahaha!

(Climbing back on my broom and flying away... Oh wait.... wrong holiday... Climbing back into my sleigh and jingling off into the night....)

(Wringing my hands together and laughing evilly...)

"Oh my pretties... Just wait to see what me and my little dog (oh, wait... I don't have a little dog anymore)... Eh-hummm, I mean, me and my great big monitors have waiting for you..." Just SEVEN more days and the party begins....

Ah-hahahahahahahahahaha!

(Climbing back on my broom and flying away... Oh wait.... wrong holiday... Climbing back into my sleigh and jingling off into the night....)

OK I'm scared again. I was looking forward to searching through boutiques and message boards. Now I am not so sure. Help PLEEEAAASSSEEE!!!

I'm one who spent much of last Christmas in the boutique searching for tree items. :D And I was having so much fun. Too bad I didn't spend much (any) time on the message board and didn't see Ro's little corrections. Would have saved me a lot of confusion. (That's what I get for going back and looking through them this week.)

Obviously need the support group.

So do we need to hold a candlelight vigil for the 13th of December? Perhaps the tree will be unveiled on that day (that's better than the 20th). That's a Thursday. Maybe I can get the day off. I might need it. ;)

~Zaz

Archived