Save For Web...

daisies803

I manually resize mine and save it as an appropriately sized .jpg for posting to the gallery. The problem with the short cut of "Save for Web" is that if you have information, like products used, under File>File Info, it will not show up under the Details tab in the gallery.

I use the save for web function, and I like it. I've heard of some people having problems with it, but it's always woked fine for me. I click "save for web" and then continue past the "size exceeds.....blah blah" warning, reset to 600x600 pixels and 60-72 dpi and save it with the same name and add _Web. I usually use the copy and paste for file info.

• 1 month later...

I know this thread is a bit old, but I have a question upon reading it ...

Am I to understand that if I save my .psd files as a jpg under Save As, all my file info will AUTOMATICALLY be in there (or do I at some point have to actually type it in there??).

TIA!

When you create a LO, click on "file info" in the file drop down menu, and type in the digital items that you used. After exiting that dialog box, click save and you can reference it or add/delete to it if you edit. When you go on to "save as" another file type, it should save too. If you open the .jpeg in PSE go to the same file info and it should be listed. But you do have to type it in at some point in time.

Archived