Text On A Path In Psp?

Guest DeeZee

Guest DeeZee
It's my next mission to learn how to put text on a path in PSP9. Can anyone recommend a tutorial?

Guest DeeZee
Hmm, guess I'm on my own on this one :-) I did figure it out a bit, but still not great at manipulating to get what I want...

Guest jlf_loves_mjf
I'm sorry I didn't reply earlier. I run Photoshop so I didn't want to get your hopes up seeing a reply with no real content. Most everything I've learned I have learned by playing with the software and looking in the software's help section.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Okay, silly me seems to have figured out that there is some very useful lessons included in my Paintshop Pro 8. There is a tutorial within it that walks through step after step, which also offers to do certain steps for you, to reach the goal of text on a path. If you click in paint shop pro 8 on "Help" then click on "Learning Center" and then click on the "Graphics Projects" it will drop down and there you will see where it says "Add Text on a Path-An Example." Clicking on that will tell you how to do text on a path in Paintshop Pro 8. After clicking on "Add Text On A Path-An Example" if you scroll all the way down to the bottom there is also a place where it says "View A Movie About This Topic" Which will also take you through it step by step, allowing you to pause etc. so that you may follow along as you create your text on a path. Hope this is what you were looking for. The only way I did it before this was via the Warp tool. Sorry it has taken me such a time to add this here, I found this out the other night and totally spaced sharing it here. :) Hope it helps someone, :). There is also some other great tutorials in the "Learning Center" of paintshop pro 8. :)

Here's a bunch of tuts on it, not sure what version you're on so just sending the big link.

I use the preset shape tool to draw a shape (must be a vector) then simply hold the text tool over the edge of it and when this semi-circle thing shows up under it, click. Then type your text and it will wrap around whatever shape you drew automatically. Then delete the shape.
Lori

[url="http://www.google.com/search?q=psp+text+on+a+path&sourceid=mozilla-search&start=0&start=0&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official"]http://www.google.com/search?q=psp+text+on...:en-US:official[/url]

Archived