4 replies to this topic

#1 Wxchic

Wxchic

Fit and Fabulous!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,440 posts

Posted 10 July 2005 - 07:19 AM

I have a Sony F717 with the Carl Zeiss zoom lens on it. It is a wonderful camera but it is big and bulky for just running to the store or the dock to fish. I'm looking to buy a small or compact digital camera to keep in my pocket or purse. Any recommendations? Price isn't too much of an option, but I'd like to keep it below $250.

TIA!

Theresa

"Now and then it is good to pause in our pursuit of happiness and just be happy."

#2 dinny

dinny

Scrap Girl Messageboard Wise One

• Members
  • 3,618 posts

Posted 10 July 2005 - 09:37 AM

Theresa, I know what you mean! I saw a dad at a fair w/ a camera about the size of a credit card and was jealous.

I don't have any suggestions, but check out dpreview it's the best site out there for digital photography information. You can compare cameras and get honest reviews.

Let us know when you get your new camera!
Dinny

#3 angleigh

angleigh

Customer Service Extraordinare

• Design Team
  • 5,746 posts

Posted 10 July 2005 - 12:11 PM

Theresa...before I got my Kodak I had a Nikon Coolpix 3100. I loved it and got excellent pictures from it. It's small enough to go in your purse or pocket.

#4 jlf_loves_mjf

jlf_loves_mjf

Scrap Girl Scrapper Devotee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,715 posts

Posted 10 July 2005 - 10:09 PM

I've got the Nikon CoolPix 880 as a wedding gift from my parents five years ago. Great point and click functionality with the ability to select scenes (Party, back-light, night landscape, beach, etc.). It's 3.something MP. I'd like something with higher resolution and would probably stay with the CoolPix line. Who am I kidding? I am a Nikon girl, born and raised, so my review might be a "little" biased.

#5 Wxchic

Wxchic

Fit and Fabulous!

• Members
  • 9,440 posts

Posted 12 July 2005 - 07:20 AM

Well, we got the Nikon CoolPix 5900 last night! It looks really nice. I'll let you know what I think of it after I play with it today. It comes with a free class from a local Camera store...(YEAH~) Can't wait! And he got me a 1gb mem card for it...I'm all set! Thanks for all your help ladies...I know I can always rely on you fer help!

Theresa

"Now and then it is good to pause in our pursuit of happiness and just be happy."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users