11 replies to this topic

#1 Priscilla9901

Priscilla9901

Hot Scrapper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 764 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 01:25 PM

Do you like all white, or multi-colored lights for your decorations?

Indoors and out?

I love the look of all clear lights, but for my tree I have to have multi-colored lights, that is just something about it.

I have tried the prelit trees and they just don't seem to cut it...one bulb goes out and you play havoc trying to figure out which bulb(s) to replace.

My husband just replaced our outside lights this year from clear bulbs to colored....and I am thinking I may be changing my preference...

What about all of you?

Attached Files

Priscilla
Posted Image Posted ImageX4 Posted Image
I use: Kodak EasyShare Z712IS/Nikon D40 and PSP X12

My Scrap Girl's Layout Gallery

#2 Vaughnde

Vaughnde

Quietly Crochetin' and Scrappin'

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,085 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 03:13 PM

Nice looking house Priscilla. No lights for me. I have one to plug in to show in the window upstairs that is all. I gave up decorating years ago and do not have the room for all the Christmas stuff. The only thing I have out is a plastic canvas nativity that I bought last year.
Vaughnde
Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

My SG Gallery My Blog I scrap with PSPX1

#3 April Showers

April Showers

Boutique Diva

• Admin
  • 42,220 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 03:23 PM

Colored lights on the tree, white lights on the banister, mantles and the garland over the entertainment center. Outside, white swag lights on the house and lots of different colors on the landscaping lights. Had several strings not work this year, so it isn't quite as elaborate as last year. Or maybe that is because dh did them instead of me. :D

gallery_5375_358_11104.pngMy Gallery I scrap with Photoshop CS6.

Scrap10-Blinkie.gif

SGblinkie.gifButton_Layout.pngSG-10thAnniversary-Blinkie.gifButton_Welcome_Mgr.pngBLINKIES_MOM-Past.gif

#4 angelaNussbaum

angelaNussbaum

A strange pixy monkey NUT

• Members
  • 12,389 posts
  • Personal Statement:Im a nut, what can i say? I love making ppl happy!

Posted 20 December 2007 - 03:25 PM

umm.. i have lights up, but they so dont count. Girls wanted them, so i dug out all the strands we had in the shed and just put them up. There are so many different colors, styles... its a mess. But they love it. I'll get a picture tonight if i can.

angela

#5 MaryJo

MaryJo

A Scrap Girl and Lovin' it!!

• Members
  • 7,722 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 03:33 PM

Well the house is really pretty, but I'm with Vaughnde gave up on decorating the outside years ago. But, for the inside of the house we use the tiny white lights on the tree and on the garland for the fireplace and the bannister garland. However, I didn't do lights on the garland this year, I wanted a very soft and victorian look... But, I give you loads of credit for having the stamina to do the outside !!!! Must be I'm getting boring in my old age. I'll be 50 on Jan. 3rd. !!!! Woo Hoo !!! I can't wait and I mean that !
Posted ImagePosted Image

#6 Shari PV Mom

Shari PV Mom

Inspired by everything Scrap Girls!!!

• Members
  • 11,454 posts
  • Personal Statement:Today is your day! Your mountain is waiting so get on your way! ~ Dr. Seuss

Posted 20 December 2007 - 05:00 PM

Our tree is pre-lit with white lights and I have white lights on the garlands and under the "snow" in the village on the piano. There is one strand of colored lights under the "snow" where the nativity scene is set up.

Now the outside lights is a funny story. This year it's pretty nice. Mostly red lights along the roofline of the house and dh put up one large green flanked by two small white "trees" in the entry arch to the front door. We don't have any landscaping yet so there aren't any lights any further into the yard. The funny part of the story is the fact that I have decent outside lights at all. For as long as we've been married I've begged dh to put up lights. One year we had pretty nice white lights up but that was really his brother's doing. (Keep in mind we've been married for 13 years. All the years that I don't mention there were no lights at all.) One year we had lights all across the roofline of the house - 3 strands. 1 strand was perfect colored lights. The next strand in line was also colored lights but none of the red ones lit up. The last strand didn't light up at all. DH left them like that the whole season (and turned them on every night!) Last year (our first in our new house) DH put white icicle lights up along the garage peak, in front of the garage and in front of the playroom and along most of the entry peak. Then he got tired and stopped there. He never went back to it so that's how they stayed the whole season! And of course he turned them on! We were the lamest people in the neighborhood!
Posted Image Posted Image

#7 CRS

CRS

Scrappin' with CS5

• Welcoming Committee
  • 30,064 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 05:06 PM

How pretty your house looks! I have the multi-colored lights outside on the gutter across the porch and some of the shrubs, but I have white lights on my tree. I bought the pre-lit tree and love it. We did white so that if we change our minds, we can add colored lights some day. Oh, I have white lights in two of the windows, too, and the tree is in the third window across the front of our house. I tried to take pictures last year but they just came out all blurry, even with a tripod.

#8 PBarnes

PBarnes

Scrap Girl Messageboard Wise One

• Members
  • 22,301 posts
  • Personal Statement:Digitally Addicted!

Posted 20 December 2007 - 05:27 PM

I definitely prefer multi-colored lights. We have a string of the large bulbs across the roof line of our porch. We have net mini lights on the yew bushes in front of the porch and one of those white wire trees with mini lights on the lawn next to the yews. Our Christmas tree has multi-colored mini lights.

#9 scrap_horse

scrap_horse

Good Scrapper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 21 December 2007 - 12:33 PM

I like both, though I think I'm partial to the bright glow of clear lights. We have colored lights on our little tree, goes well with our assorted ornaments. We have white (clear) icicle lights along our gutters in front, with a line of larger clear blue bulbs along the top of them. I always wanted to do the string of blue along the top, so it was a nice surprise this year! We had bought them on sale after Christmas last year, and I'd since forgotten. :D

#10 Canyon Momma

Canyon Momma

Hot Scrapper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 867 posts

Posted 21 December 2007 - 02:22 PM

I love Christmas lights! Our whole little town goes all out. We like to be different so our outside lights are all blue. They go across both sides of the fence and partially down the driveway and then icicle lights on the house. It looks pretty cool glowing in a pretty blue. We also have a blue star hanging high in the yard with a long tail all in blue. Then our tree is white lights that you can see in the window.
We saw the coolest lights the other night in a nearby town. Someone had covered an old tractor and a hay wagon. It looked great.
We used to own a store in a mall that is an hour away from our home. At Christmas we had to work long hours and then have the long drive home. You wouldn't believe how much it would cheer me up to see everyone's lights. I was so thankful for them.
Tracy

My Gallery

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#11 goofyemt96

goofyemt96

I don't need spellcheck i need a new hand!

• Members
  • 17,537 posts

Posted 22 December 2007 - 12:27 AM

I love yoru lights!! There great!!!

I love a well lighted house..We are actually going tommorow night and looking around the streets!!...I wanted to decorate all out this year with the lights and stuff. I didn't even manage to get my Blow ups out...So mad.....Maybe tommorow....My DD loves them..She is so excited!! I can't wait!!!
Posted Image

Save the money!!
My Gallery Spread the Love

A good cheerleader is not measured by the height of her jumps but by the span of her spirit. ~Author Unknown

#12 Priscilla9901

Priscilla9901

Hot Scrapper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 764 posts

Posted 22 December 2007 - 12:49 PM

WOW...What a great response....i would love to see pics <Great scrapping opportunity here>...of your lights should you care to share.

I guess I will go with I like BOTH... The colored lights have grown on me this year.

Priscilla
Posted Image Posted ImageX4 Posted Image
I use: Kodak EasyShare Z712IS/Nikon D40 and PSP X12

My Scrap Girl's Layout Gallery

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users