The Tree Of Doom Is Back!

debilou

Did you see the newsletter this morning, the tree, the infamous tree is back. Lucky for us, they did make it a little easier with some hints. And, by now, we should know the entire boutique with all of the contest tasks, stars, and songs! But, the Tree is Back, The Tree is Back! Is this a SG Christmas Carol!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't have the guts in July either. I'm hoping the kids cooperate today and let me play. DH have 11 days in row off starting tomorrow and he has lots planned for me. Organizing closets/playroom/office. He's going to make me crazy I tell you!

I'm up for the challenge, just waiting for the sun to move off my monitor! (how's that for an excuse?)

BTW, did anyone notice the name of the file for the tree? It's "SG_12DaysChristmas2007_TOD_600.jpg". They even put TOD there!!!

See y'all later. Good luck!

So thats the tree of doom I have been hearing so much about. It does look scary. I spent so much time with the stars and didn't find them all, my eyes are still sore from that one. But I'll be brave and try squeeze some time the tree of doom!

argh...my dh is a landscaper and season is ending...he will be underfoot all the time wanting attention...will try to conquer the great and mighty TOD this weekend!!!! Let's make sure someone is always manning the support group thread with advil and chocolate! :grr: I'm determined...it's not going to beat me!... :mikec: ready or not, here i come!

I have a question ... this is my first time doing this tree. Do paper templates count as paper? I am stuck on two ... hmmmm ... off to the elements! B)

No paper templates on this one :) All straight-forward papers as you'd find them in collections or paper biggies :)

Well, I have over half of the dreaded TOD elements. Now off to the hard ones. And, thank you SG from changing the deadline from Christmas DAY to the 31st. What were you guys thinking - like we didn't have a life or something. But, now I have much more time to not panic and search some more. Now where do I send DH today, I'm running out of ideas. And, I've bought his Christmas presents, guess I should wrap them sometime before Christmas day. He literally has nothing under the tree. Poor baby.

We did get gifts from friends kids but can't put under the tree (long story), but he has nothing in his stocking or tree. I told him he was naughty not nice and he'll just get coal.

So, DH let me open a present

AND, IT WAS A WACOM INTUOS TABLET WOW! NOW I REALLY FEEL BAD. I HAVE TO GET HIS PRESENTS UNDER THE TREE SOON.

I LOVE MY TABLET. IT's SO COOOLLLLL!!!! Throw the Mouse away! I love the pen. I haven't tried the brushes hooked up to photoshop yet. Didn't want to slow down my LO yesterday.

DH IS SO COOL! I'll KEEP HIM! :dancingelephant::dancingelephant:

Congrats on the cool present!

Go to circuit city, you can always find something for him :)

For my dh i am stuffing his stocking with jerky, and gum (his two favorites. hehel) and i went to radio shack to get those transfomer remote control cars for 9.99, and im stuffing 2 in his stocking.

As for the date change, isnt that fantastic? I was wondering how my chirstmas day was going to go! hehehe... Thanks Ro, we love ya!

angela

drum roll please ............... TADAHHHHHH! I have beaten the TREE OF DOOM!!!! (happy dance) Yeahaw!!!!!!! I can't believe it! I was dreading this thing like crazy .... and I found the last embellie at 2 this morning! Whahoo! My little one went to his Dad's for the weekend, so I was able to tackle this one without interruption ... There is only one I'm not sure about, but all the rest I think I got right! Boy, after the Star Hunt, which I could not finish :( , I thought this one would leave me in the dust too, but this was so much fun ... and now I have a new list of things I want to buy .... AND TODAY'S MY BIRTHDAY! Time to spend my SG birthday present!!!

Thanks Ang for the TOD and to the entire Scrap Girls gang for my birthday gift certificate!

Now, I need to get to work on Task 10 and I will be completely caught up!

I haven't even attempted this yet....I am obsessive compulsive and won't be able to put it down until I am done....DH even took a look and said he couldn't figure out the first one...LOL.

Not so sure I will get this one done....but when I am done cleaning...I might take a WHACK at it.

<deep sigh>

YEA!!!!!

I just noticed the deadline change!!! I'm over here in South Dakota with a slow internet connection and very little time. I was lamenting that I wasn't going to get the chance to play with the TOD. NOW I CAN!!! Can't wait!!!

Have to go finish up a last couple of gifts now. Thanks whoever changed the date. I think Santa will fill your stocking with chocolate now!!!

~Zaz

Well, I finished the embellishment part of the TOD, and 3 papers. But I think the papers are always the hard part. And, since I haven't sent in my answers I don't know if they are all the correct answers, all though I caught myself on a few already. So, I'm pretty sure on all but one.

Now on to those papers 11 more to go. And, I'll be caught up on my tasks.

It was fun being able to notice some of the items right away ... and others were well hidden. I realized I had to look in EVERY package even when I didn't think it had what I was looking for because SURPRISE, there it was! So, a little tip for those of you still searching ... if you glance at a kit and you think "oh, it won't be in that one" when you open it up to a larger view .... SURPRISE! It will be staring right at you! Have fun and good luck!

:penguins::penguins:

It was fun being able to notice some of the items right away ... and others were well hidden. I realized I had to look in EVERY package even when I didn't think it had what I was looking for because SURPRISE, there it was! So, a little tip for those of you still searching ... if you glance at a kit and you think "oh, it won't be in that one" when you open it up to a larger view .... SURPRISE! It will be staring right at you! Have fun and good luck!

:penguins::penguins:

That's a great tip :) Some of them come from kits that you wouldn't think would contribute well to a Christmas tree hehehe.

The more product you buy and the more time you spend in the boutique on a regular basis, the easier is gets. ;)

When I was doing the TOD, I wanted to buy a lot of the products just so I could really see If

1. It was really the product on the tree and

2. There are so many cool Products that I don't have and I want so bad!

It was hard to control my spending this close to Christmas, arrgghhh.

I did put some items in my basket for the next sale, Ro - did you hear me.....

Archived