Card Swaps

Guest TurtleLady

Guest TurtleLady
I already have started on my holiday cards. I would like to swap at least 10 at a time, especially with postage. Bubble envelopes are best mailing and sending at book rates. I would rather send quit a few than one at a time. That can get expensive.
Add your input, please.

Guest TurtleLady
I have never done digitial either. These would be paper. Also, they would all be different cards. This will give us some great new cards to have!!!

Let me clear that up. If we have 5 swappers, we would make 50 cards, 10 to each swapper. You would make 5 of one design, 10 different designs to each swapper. Make sense?

I know this sounds like alot of cards but I find once I get on a roll making them, I just keep going. That is why I say I have already started holiday cards now. I have 3 different designs finished and 30 of each. That way I will have alot of one design already made up for different swaps with other groups. My other swaps are in person. With us mailing to each other, I just thought that would help on postage. If you feel that is too many, please say so. We are all learning. I know not everyone is a homemaker also. Having a job and or children takes your time also. I am 53 and have a granddaughter that stays with us often but I do have alot of time on my hands.

I will check with the "leader" of the forums to see how we need to get started. Sound good?

[quote name='Annie' date='Jul 17 2005, 10:31 PM']I would love to do this.  Have done paper card swaps but never digital. 

Annie
[right][post="20913"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Guest Annie
50? WOW - that is alot. Most I have ever done is 1 for each person. What kind of time frame are we looking at? That would determine if I could do that many. I could probably manage to get 5 per person done.

Annie

Guest TurtleLady
I am waiting for a reply from the board person. I don't want to do something without permission.

The time frame would be from now till at least just before Thanksgiving. I like to get my cards I am going to mail to friends and family out at Thanksgiving.

The least I would want to do per person is 5 each. If we are going to swap just one card, then we can start a Christmas card exchange list.

[quote name='Annie' date='Jul 19 2005, 06:37 PM']50?  WOW - that is alot.  Most I have ever done is 1 for each person.  What kind of time frame are we looking at?  That would determine if I could do that many.  I could probably manage to get 5 per person done. 

Annie
[right][post="21006"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

• 2 weeks later...
Guest NikiNM
Hi, I would be interested as well. I just joined this board, but have been making cards for about 9 years. I'm not sure I got the math right...
From the example:
There are 5 swappers
Each swapper has 2 designs (design1 and design2)
Each swapper makes 5 of each design (10 cards total)
Sends 2 cards to each swapper ....
So that means each person has 10 different cards inclusive of their own?

Maybe I need remedial math :blondmoment:

[quote name='TurtleLady' date='Jul 20 2005, 07:42 AM']I am waiting for a reply from the board person. I don't want to do something without permission.

The time frame would  be from now till at least just before Thanksgiving. I like to get my cards I am going to mail to friends and family out at Thanksgiving.

The least I would want to do per person is 5 each. If we are going to swap just one card, then we  can start a Christmas card exchange list.

[quote name='Annie' date='Jul 19 2005, 06:37 PM']50?  WOW - that is alot.  Most I have ever done is 1 for each person.  What kind of time frame are we looking at?  That would determine if I could do that many.  I could probably manage to get 5 per person done.  

Annie
[right][post="21006"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]
[right][post="21062"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
[/quote]

Archived