Need Some Curled Edge Instructions...

Guest obsessedcropper

Guest obsessedcropper

For some reason or another I neglected to copy the instructions for the curled edges. I see all these pieces, but am totally clueless as to what to do with them and how to warp the picture onto them. I understand I can't download after a month, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

I also downloaded Lifted Journaling and did the same thing. Can anyone help me please?

Thanks.

I haven't played with the Lifted Journaling kit, so I don't know if I can help you there, but I love using Curled Edges.

They are really easy. I am using PSE, so if you're using something else, some of these instructions might be different.

Drag the curl onto your layout and position it on the page. Then select the magic wand tool. Make sure that "contiguous" is checked. With the curl layer active, click on one side of the curl. This will select everything on that side of the curl. Then, select the paper layer that you want "curled." Press delete, and all of the paper on that side of the curl will be deleted.

Once you've got the paper deleted, you can recolor the curl by using the Hue/Saturation window. It's hard to make the curls look like they have a pattern on them because if you use something like a clipping mask, you lose all of the details of the curl. You could try blending modes, especially Overlay or Screen, but it will depend on the pattern and on the look you are going for.

Here's a couple examples of layouts that I did using curled edges. Newborn Baby and Sticky Sunday

HTH! Post again if something I've written doesn't make sense.

Do you mean the curled edges, or these: ScrapSimple Embellishment Templates: Photo Folds 1. I'm thinkinig you might mean the latter, since you mention the photo warping on to it. If so, they are done differently. I'm myself am not familiar with them, but there are others who will come along and help out if that is the product you need help for. :)

Guest obsessedcropper

Actually I think there are 3 of them that I need help with now that you all have brought up these other products. The first one is:

http://208.96.34.132/store_images/Jan_Hick...es_MKTG_600.jpg

Another is:

http://208.96.34.132/store_images/Melissa_...al_MKTG_600.jpg

and then there is:

http://208.96.34.132/store_images/Melissa_...to_MKTG_600.jpg

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Mary

Hi Mary,

I don't know what program you are using, but I use PSE5 and for the lifted photos, here's some feedback:

In the layers palette, make sure your photo is placed above the black piece of the template that you want your photo to shape to. In the workspace, manipulate the photo to lay over that piece of the template. When you have it where you want it, you can do a clipping mask. Activate the photo layer in the layers palette, then hit control + G, and the photo should take the shape of the template below it. If you like it, you can merge (right click photo layer, merge down), or undo if you need to make adjustments.

Hopefully that helps, I do not have that particular set, but use the technique often. As for the papers, I am unsure, as I have the "scruffy" paper templates that I have not gotten to work yet.

Happy Scrappin'!

Archived