How Do I Post My Layouts?

Guest rjmommie

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest rjmommie

Well I figured out how to do it. DUH. Can someone tell me what is the best image size to use when uploading?

sometimes those buttons ARE hard to find. I know I had trouble the first time!!

best image size... make sure the file is 72 dpi, and 600x600 px is pretty good to use.

can't wait to see you're posts!!

• 2 weeks later...
Did you get one uploaded?  I can't wait to see it!

I am having trouble posting too!! Tried twice and page is 500 x 500.

I don't know where they are floating - also don't want to cause a problem.

Help!

Followed the instructions - was able to bring in the layout - was able to click

on post.........it was going some where...............I was in the area to post

from the digital class.

I was so excited to do my first post layout - sorry to ask for help...but it

was either ask or don't post............Thanks for your patience with the newbie!!!

Butterfly :blondmoment:

Guest jlf_loves_mjf

Butterfly,

The pixel size is 500x500, but what is the file size? I'm not sure what the upper limit is but there is usually a file size problem when the gallery refuses to take it.

And don't feel silly asking questions...that's what we're here for!

Butterfly,

The pixel size is 500x500, but what is the file size?  I'm not sure what the upper limit is but there is usually a file size problem when the gallery refuses to take it. 

And don't feel silly asking questions...that's what we're here for!

Thank you for your help. If the file size is a dpi, then mine is 96.

If this has to be lowered, how do I do that?

Also do you put it in jpeg to post or doesn't it matter?

butterfly :blondmoment:

Guest jlf_loves_mjf

I save as a JPG.

The file size is not the dpi. After you save the file, you look at the file outsize of your software that you use to scrap and see how many KB you're taking up. A layout that is at 96 dpi, 500x500 pixels, and has the jpg compress rate set to 10-12 could be 300 KB in size. The standard file size should save your layouts at to share on forums should be around 100KB give or take a little.

Try decreasing the jpg compression to 8 or so when you save your layout.

I save as a JPG.

The file size is not the dpi.  After you save the file, you look at the file outsize of your software that you use to scrap and see how many KB you're taking up.  A layout that is at 96 dpi, 500x500 pixels, and has the jpg compress rate set to 10-12 could be 300 KB in size.  The standard file size should save your layouts at to share on forums should be around 100KB give or take a little.

:blondmoment: It's me again!!!??

This is what I have in jpeg all finished

3600 pixels

144 dpi

24 BIT

3.03 MB

Okay if I need to change any of this could you please instruct me?

As always = thank you thank you thank you

Butterfly

Guest wings

Here is how I save files for uploading. I’m saving 12” x 12” files and I’m using Photoshop Elements 3.0.

1. First, make sure you have saved your file! (Just a precaution.)

2. Change the image size to 500x500 pixels with a dpi of 72 (Go to Image ->

Resize -> Image Size. In the dialog box, under “Pixel Resolution”, change

both Width & Height to 500. Under “Document Size”, change Pixel Resolution

to 72. Click on OK.)

3. Save a copy of the file as jpeg. (Go to File -> Save as, and in the Format

pulldown box, choose jpeg. Click on Save.)

4. When the JPEG options dialog comes up, look at the size down at the very

bottom. It probably needs to be under 100K. If you need to make your file

smaller, go to the Image Options part of the box and move the slider closer

to “small file” . The file size will change as you move the slider. Once you get a

size you’re happy with, click on OK.)

5. This should give you an “uploadable” file.

I think that if I wanted to upload an 8 ½” x 11” page, the dimensions I would use in step 2 are 500 x 647 pixels.

Hope this works for you.

Guest jlf_loves_mjf

Butterfly, your file is WAY too big. A layout to upload should be around 100 KB. Your file size is 30 times that size.

Pam, your directions are wonderful!

Butterfly, if you're using Photoshop Elements, Pam's directions should do the trick. If you're not using Photoshop Elements, please let us know what program you are using so we can get you some directions that are specific to you.

Butterfly, your file is WAY too big.  A layout to upload should be around 100 KB.  Your file size is 30 times that size.

Pam, your directions are wonderful!

Butterfly, if you're using Photoshop Elements, Pam's directions should do the trick.  If you're not using Photoshop Elements, please let us know what program you are using so we can get you some directions that are specific to you.

Thank you both!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was able to upload my first layout :breakdance:

Right now I am using Picture It and am very comfortable with this program. I have been using it for years. I have PE and need to download it . One thing at a time.

This site is awesome...and thanks to all of you I am learning so much!

I am pretty creative-but this is a new level I have not tried-everything I do is usually my own ideas in picture it and am pleased. The easy layouts are wonderful! They are a great foundation. Because this one is about my father,

I already have family saying "I want one!". My dad hasn't seen it yet I am going to frame one for him. He enjoyed the trip to Washington D.C. - talking with other

veterans and even received some "thank you's" from visitors.

A nice rememberance for my dad, my husband and myself.

again!!

thank you thank you thank you

butterfly

• 10 months later...
I save as a JPG.

The file size is not the dpi.  After you save the file, you look at the file outsize of your software that you use to scrap and see how many KB you're taking up.  A layout that is at 96 dpi, 500x500 pixels, and has the jpg compress rate set to 10-12 could be 300 KB in size.  The standard file size should save your layouts at to share on forums should be around 100KB give or take a little.

:blondmoment: It's me again!!!??

This is what I have in jpeg all finished

3600 pixels

144 dpi

24 BIT

3.03 MB

Okay if I need to change any of this could you please instruct me?

As always = thank you thank you thank you

Butterfly

thanks for the directions on that i made alot of pages in my new stages of doing this but deleated them all in my pc 1st cuz i was shy to post & shy to ask how but thanks for the info :o) :blondmoment:

• 2 weeks later...
OK - I'm lost - where do you find the button or option to post a layout?

Hi Krista!

Go to the Gallery section (link at the top of every page). In the Gallery section, if you scroll towards the middle (past the most recent uploads), you will see several categories that you can post your layout to, such as "Family, Kids, and Pets" and "All About Your Life." Click on the category that best suits your layout. Once there, you'll see a row of buttons in the top right hand corner; choose "New Image." From there, just follow the easy directions to post your layout.

Hope this helps! Looking forward to seeing your personal masterpieces in the gallery! :2468who-do-we-appreciate:

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

OMG I must be so thick headed! I think I just uploaded my first LO (but I think it looks kinda compressed - 600x600 kb, 124 kb) - but I could only upload in a category and not just in the members section? Is that so?

And also..how do I figure out where to find "my photos" aka my gallery link?

Thanks!

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This helped me so much! I've been trying for days to get my LO posted for the last Quote Challenge. I was sure the problem had to be me since I just got a swifty new computer and no one else seemed to be having problems uploading. I finally woke up and started looking for a thread that might help me and this one did. The directions were perfect and now I'm uploading like a pro. THANK YOU!!!

• 6 months later...
OK - I'm lost - where do you find the button or option to post a layout?

Hi Krista!

Go to the Gallery section (link at the top of every page). In the Gallery section, if you scroll towards the middle (past the most recent uploads), you will see several categories that you can post your layout to, such as "Family, Kids, and Pets" and "All About Your Life." Click on the category that best suits your layout. Once there, you'll see a row of buttons in the top right hand corner; choose "New Image." From there, just follow the easy directions to post your layout.

Hope this helps! Looking forward to seeing your personal masterpieces in the gallery! :2468who-do-we-appreciate:

Hi,

I have followed your above directions..........but........I go to Gallery and when I scroll down I dont see the catagories you mention, it ends with the last 5 layouts. What am I doing wrong. I have a layout I want to post and ask a question about, a problem I had with skin color in 1 person in the photo...........Thanks Carol

• 2 months later...
Guest cathyok

Okay, I need help....guess I'm just really dense today, plus I have not uploaded in a while.....

Where do I go to upload my layout for Zaz and Janae? What is the button?

Thanks for your help!

• 3 weeks later...

For anyone still having trouble uploading an image or creating a personal album, I started a new thread with an ugly but effective tutorial.

It can be found here: http://scrapgirls.com.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=20042

For those who helped, I'm sorry I couldn't follow you...believe me, it's me not you. And thanks so much for trying. You have helped more than you know.

O.K, I am at my WITS END!!!!! I have posted before but for the life of me I cannot find the button. I followed all of your instructions and the only button that is listed is "Create a New Album". I could have sworn there were 2 or more buttons there but currently I only see one. I am logged in, so that is not the problem. I tried uploading from my album page (small link on the bottom) and all it did was post my layout to the album "cover". I have gone to the gallery I wish to post, in fact I have gone to every gallery out there looking for the button but only find the "Create a new album" button.

Someone please help me before I "Snap"

O.K, I am at my WITS END!!!!! I have posted before but for the life of me I cannot find the button. I followed all of your instructions and the only button that is listed is "Create a New Album". I could have sworn there were 2 or more buttons there but currently I only see one. I am logged in, so that is not the problem. I tried uploading from my album page (small link on the bottom) and all it did was post my layout to the album "cover". I have gone to the gallery I wish to post, in fact I have gone to every gallery out there looking for the button but only find the "Create a new album" button.

Someone please help me before I "Snap"

Thier are several subcategories in each main gallery.

You must choose a sub category to post in first.

You should see a new image button.

You click on new image button.

You write the text description for your layout.

You include what Scrap Girls Products you used.

You then see a upload button for uploading your image.

• 2 weeks later...

Is there a way to post into my Member's Gallery then link to other areas in the gallery such as a challenge, family, or club gallery? So far I have posted my LOs to an album inside my Member's Gallery. Do I need to post them separately to put them into a different area of the gallery? Is my question clear as mud? :newbie:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest physioscrapper

I'm obviously missing something, that I've done before, but for the life of me, I can't figure out what I've done differently.

I am posting a LO....I clicked New Image, and everything comes up right...I put in the caption name, I type the description/credits in the white box, I upload my picture file from my computer, then press whatever the bottom button is to upload to gallery....the picture takes but not the description. At first I thought maybe my image was too large, but its under the 125 limit.....do I not have something activated so it will take the description? I wrote the credits under the comment section since I can't figure this out...but I'd really like to know what I'm missing. Your help please! I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong....

Archived