How Do I Post My Layouts?

Guest rjmommie

I'm obviously missing something, that I've done before, but for the life of me, I can't figure out what I've done differently.

I am posting a LO....I clicked New Image, and everything comes up right...I put in the caption name, I type the description/credits in the white box, I upload my picture file from my computer, then press whatever the bottom button is to upload to gallery....the picture takes but not the description. At first I thought maybe my image was too large, but its under the 125 limit.....do I not have something activated so it will take the description? I wrote the credits under the comment section since I can't figure this out...but I'd really like to know what I'm missing. Your help please! I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong....

I had the same problem and found the solution by going to MyControls / Options / Edit Posts to MB or something like that. The page that pops up has an option at the bottom of the type of Editor you use. For some reason mine had changed, and I had to change it back to Standard Editor. That fixed it.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest physioscrapper

Thanks so much for this info...yes, I had changed mine because I use IE 7 and Firefox....but obviously Standard Editor is the way to go! I really appreciate your help as I was going crazy trying to figure out what I was doing wrong!

• 2 weeks later...

I've been trying to upload some of my layouts using ACDSee software after I'v saved the file as jpeg. They won't go through. I've even saved them as PNG and they won't go through. I even made the image smaller, and it won't go through.

I've successfully loaded these same files to other sites and have successfully loaded other items to my gallery on this site.

I would appreciate any suggestions. The last time I tried I received a message to contact the systems administrator.

• 1 month later...

I just posted a LO for one of the classes following instructions given above and my LO (originally 8.5x11) came across as a small picture and you can't enlarge it by clicking on it. This is my first ever post and I'm obviously doing something wrong. I'm using PSCS3. Saved LO as .jpg 500x647, 72ppi. I appreciate any help offered. Thanks. :unsure:

Guest miss bumble

Is there a turtorial on uploading your 1st layout It's a topic I know has been on here before, also does it explain how to give credit.

How does one put a link into a thread to your layout.

1 more question, how do I save a thread that has info you would like to keep, other than copy & paste into word.

Chris xxxx

Is there a turtorial on uploading your 1st layout It's a topic I know has been on here before, also does it explain how to give credit.

How does one put a link into a thread to your layout.

1 more question, how do I save a thread that has info you would like to keep, other than copy & paste into word.

Chris xxxx

You save 1 copy at 300 for print.

You open your image,change resolution to 72

and resize the layout to smaller size.

You save this second copy for web only.

You save this copy as filename-web.jpg.

You go the members gallery and choose a Main Category.

You choose a Sub category.

You click on new image.

You put your products used credits info in the text description box.

I write down the products used in notepad when creating my Lo.

I save that file with my lo.

I then just copy&paste the credits into my post.

You put your title in the capition box.

You scroll down and hit upload file button.

You upload your image.

When you upload to main members gallery your lo appears under your personal albums.

You can also upload to your

After you upload the layout it gives you a few links.

The upload image link goes to image file url only and no description,no credits.

The gallery page link goes to page url that shows your title,text description and image.

I copy this url to note pad.

To post a link in post topic thread you click on icon with green plus sign next to smiles icon.

When the url box appears I delete the http: and copy my complete url from

notepad and paste in my post.

You click on okay and a text description box appears and you put your

link text in.

When you finished your post you hit the add reply or post button.

Many also include a link to thier gallery in thier Sig.

Under my Controls you find a section for your Sig.

Most have agraphic form.

Most use some type of graphic with thier name in thier Sig.

They make thier sig using thier graphic software.

Guest miss bumble

Thank you Pamela for just a quick reply. I have printed it out for future reference, I hope to try it out at the weekend LOL Chris x

• 3 months later...
O.K, I am at my WITS END!!!!! I have posted before but for the life of me I cannot find the button. I followed all of your instructions and the only button that is listed is "Create a New Album". I could have sworn there were 2 or more buttons there but currently I only see one. I am logged in, so that is not the problem. I tried uploading from my album page (small link on the bottom) and all it did was post my layout to the album "cover". I have gone to the gallery I wish to post, in fact I have gone to every gallery out there looking for the button but only find the "Create a new album" button.

Someone please help me before I "Snap"

Thier are several subcategories in each main gallery.

You must choose a sub category to post in first.

You should see a new image button.

You click on new image button.

You write the text description for your layout.

You include what Scrap Girls Products you used.

You then see a upload button for uploading your image.

I have the same problem when I try to upload a lo - I only see the "Create New Album" button. Do I have to create a new album every single time I want to post a layout? I am very confused. But then I haven't gotten the knack for adding blinkies and siggies either and if I didn't have one special little guardian angel out there I wouldn't have the blinkies and siggie I have today. But doing it on my own is really confusing to me. I take out the asteriks and do everything I am supposed to do and it just doesn't work for me. I have lots of layouts I want to post but with the blonde moment I have had for a couple of months now, I have not done so well. Help!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I keep getting blurry layouts!!

I saved a layout at 72 DPI, 500x500..JPG...and it looks great on my computer. When I go to post it in the gallery,everything gets blurry. I've tried about 5 times using different DPIs (72, 88, 100), different dimensions (500x500, 600x00), diferent JPG compressions (everything from 3-8)...but keep get the same blurry result when I upload it. This is the picture I'm working on:

http://scrapgirls.com.ipbhost.com/index.ph...i&img=65829

What am I doing wrong? Is there a trick to posting layouts with the same image sharpness that I see on my computer screen when I created it??

:banghead:

Ok I am real dense. I see where you go to change image size and it only lets me change the size in cm or inches. I can't change my pixle size! So what size do I do??

• 1 month later...
Here is how I save files for uploading. I’m saving 12” x 12” files and I’m using Photoshop Elements 3.0.

1. First, make sure you have saved your file! (Just a precaution.)

2. Change the image size to 500x500 pixels with a dpi of 72 (Go to Image ->

Resize -> Image Size. In the dialog box, under “Pixel Resolution”, change

both Width & Height to 500. Under “Document Size”, change Pixel Resolution

to 72. Click on OK.)

3. Save a copy of the file as jpeg. (Go to File -> Save as, and in the Format

pulldown box, choose jpeg. Click on Save.)

4. When the JPEG options dialog comes up, look at the size down at the very

bottom. It probably needs to be under 100K. If you need to make your file

smaller, go to the Image Options part of the box and move the slider closer

to “small file” . The file size will change as you move the slider. Once you get a

size you’re happy with, click on OK.)

5. This should give you an “uploadable” file.

I think that if I wanted to upload an 8 ½” x 11” page, the dimensions I would use in step 2 are 500 x 647 pixels.

Hope this works for you.

Okay, I just posted my first three LOs, following these directions. The first one came out fine, so I was encouraged to do a few more. The next two came out real blurry. Any ideas what I've done wrong?

Ginnhy

Here is how I save files for uploading. I’m saving 12” x 12” files and I’m using Photoshop Elements 3.0.

to 72. Click on OK.)

to “small file” . The file size will change as you move the slider. Once you get a

I think that if I wanted to upload an 8 ½” x 11” page, the dimensions I would use in step 2 are 500 x 647 pixels.

Hope this works for you.

Okay, I just posted my first three LOs, following these directions. The first one came out fine, so I was encouraged to do a few more. The next two came out real blurry. Any ideas what I've done wrong? I'm using Elements 5.0 with Windows XP.

Ginny

Here is how I save files for uploading. I'm saving 12" x 12" files and I'm using Photoshop Elements 3.0.

Resize -> Image Size. In the dialog box, under "Pixel Resolution", change

both Width & Height to 500. Under "Document Size", change Pixel Resolution

to 72. Click on OK.)

to "small file" . The file size will change as you move the slider. Once you get a

size you're happy with, click on OK.)

5. This should give you an "uploadable" file.

I think that if I wanted to upload an 8 ½" x 11" page, the dimensions I would use in step 2 are 500 x 647 pixels.

Hope this works for you.

Okay, I just posted my first three LOs, following these directions. The first one came out fine, so I was encouraged to do a few more. The next two came out real blurry. Any ideas what I've done wrong? I'm using Elements 5.0 with Windows XP.

Ginny

I save my layouts at 100 resolution.

You want to use the save for web in PSE 5

You get 2 image previews in PSE so

you can choose the best one and save as a .jpg

Ginny

I save my layouts at 100 resolution.

I used Save for Web in PSE when I used PSE.

I upgraded to PSCS3 and use the Save for Web feature in PSCS3

which is similar to the one in PSE

Save for web gives you good quality image you can upload

to the image gallery here.

You put in Size and Resolution and then get two images

in the preview screen in PSE 5.

You can preview both images and pick one

or you can adjust image quality if needed of the best one

and then save the image.

For photos and graphics and Scrap lo you uploading to websites

Save for Web is used.

• 4 weeks later...

To post a link in post topic thread you click on icon with green plus sign next to smiles icon.

When the url box appears I delete the http: and copy my complete url from

notepad and paste in my post.

You click on okay and a text description box appears and you put your

link text in.

When you finished your post you hit the add reply or post button.

This is something I have been wanting to do for some time now. Thanks for the information. Too easy! I must truly be a blonde. :giggle_bear:

• 1 month later...

to 72. Click on OK.)

Hope this works for you.

Hello,

Was having trouble uploading even though the file was only 430KB, did not realise I had to adjust the pixel size as well! Your directions were very useful and I have now successfully uploaded another layout.

Thank you very much for the tips.

mum42

Here is how I save files for uploading. I'm saving 12" x 12" files and I'm using Photoshop Elements 3.0.

Resize -> Image Size. In the dialog box, under "Pixel Resolution", change

both Width & Height to 500. Under "Document Size", change Pixel Resolution

to 72. Click on OK.)

to "small file" . The file size will change as you move the slider. Once you get a

size you're happy with, click on OK.)

5. This should give you an "uploadable" file.

I think that if I wanted to upload an 8 ½" x 11" page, the dimensions I would use in step 2 are 500 x 647 pixels.

Hope this works for you.

Hello,

Was having trouble uploading even though the file was only 430KB, did not realise I had to adjust the pixel size as well! Your directions were very useful and I have now successfully uploaded another layout.

Thank you very much for the tips.

mum42

If you have PSE 5 6 7 you use file save for web option.

You go to size tab to set the size for width,height

You choose type jpg and quality.

PSE will optimize and set the resolution

for you to 72dpi.

You can use the save for web to save photos

for email,blog posts.

I not know about PSE 3 or 4 since I only used 5 before upgrading

to expensive one PSCS.

PSCS3 has a same feature

• 3 months later...

ok i am having a problem to it won,t let me upload any i made some great ones but i did use a different program plus i have a new computer i had to may was a horrible month for me im just getting back into doing scrapping again, for my hubby.s funeral we had a picture layout from birth to death it went over big they could,t beleive the work i did do. any ways i got my sister in law into now plus my daughter and whole new stack of pictures. but in here i still can,t seem to post any thing new i made on digital scrapware and they turned out great. :banghead:

I'm obviously missing something, that I've done before, but for the life of me, I can't figure out what I've done differently.

I am posting a LO....I clicked New Image, and everything comes up right...I put in the caption name, I type the description/credits in the white box, I upload my picture file from my computer, then press whatever the bottom button is to upload to gallery....the picture takes but not the description. At first I thought maybe my image was too large, but its under the 125 limit.....do I not have something activated so it will take the description? I wrote the credits under the comment section since I can't figure this out...but I'd really like to know what I'm missing. Your help please! I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong....

Cathy--what type of software program are you using?--it sounds like your doing everything right. Check the previous messages for a clue and if there is nothing there then we will have to wait for someone else to post some advice.

• 2 months later...

I successfully posted a layout, but afterward noticed a mistake with the credits. I can't figure out a way to edit my posts. Is there a way?

You go to gallery page with the image and click on

mod options button and then edit image.

You then can edit the image description.

You need to add the lo again.

If you put the wrong credits into the meta data file info

You need fix your meta data in your psd file first and save as .jpg

Then you edit the post here and upload your correct .jpg file.

• 5 weeks later...

Quick Questions:

>>> Do I need to do something extra when I upload an image to include the metadata?

I read the instructions by Ro, and have successfully added the metadata to the LO in PSE., but did not see (even with the arrows and screen shot in the instructions) where I could access this info when looking at my LO, so I thought I might have needed to add something extra...push a special button...click a certain doodad... when I am uploading the image.

>>> I created an album, a personal one, in my gallery. I then uploaded a few LOs in one of the main galleries, but I must have missed another special button :snow_grin: because they did not show up in my album...like I thought they would supernaturally. Grin again. It is all new to me, so just trying to figure out what I need to do differently to see my LOs that I upload in a gallery to show up in my album as well.

>>> And...I saved for web in PSE6 and it showed the image size of about 150k or less for each of my three LOs. But when uploading, all three of them are well over 300k. Any ideas what I need to check?

Thanks so much!!

Crystal

• 11 months later...

sorry I have another question.

i know how to upload but don´t find the right place for my 2 layouts ;)

my question is , if I can create in the member galery a personal album, where I can upload all those layouts where I can´t find the right category ? I only saw member albums with special events. Can I only create one named "AnikA´s album" ?

• 8 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Archived