Pse Very Slow

teabaglady

Thanks so much, Debi Lou! I've printed your response so I will remember to check all these things.

By the way, things were running very well for a few weeks, and now they've bogged down again. I was pretty sure the problem was huge files, though I've no idea what I did to create such big files. Comparably, these were showing 5% when, at the same size visually, a regular 12x12 inch 300dpi file was showing 12.5%. I couldn't get brushes big enough to show up on these big ones. Now that my file sizes are as they should be things sped up, and even though it's slowing down it is not as bad as it was. I did de-frag and ran ad aware last month, but I may need to do some of these things again.

I wanted to let you know that I was having similar problems with Elements 6.0. I even had it crashing on me when I pulled in pictures. I had one LO in particular that I could not complete because it kept crashing on me. I installed CS3 last night, opened the LO, pulled in the pictures & WHOALA done! I am really looking forward to CS3 if I won't have the problems I have been having. If you can do it, CS3 is the way to go that's for sure. :)

• 1 month later...

I realize this thread is more than a month old, but I'm having issues with my PSE5. My computer is only a year old, and pretty powerful, so this program should not be a challenge for it. I had the IT person my husband is working with take a look at my computer, and she couldn't really come up with anything that I hadn't tried. (changing the scratch disc to my 2nd hard drive, lowering cache checking hard drive function).

I wondered if you had discovered the problem with yours and how to fixit. I think my next step will be contacting adobe to see if I can get some help from them, but I thought I'd check if there was any wisdom here!

Thanks for any input anyone!

DebiLou,

Could you recommend a good font organizer? I have been meaning to do this for eons and just have never done it.

Bonnie

LOVE Texas! It has a special place in my heart!!!!

I keep a low number of fonts in windows/fonts/

I keep all other fonts in my second fonts folder which is

My Pictures/Scrapbooking/Fontz.

I use Amp Font Viewer to load my desired fonts for Graphic and Scrapbooking use.

Archived