Scraplift Crop & Chat - 1/6 @ 5 Pm Et

ManiakMama

Have you ever wanted to scraplift, but didn't know how to go about doing it or what it was even about? Well, now's your chance to find out! Join AngelaNussbaum and Tysmommy today in the chat room @ 5 pm EST for a crop and chat about scraplifting! Scraplifting can be a huge source of inspiration to you and your layouts, and its alot of fun for the person who inspired you.

So, what is Scraplifting? Scraplifting is when you use a specific layout to inspire you. You can follow the entire layout (like my example) or you can take one thing (like the text, or positioning of flowers) and lift that.

Is scraplifting bad? No! BUT you must remember to give the other layout or designer credit. The best way to do that here at Scrap Girls is to add a link to their layout in the area where you list your products used, and to say who they are.

Today's challenge will be to scraplift one of Durin Eberhart's layouts. Here is the link to Durin's layouts where you can pick which layout inspires you and scraplift it!

When your layout is complete, post it HERE. Just be sure in your credits to post a link, to the layout of Theresa's that you lifted from.

Hope you all can join us in the chat this afternoon! If you can't, no worries, you can still participate and do a layout. Can't wait to see what you all come up with!

Here is my layout: Family Christmas 2007

and her is Angela's layout: Sisters

I just got done scouring through Durin's Gallery. May I say ,WOW there are some stunning LO's. It was hard to pick one. So, I settled on two. I'll see you at 5pm this evening. This is going to be a fun day..

Awesome ... Durin is definitely one of my favorite designers!!!! This is a wonderful assignment! My DS and I are headed to the park for a play date (and pictures, no doubt) so I will happily tackle this one later on today. I will try to pop in for the chat, but not sure I can make it (I have never done that before and would love to). If I miss it, I will definitely post my LO.

This is a "must do" for me. Durin is right at the top of my favorite designer list. Now all I have to is remember the right time.....5:00 Eastern translates to 2:00 Pacific, right? With snow falling, I'm not likely to be going any where far.

Glad to see you all are coming! we woke up to snow, but now its all melting. So im sure my girls will be outside giving me peace and quite.. lol

Thanks for all your sweet comments on my layout!

angela

I have a house full of gals - daughters & granddaughter - so I'm snapping off pics as fast as my battery life and their patience will allow. I WANT to be there, but I can't promise.

I have 2 scraplifts of Durin working right now! I love her designs and got totally inspired running through her 150+ layouts! Wow, she is certainly a prolific creator!!!! How lucky are we?!?!

This is a "must do" for me. Durin is right at the top of my favorite designer list. Now all I have to is remember the right time.....5:00 Eastern translates to 2:00 Pacific, right? With snow falling, I'm not likely to be going any where far.

Yep! and I'll be there with bells on.

Here is Mine.... The Three J's

Vaughnde

So, here is my LO.

Scraplift Crop 6th January - Adorable Lily

This is my first crop and I am really happy to participate. It was really fun scraplifting something I had seen and liked very much. FUN!

Now for the chat. I have never participated either. How does that work?

I am not sure I am going to be there, because it's 11 PM here. I have to go to bed because tomorrow is the first school day in 2008 after the holidays....

We will see. The chat should start soon, or not?

Just wanted to say that I really enjoyed to participate in the chat. Guess I have to learn to type quicker LOL.

Here is always a party, I think I have been reading this in a post from Angela some time ago. It's RIGHT.

:having-a-party:

Thank you girls.

Ya know i knew i had something to do today! But at 6 pm realized i was to late...Will try to get this done....I didnt get any sleep at all last night so i ended up dropping kiddies off and going to sleep for hours and hours....I already ahve the layout half way done So should not take to much longer!!

Yes Ann, all the LO's are fantastic. I really enjoyed this crop. It is funny to look what everybody has done with the scraplift.

I finished one! I scraplifted Durin's Grandmother layout.

I created a LO of my DH's aunt: Sweet Marie.

Thanks to Durin for all the inspirations! Thanks ladies for the chat and the crop. I think I'm getting in a swing now... I already have another Durin scraplift working.

Awesome! I am loving it...every single moment. Right now I can't scrap...my neck is giving me fits! But no worries, a trip to the chiropractor is in order this afternoon...just gotta wait for mom to pick me up. She has a dr appt today at 3:45 pm so pls keep her in your prayers. Both of us have bronchitis...but hers is much worse.

Vaughnde

Archived