What Size Bamboo Fun?

My tablet is a little older, not a bamboo, the screen area is about 3 1/2 x5 inches. I think if there was desk space for it, a bigger tablet would be nicer, especially when I'm using it with the mouse. I find myself having to lift the mouse up and move it back over a lot because I've dragged to the edge of the tablet, but I haven't moved far enough on my monitor yet, if that makes sense?

If you don't have a lot of desk space though, small ones are still wonderful!

I guess it really depends on what you want to do with it - for myself, I got it as an add-on for Photoshop, so I could draw a few doodles on a lay-out or use it as a selection tool, so the small one fits me fine. But if you are into drawing and using it heavily, I would think the medium would be more fitting.

I had originally ordered the Intuos 6 x 8 and my intent was to use it exclusively. Then I decided that it was a pretty expensive "mouse" and I returned it for the Bamboo Fun Small and used the money I saved to purchase CS3 1/2 price. So for my needs, the small works> :dancingelephant:

Either way, I'd say go for it, they are a lot of fun and I like it for doing small things on a photo - you can get real close for erasing and paint lines and stuff. I love it for red eye, as I never use the red eye tool, I prefer to paint on a layer above and then blur and merge. With the pressure point, you can just sort of hold your pen there until the eye looks about right.

Let us know what you decide!

Robin

I have the small Graphire 4 and am very happy with it. I really don't have space on my desk for anything any bigger. I'd have to find another place for my scanner is if I had a larger tablet and my scanner is too important to not have close and handy.

I got the Graphire 4 too because it fits easily in the laptop case.We have a big one, one of the first that came out--it really didn't get much use because it was so big to have out all the time. I had a lot of fun with it using Painter. (Back in 1994!) I really do wish I'd found Scrap Girls sooner. :D

• 1 year later...
I love it for red eye, as I never use the red eye tool, I prefer to paint on a layer above and then blur and merge. With the pressure point, you can just sort of hold your pen there until the eye looks about right.

I am sooooo glad I found ScrapGirls!!!!! I get so frustrated with the red eye fixer in PSE7 and the prior versions as far as that's concerned. I was trying to fix the red eye in one of my grandson's pictures and it kept filling his nostril :banghead: I figured someone on ScrapGirls would have a better idea :banana: Sure enough, I never thought about this. I think I'm going to have to dig my Graphire tablet out again too :) I love SG :trampoline:

I use the bamboo medium with my laptop for all my photo/scrapping work, and for games. I have a small I use with my netbook. The medium fits in my bag right on top of my laptop, and I'm usually in a chair with it on the arm of the chair, or in bed when I use it, so no worries about desk space. I really like the medium a lot better. I don't think the small does very well for fine work. Even the medium is not a lot bigger than a mousepad. I think the extra money was well worth it.

Archived