6 replies to this topic

#1 diazcamille

diazcamille

Scrapper Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 593 posts

Posted 21 July 2005 - 01:54 PM

Ok, I have a canon A85, and I always use the Auto mode - point and shoot. There are other functions, though. If I'm taking pictures of, say, all the flowering trees around town, what's the best way to do that? Time of day, camera setting, etc. We have crepe Myrtles everywhere right now, and I think they are beautiful! I'd love to get some really nice pictures!

Thanks, photography people, for your help!

#2 momi23girls

momi23girls

Scrapper Next Door

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 21 July 2005 - 04:54 PM

Ok, I have a canon A85, and I always use the Auto mode - point and shoot.  There are other functions, though.  If I'm taking pictures of, say, all the flowering trees around town, what's the best way to do that?  Time of day, camera setting, etc.  We have crepe Myrtles everywhere right now, and I think they are beautiful!  I'd love to get some really nice pictures!

Thanks, photography people, for your help!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Does your camera have a flower mode?? Both of my digital ones do and it helps take awesome flower photos. Its a macro mode that is specifically designed fo flowers

#3 momi23girls

momi23girls

Scrapper Next Door

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 21 July 2005 - 05:02 PM

Here is one I took w/ my old camera in flower modeAttached File  rose.jpg   335.03KB   22 downloads

#4 momentousangel

momentousangel

Hope You Have A Happy Scrappy Day!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,788 posts

Posted 21 July 2005 - 06:12 PM

Wow, that's truly a beautiful and crystal clear shot. Guess it's time for a new camera that has that kind of function. :) I think I deserve it after the way this week has been going, :). So do tell more about all these different functions.
Posted Image

To have a friend is to have a shoulder to cry on, a hand to hold and an extra pair of legs when yours are too weak to stand alone...

I have been living buried in books and writing classes... as an added note I must say that it is rather scary when you start dreaming and all you can see within your dreams is words floating everywhere!

Posted Image
Valerie Lynn Harrell is the published author of a book of poetry, titled "A Little Girl Lost... Was Found Through Her Writing"

#5 dinny

dinny

Scrap Girl Messageboard Wise One

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,618 posts

Posted 21 July 2005 - 07:46 PM

nice shot momi23girls!

diazcamille,
-try shooting on a cloudy day, then strong shadows won't be that much of a problem.
-or late in the day
-get in close to get all the details
-now, try the same shot, but step even closer
-and if that's not close enough, get closer

when all finished, if they're not quite right, you can try again! that's what's great about digital.
Dinny

#6 momi23girls

momi23girls

Scrapper Next Door

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 21 July 2005 - 08:12 PM

Thank you, that was off my older camera a sony mavica, I just got a newer one that has it as well. It is a awesome function, I love taking photo flaowers now, and yes digital is great cause I think you can learn so much with them

#7 nelly

nelly

Scrap Girl Scrapper Devotee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,562 posts

Posted 25 July 2005 - 04:47 AM

i find that early morning is a nice time too to take photos!
"Women are like tea bags; put them in hot water and they get stronger." Eleanor Roosevelt

my LOs

my blog

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users