Scenery Pictures

Guest diazcamille

Guest diazcamille
Ok, I have a canon A85, and I always use the Auto mode - point and shoot. There are other functions, though. If I'm taking pictures of, say, all the flowering trees around town, what's the best way to do that? Time of day, camera setting, etc. We have crepe Myrtles everywhere right now, and I think they are beautiful! I'd love to get some really nice pictures!

Thanks, photography people, for your help!

Guest momi23girls
[quote name='diazcamille' date='Jul 21 2005, 11:54 AM']Ok, I have a canon A85, and I always use the Auto mode - point and shoot.  There are other functions, though.  If I'm taking pictures of, say, all the flowering trees around town, what's the best way to do that?  Time of day, camera setting, etc.  We have crepe Myrtles everywhere right now, and I think they are beautiful!  I'd love to get some really nice pictures!

Thanks, photography people, for your help!
[right][post="21176"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Does your camera have a flower mode?? Both of my digital ones do and it helps take awesome flower photos. Its a macro mode that is specifically designed fo flowers

nice shot momi23girls!

diazcamille,
-try shooting on a cloudy day, then strong shadows won't be that much of a problem.
-or late in the day
-get in close to get all the details
-now, try the same shot, but step even closer
-and if that's not close enough, get closer

when all finished, if they're not quite right, you can try again! that's what's great about digital.

Guest momi23girls
Thank you, that was off my older camera a sony mavica, I just got a newer one that has it as well. It is a awesome function, I love taking photo flaowers now, and yes digital is great cause I think you can learn so much with them

Archived