Camera Choices

So far I've been looking at the Sony Cyber-shot DSCP200 7.2MP Digital Camera, which has :
7.2 megapixel Super HAD CCD
3X optical zoom
2X digital zoom
6X total zoom
0-14X Smart Zoom
Carl Zeiss Vario-Tessar lens
2" diagonal 134K pixel LCD display
Real Imaging Processor technology
live histogram display
14-bit DXP A/D conversion
five-area multi-point auto focus
auto focus illuminator
selectable focus modes
manual exposure mode
nine scene modes
multi-pattern measuring
pre-flash metering
four flash modes
red-eye reduction
six white balance modes
two picture effects: sepia, black and white
five- and 100-shot burst modes
multi-burst mode
MPEG movie VX standard/fine mode with audio
microphone/speaker
10-second self timer
conversion lens-compatible
Cyber-shot station dock-compatible
USB 2.0-compatible
PictBridge-compatible
MS, MS Pro-compatible
audio/video output
rechargeable InfoLithium battery
battery charger
A/V and USB cables
32MB MS media
software CD-ROM
wrist strap

The price is about 425 bucks, which I don't think is to bad and I haven't found it any where else any cheaper, so do I buy now or wait a little longer and try a different town to buy and hope I can get it any cheaper?

here is a review of that camera from [url="http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/specs/Sony/sony_dscp200.asp"]dpreview[/url] an EXCELLENT source for anything about digital cameras. I noticed that buydig has it for 344. I've bought once from them in the past without any problems.

You can also read the reviews for that camera on the dpreview site [url="http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/read_opinions.asp?prodkey=sony_dscp200"]here[/url]

hope this helps!!

Yeah, it seems high to me...try these sites too
www.pricescan.com
www.pricegrabber.com

They are both GREAT price comparasin sites that will help you find a TRUE bargain...but be sure that you read the fine print. Make sure you get all your USB cables and extras that you might THINK you are getting but really aren't. A simple e-mail should answer all your questions.

I've been so excited about getting a newer camera, :). As if the new computer I'm also getting alone wasn't a treat, :). Dh seems to really respect the idea that because there weren't many photos of me as a baby or small child, he wants to ensure I have all I need so I can ensure my children have lots, :). I pretty much want to buy a camera I will be able to depend on to last for a while. Why I need one with 7.2 mp is beyond me, but dh suggested that I might as well a good one while I can. I've seen the 8 mp ones as well but truly think with 7.2 mp it will surely get some great quality photos, :). It's only a matter of a week or maybe two now if even that before I can get it, so I want to be sure I'm getting the best deal I can on a really good one. :) If anyone has any other suggested cameras please do fill me in on it. :)

Guest rainchild
I have a 5.1 Sony and am very pleased with it - it's the Carl Zeiss lens (even though I paid $850 and now it's less than half!). My camera is almost 2 years old and I understand they have come a LONG way in two years... but, one thing you should check out before you whip out your MasterCard..... Take some photos in the store saving file as TIFF (you likely have a RAW feature on this model as well) and also using the flash and see if you can live with the length of time that it takes before you can snap another shot. I understand they are quite a lot faster these days. I rarely ever use TIFF because it takes a good 30 seconds - which might as well be forever - before I can take another shot. The salesperson will likely have it set on JPEG in the store. TIFF photos are so much better. I recently read that a high-speed memory stick would help improve the speed (I needed another memory card anyway) but it didn't help a bit. I've been looking at their new cameras too. I'd like to know how it works out for you!

Lorraine

Guest jamfisch
I pretty much want to buy a camera I will be able to depend on to last for a while. Why I need one with 7.2 mp is beyond me,

My personal opinion is to look at the optics. Megapixels come and go, but you will notice that a camera with good optics will take a better picture.

Archived