Scanning Paper For 12x12?

Hello Everyone,

I was wondering how you scan a 12x12 paper. I read on HP website there is such a thing as stitching, but I am not sure how to do it or if there is an actual program that will do it. To my knowledge, which is fairly limited, my software that came with my scanner does not do this. Can someone please enlighten me or point me in the right direction? I have looked online until my eyes are crossed & can't seem to find much information on creating scanned papers or items or embellishments. Appreciate your help!

I thought there was something in the university about printing 12x12.I went to have a look for you,hoping to give you a link but I can't find it.

I am sure someone will be along soon to answer your question.I don't know what "stitching" is so I will watch this thread with interest

Sorry Tink that I couldn't have been more help

I'm not sure what the standard way of doing this is, but I've always just scanned one side and then the next and put them together in Photoshop. To make it easier I make one side semi transparent (type a number like 6 or 7) and then erase one half with a soft brush so it blends. Type in 0 and it will be fully opaque and then merge the layers.

Hello Everyone,

I was wondering how you scan a 12x12 paper. I read on HP website there is such a thing as stitching, but I am not sure how to do it or if there is an actual program that will do it. To my knowledge, which is fairly limited, my software that came with my scanner does not do this. Can someone please enlighten me or point me in the right direction? I have looked online until my eyes are crossed & can't seem to find much information on creating scanned papers or items or embellishments. Appreciate your help!

There is a program called "Panorama Maker" that came with my 12 x 12 Epson paper. It is wonderful because you scan on side then the other and the program automatically stitches them together. I'm sure you could google the sight or maybe go into Epson.

elli

Please be conscious of trademarks and copyrights. Many people (myself included) think you cannot legally scan a sheet of printed paper and use it in any way. The other camp believes you bought it, you can scan it and use it once and then delete the file and destroy the paper without breaking any copyrights.

I had a paper I needed another sheet of and couldn't find it anywhere. Called the company and they were super nice and searched everywhere for it. Gave me permission to make a copy to finish my project. Sometimes all you have to do is ask. Never have that problem with digi though. :D

April, I love the thought about digi. I scrap for our foster kids, and sometimes we have several. Making one layout and printing it for multiple (7 or 8) lifebooks is an incredible time saver for me. And the kids love it that all the copies are exactly alike. No searching for papers that are the same color or "look close".

Good point Betsy about copywrights. I am more interested in scanning my son's pages that are 12x12 that I did the "old fashioned" way. there are a few pages I want to put into my girl's albums so having them digitally will be wonderful not to mention keep them forever.

• 2 years later...
Hello Everyone,

There is a program called "Panorama Maker" that came with my 12 x 12 Epson paper. It is wonderful because you scan on side then the other and the program automatically stitches them together. I'm sure you could google the sight or maybe go into Epson.

elli

This is a WONDERFUL program and not very expensive. The only way to go....you still have to scan your paper or LO ,,,1/2 at a time tho.

• 2 weeks later...

Tink, I think for the aggravation involved with stitching these together, especially if they're any amount "wobbly" on the scanner, I'd go to my local DocuMart or Kinkos or other copy center, and get them to scan them for me. They have large format scanners, at high resolution, and wouldn't charge much. And they'd be DONE!

Archived