I've Had It With Pse 6 & I've Order Cs3

debilou

It seems like every day there is another work around for us PSE users. I've been working (successfully) with Kerry Veale on why her beautiful Scrap Simple Brocante Frames didn't work (and they do now). And, the questions on the message board for PSE users every single day! And, the newsletter always seems to have lovely things to do, but so many are done in CS - and PSE doesn't have Channels, and Paths, and we can't lock a layer and then do whatever!!! Argh.

So, I ordered while I could on sale. So, there. I thought I could wait a little while longer, but I couldn't.

So, off to the boutique to order a another Secrets book.

It's my DH's birthday. So, happy Birthday to him, he got a Sony Bravia flat screen HD, LCD Mountable TV for his study and now he gets CS3 - is he lucky or what? He doesn't know about the CS part quite yet - I'll tell him at dinner tonight. Can't ply him with liquor because we don't drink, but it will slip into the conversation.

:dancingelephant:

Debi Lou,

You are just too funny. Slip it into conversation, huh? I hope he likes his new software ;-)

And congratulations!

BTW, I've been considering becoming a dual program scrapper and downloading a trial of PSE 6 (and getting the new Secrets book, of course) but no channels ? No paths? Maybe I shouldn't even be thinking of PSE 6. How much of a sale on CS?

My DH gave me a Wacom tablet for Christmas and it is a "privledge" of the Wacom tablet or Wacom Bamboo fun. But, with PS I think you can upgrade to certain versions of CS by either

a. are you a Costco member - there are some CS3 versions there that you can get on sale, if YOU UPGRADE, but check what you have to upgrade from - I know at costco you had to upgrade from PS x something or a prior CS.

b. On Adobe.com

You can upgrade to certain versions of CS3, again, click on the UPGRADE , and find out what you have to upgrade from - sign on with user name and password. On Adobe as a PSE user i wouldn't have been able to get CS3, but as a WACOM user and PSE 6 user I could (I guess because it was bundled together).

So, try those out.

If that doesn't work, post this question on the main MB - You should, I ought to know this section... Do you know which one I mean... PM if you don't...

Debi Lou,

You are just too funny. Slip it into conversation, huh? I hope he likes his new software ;-)

And congratulations!

BTW, I've been considering becoming a dual program scrapper and downloading a trial of PSE 6 (and getting the new Secrets book, of course) but no channels ? No paths? Maybe I shouldn't even be thinking of PSE 6. How much of a sale on CS?

Oh, Sarah, you're the funny one. We are women that have been married for a while. It's on sale!!!! Get it on Sale... And, you are questioning the price.... Sale. that's the price.

I don't know. Oh, here's the receipt. With Tax, Tip, Shipping, Gift Boxing, A Gift Card, Ribbon and A Shiny Bow, in US currency today (which may be devalued to the Euro tomorrow) $330.11.

The actual cost is $299.00

I want the real photoshop :(. I don't even know what channels or paths are or even what the use would be in locking a layer. :( *sniffle*

I dont know all the ends and out either. This is the first time I have heard about channels, and locking layers. Or how about a "Bridge"? Hmmmmm

((Double Sniffle))

Wow DebbiLou you really are too funny and I agree with Sarah on that !!! I am saving for CS3 also. Just have to wait a wee bit longer. I love my tablet and I really don't know what I did before I got it !!! You have to fill us in on all the differences between PSE and CS3. I use PSE5 not 6, so make sure you let us know !!! And congratulations and happy birthday to DH !

oh you guys are hysterical... go for the CS3 you won't be sorry. I love it and am still learning learning learning.

(yep, know about the 'slipping it into the conversation', done that a few times myself.. oooh look what I got, how much do you think, wrong wrong wrong... far less than that... yay you're happy I got it, ME TOO!!)

Jeepers. I didn't even look at the coupon from my Wacom tablet. I assumed it was for CS2, which I already have. I'll have to peek again. It might be too late anyway. My DH usually gets the programs for work. They get enough licenses for him to have one to work from home. I just am lucky enough to be married to him. ;) He did buy me the Wacom (Intuos 6x8) as an anniversary gift. Romantic, huh? I thought so, too. ;) He does think I should be making more of my own graphics and such, though, since I have the materials to do so. Scrap Girls Boutique is just SO much more handy, don't you think? *sigh* I suppose I'm lazy.

I can't wait to see what you learn, Debi! I'm excited for you! I love paths! I have a hard time typing in a straight line now. ;) And wait until you meet the History Brush!!! I have LOTS of fun with that - mostly in photo editing. :)

~Zaz

Jeepers. I didn't even look at the coupon from my Wacom tablet. I assumed it was for CS2, which I already have. I'll have to peek again. It might be too late anyway. My DH usually gets the programs for work. They get enough licenses for him to have one to work from home. I just am lucky enough to be married to him. ;) He did buy me the Wacom (Intuos 6x8) as an anniversary gift. Romantic, huh? I thought so, too. ;) He does think I should be making more of my own graphics and such, though, since I have the materials to do so. Scrap Girls Boutique is just SO much more handy, don't you think? *sigh* I suppose I'm lazy.

I can't wait to see what you learn, Debi! I'm excited for you! I love paths! I have a hard time typing in a straight line now. ;) And wait until you meet the History Brush!!! I have LOTS of fun with that - mostly in photo editing. :)

~Zaz

Oh, Zaz, don't cry, you just got your tablet for Christmas and you can upgrade with your tablet privledges. Do you want me to PM you the site....

Oh, and there weren't actual COUPONS like you cut out or something when you got your Wacom tablet or Bamboo fun. When you register, there is a STORE! And, you get access to the STORE! Guess what lurking in the Store. Lots of goodies. and, CS3 is just one of the goodies.

My DH gave me a Wacom tablet for Christmas and it is a "privledge" of the Wacom tablet or Wacom Bamboo fun. But, with PS I think you can upgrade to certain versions of CS by either

a. are you a Costco member - there are some CS3 versions there that you can get on sale, if YOU UPGRADE, but check what you have to upgrade from - I know at costco you had to upgrade from PS x something or a prior CS.

b. On Adobe.com

You can upgrade to certain versions of CS3, again, click on the UPGRADE , and find out what you have to upgrade from - sign on with user name and password. On Adobe as a PSE user i wouldn't have been able to get CS3, but as a WACOM user and PSE 6 user I could (I guess because it was bundled together).

So, try those out.

If that doesn't work, post this question on the main MB - You should, I ought to know this section... Do you know which one I mean... PM if you don't...

Did you get PSE6 with your WACOM??????? I am using PSE5 and I got PSE4 with my Intuos3.

Can you also tell me what other advantages are of getting CS3 please? I've been debating about staying with PSE5 or trying something else....but I'm not sure what "something else" would do??????

:thanks:

b. On Adobe.com

So, try those out.

Did you get PSE6 with your WACOM??????? I am using PSE5 and I got PSE4 with my Intuos3.

Can you also tell me what other advantages are of getting CS3 please? I've been debating about staying with PSE5 or trying something else....but I'm not sure what "something else" would do??????

:thanks:

I got PSE 4 with my WACOM Intuos Tablet (Christmas Present).... I had UPGRADED from PSE 2, 3, 4, 5 and finally PSE 6 which I bought at Costco.com about 6 - 7 months ago or whenever it first came out.

If you go to the Adobe site - sign in if you registered your software and go to CS3 - they have a short video on some of the features. I have also just been watching SG newsletters lately and seeing the tutorials on neat stuff that we just can't do in PSE. I also have attended some web -in air's that Adobe has from time to time they had one just a few weeks ago by Renee Pearson and she showed how to to create a card in PSE and then how to do the same basic thing in CS and it was so much quicker faster easier. You also might go to the SG university site and check out some of the stuff there. There are so many things available in CS that we PSE users either can't do or we have work arounds for. I certainly am not an expert here as I don't have CS yet.

I wish I could tell you all the pros and cons, but I'm certainly not the expert to do this - oh but here's a really simple one since you do have a tablet = PSE doesn't have a PEN function - both PS and CS do. USE YOUR PEN more effectively. Be able to scatter, hue jitter better with your pen. We can't really control it as well since we kind of have to work around it.

~Zaz

Oh, Zaz, don't cry, you just got your tablet for Christmas and you can upgrade with your tablet privledges. Do you want me to PM you the site....

Actually, I got my tablet in July. I didn't know I had privileges! ;)

~Zaz

Well, I'm having a hard time staying upright on my chair when I really want to be rolling on the floor laughing! However, DH is sitting right next to me, and I must control myself because I too have been plotting my strategy to "welcome" CS3 into my home! Someday, some way...

Anyway, Debilou, tell your sweetie happy birthday from his SGSIL!

:rofl:

Just last spring I had to 'slip it into the conversation' that I had bought PSE 5 bundled with Premier Elements! I think I'd better wait awhile on the CS! DH really wants music software (BIG $$$) so we need to find a buy one get one free laptop deal, then spring for the software!! No way I'd get my hobby furnished before he does.

So, my DH came home from bowling yesterday afternoon and right before we needed to go out to dinner for his birthday. And, I handed him the receipt for the CS3 and kissed him and said Happy Birthday honey. He started to look at the receipt all puzzled, like what the heck is this, as I was casually looking in the hall mirror putting on some lip gloss. So, I just said this Birthday present is to make your wife Happy, is CS3 (he really had encouraged me to get it). And, he said anything that anything that made me happy, made him happy and he kissed which took my lip stick off! Had to start over there!!

But, he was really happy for me. Is he a jewel or what 25+ years of marriage to him, and he's wonderful!

He just continues to love that I have always had a passion for photography (since I was about 7 years old) and that now I have combined that passion with digi scrapping.

He loves to see how excited I get over things!! I'm so very Blessed!

Ok are you saying the PSCS3 is $300??!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!

B/c when I look at the site, it tells me $549 (and that's including upgrading from PSE5).

Do I need to change my contacts again?

Bethany, I don't think you need to change your contacts - the CS3 deals worked 2 ways:

1. If you had purchased a Wacom Bamboo Fun or an Wacom Tablet of any size - you get access to their "store" and in their store is CS3 - because one of the "bundled software items that comes with the tablet is PSE 4 - you can upgrade this PSE 4 to CS3 for the $299 price.

2. The other deal I mentioned was if you belonged to Costco and if you owned a prior version of CS or a later version of PS (not PSE) they have some upgrade deals.

3. I did get a PM from someone who did not own anything that could be upgraded - so she found on Amazon - CS2 - just so you don't think this is a type CS - version TWO. for I think about $270.00. I don't know what came besides the basic software.

I know April (April Showers) is still running CS2 and has said on the MB before - I hope it was you April - that there isn't a BIG difference between CS2 and CS3. You might check the CS section on CS and see what users have said about upgrading from CS2 to CS3.

This would at least get you moved up into the CS world and when you wanted (or when Adode comes out with CS4 which you know they will at some point), you would be in a position to upgrade in the CS software world.

4. If you really want CS3, buy a Wacom Tablet (I have the Intuos) - go to the Digital Equiqment part of the message board to see what fun we have had with the Tablets our new pen and mice (mouses?), and then you could also in return get the huge discount on CS. My DH got the price from the Costco web site, then went to Best Buy and asked them to match the price or he'd go some where else - they called the manager over and they matched the price on tablet, and then a week later, they did the same thing on my Canon Rebel Xti SLR. My DH used to do contract negotiations, and he wants the best deal. And, he will walk. At first they told him only with an extended warranty or other perk - he said no - this is what I want - here's the price - on the camera - they ended up beating the price by $10 bucks from Costco's price. So, wheel and deal. He did the same thing with office depot on my new scanner (my neighbor works there and says they never match box store prices - well she wasn't working that day - and they did).

I guess he has a knack for it. And, I think stores right now are hurting for dollars. And, you can't do it with lots of people around - timing is a key.

Well, there are some options for you to think about.

First of all - congrats on your purcahse of CS3 and enjoy - I love it! It has been so fun to learn and truly not that hard after PSE5.

But I have to laugh at us all with our purchases and hubbies and such and I want to say "when does the maddness end?" :disappearing-smilie:

After a year or so with PSE5 - which I used for photo editing and printing, a friend lent me his copy of CS3 to try and in searching for tutorials and such to learn it, I found digital scrapbooking sites and was totally intrigued.

So I "had" to subscribe to Scrap Girls monthly kits, so I could get some "stuff" - then I discovered I loved the Scrap Simple stuff, so I HAD to subscribe to that. Then I "needed" ACDSee to help organize and since my trial was almost up with CS3 and I had to give it back, I read here about the deal with the Wacom Tablet, so for my birthday, I used my Best Buy Gift Certificate and got the Bamboo Fun tablet so I could get CS3 for half-price...

After printing some layouts and sending out for 12 x 12 printed, I knew I "had" to have a wide-format printer :dancingcow:

Now that it arrived - I think "hmmmm... do I have everyhting I NEED?" - LOL

But my DH is the same - he likes to see me get so excited over the new stuff and he knows how I love my technology!

So enjoy and thanks to all that have brought me this far!

Robin

There are new things in CS3 that I would really like, but I'm just waiting to upgrade until the next version comes out.

We got PS7 for $150 with a coupon that came with our scanner a loooong time ago. It wasn't the current version then, we just sat on the coupon for a few years, and since it didn't have an expiration date, they honored it and sent us the current version. This was when 7 just came out and I'd been using 5.5 limited edition. Oh what a difference. Then dh upgraded to CS2 for about $100 several years ago. I look at the total cost I have into it and try not to upgrade every version.

Well... you might have discussed nuclear physics for what I've understood of what was said in this thread...! Not the part about the husband of course!!! No wonder I can't seem to finish my first layout!...

Anyway... I am on the last days of the trial version of PSE6 (or is it PSE7) and was wondering if I should try never version you are discussing... (PS CS3??)... For a newbie... who really is enjoying scrapbooking -- even if I still haven't accomplished anything... is it worth it? Also I'm interesting in the making DVDs as well... do you gals know if it is also a better software for that as well?..

Josee

Archived