Dee's Brag Book

Sarah in VA

To use a descriptive term for excitement that's been in the news this week, I am stoked and wowed!

I finally figured out how to do Dee-Ann Decker's Brag Book (this was not easy for me, I have two left hands) and I've done 10 layouts this week! I feel as if I've been on a marathon!

Last weekend we went to Texas for my sister's birthday - it was a milestone birthday - and I took lots of pictures with this in mind. We had an old-fashioned come-and-spend-the-day-party with lots of people of all ages, food, entertainment, and activities. A new granddaughter in the family, not mine '=( , was even born that afternoon in El Paso. We were in Wichita Falls, not with the new addition to the family, but it was still a glorious happening. Sort of like the icing on the cake!

Those of you who are familiar with Dee's Brag Book probably know it only needs 8 layouts. I guess I got carried away! I woke up in the middle of the night and it dawned on me that I had 2 extra layouts. No problem, as I'm making several books for my siblings and other family members, I can mix and match!

I'm not going to be uploading these to the Gallery, because after all, 10 layouts is a lot and I really don't have a need to have them viewable on the Internet, but I would like to give credit where credit is due and thank the designers for their wonderful products I used. First of all, Dee for the Brag Book Template, and lots of extra help, via PMs. Then I also used:

KSC Gathered Beauty

BMU Table Manners

KVE French Country

SNU Collage Art

USC Again, and Assemblage collections.

Layout inspiration came from SNU Scattered Pictures 2, and Photo Clusters

ASO Templates for 4x4 Brag Book, and

SBA Digital Template Loved One.

And to actually put these albums together, I need some paper card crafting supplies, so I went to my local Michaels and treated myself to Martha Stewart's new line of craft products - an Exacto knife-type cutter, a rotary cutter, a wonderful bone thing for scoring and folding, glue sticks, precise paper crafting scissors, etc. These are really very nice products - if you haven't seen them, go have a look. The feel and perform just as you would expect. Perfection!

Sarah, sounds like you really enjoyed doing the hands on once you got started. I love paper, I have since I was a little girl, so I will always be doing some of the traditional crafting part. This looks like a fun project. Maybe you can post a few photos of the finished product, or maybe do a LO? :)

WOW! Oh Sarah you have no idea how much I needed this today! You are so very welcome, I am glad you got it all to work despite the "two left hands".

ooooooo Sarah, I'd love to SEE it! Maybe you'll come over to the land of the Hybrid scrappers! We can all get along!

Your family will be so thrilled AND impressed!

Archived