Need Some Help Please

sunnie2004

Dh hubbie is such a sweetheart with out me knowing he decided i needed vista so he so graciously uninstalled my dear old XP & now i do have back ups of my pse5 & ps7 how am I am going to install all my goodies into vista? Please someone post a directions for me so i can play again with out going into the living room & seriously hurting this man I love so dearly. Please!!!

Caren

ps....Thanks so much in advanced I really appreciate it more than you would ever know ladies & gentlmen!!

I'm not sure exactly what your question is Caren but you shouldn't have to reinstall PSE 5 unless he wiped the harddrive clean. You may need to go to Adobe's website to get the patch for PSE 5 to run in Vista.

Thanks ladies but i guess the question is ...

there is a specific path you follow to get your styles & the goodies into pse5 with XP is there such a path for vista & the 2nd question is

does anyone kow the update needed for pse5 for vista or a link I didnt find any & not sure what to search for.

I am sorry for the "dumb"questions I am getting frustrated & I used to love this lap top & now I am not liking it one bit.

thanks in advace if anyone can help me

Caren

Dana too funny love your comment too LOL

I just posted questions on actions & styles into PSE 5.0 with Vista but I'd also like to know more about the patch - what does it do, where do I find it, and is it really helpful? Probably posting redundant questions that others have already asked - if so I apologize!

Oh no Caren! I guess he hasn't done any geek research. There's a reason Dell is making more systems available with XP. It can make things run so slowly. I really don't think PS7 will work with it. CS2 even has bugs. Gosh, our scanner isn't that old and there weren't very good drivers for it. We got it to work, but it was hokey. Gosh, he didn't need to buy it, I have an extra Vista registration right here.....

I got the pse5 to work ps7 oh well I will work on cs now lol I am. my lap top flies believe it or not with vista just cant find the styles & stuff when I open pse:o(

Tommorrows project LOL

Thanks ladies so much

caren

Oh my gosh Caren! I am so sorry! I am sick to my stomach at the thought of it! I want a new laptop so bad I can taste it, but I have absolutely NO DESIRE for Vista!

Sorry, I have NO advice or help. Only condolences!

I am so frustrated right now I could seriously whip this wonderful toy out the door & now to top this off Super Smart me decided Oh wow I can go to costco & get elements 6 for 40 bucks I fly down & get it & now I am really disliking this whole thing. I wish i could do something to fix my woes LOL

Thanks ladies

Caren

.....who is just off to cry now

pse 6 is ok I think the only thing I cant figure out yet is can I change the size of the file i am working on like say for instance I have a lo on the scrren & I want to scrool to enlarge something is that possible?

frustrated in pittsburgh but up for the challenge!!

Caren

• 1 month later...

Hi all! I was just cruising through some past pages and ran across this thread wherein it states that there is a "patch" for PSE 5.0 to run on Vista. . . well I am running PSE 5.0 on two computers, one laptop, one desk top and this is the first I have heard of needing a patch. ;( Can somone tell me what the patch does. I have installed new brushes on PS and they work. The software runs fine now in Vista. I haven't encountered any of the problems others have described w/ Vista. . . :) Hope I don't regret "saying" that! I would appreciate any input, before two new computers blow up! LOL! TIA

Pat

Hi all! I was just cruising through some past pages and ran across this thread wherein it states that there is a "patch" for PSE 5.0 to run on Vista. . . well I am running PSE 5.0 on two computers, one laptop, one desk top and this is the first I have heard of needing a patch. ;( Can somone tell me what the patch does. I have installed new brushes on PS and they work. The software runs fine now in Vista. I haven't encountered any of the problems others have described w/ Vista. . . :) Hope I don't regret "saying" that! I would appreciate any input, before two new computers blow up! LOL! TIA

Pat

I was just getting ready to search the database for posts re: PSE 5.0 and Vista and, lo and behold, this one was updated today! I really, really need help - and maybe I need the patch? I have also been running PSE 5.0 on Vista with no problems - until now. All of the sudden, PSE is d r a g g i n g - to the point that it just stops responding sometimes. I almost tore my hair out yesterday after the 5th or 15th time I had to close PSE through the task manager because it just STOPPED.

The only thing I've done differently in the recent past is to start using the organizer. But, I have this problem even if I don't open the organizer.

I looked at the link in this thread for the patch but it doesn't say what it does or why it's needed. Is it something that might help my problem? If not, does anyone have any other ideas??? Thanks!

pse 6 is ok I think the only thing I cant figure out yet is can I change the size of the file i am working on like say for instance I have a lo on the scrren & I want to scrool to enlarge something is that possible?

frustrated in pittsburgh but up for the challenge!!

Caren

Hi. I don't know much about what y'all are talking about. lol I use PSE4 on my XP.

I'm sorry that you're having difficulties though. :(

Within the past couple of weeks, I was reading through a thread (I don't know which one) and I'm pretty positive that someone said you can actually change a setting in PSE6 and tell it that you WANT the scroll to zoom in to be activated.

You might want to post that question as a separate thread...the person(s) who know how to change that might see it and respond.

I hope you get it all figured out soon.

Hi Carych, sorry to hear your PSE is running slow for ya! You mentioned that you just started using organizer recently. I run organizer with about 8000 images and have no issues. I really wish someone would post regarding the Adobe patch! I want to know what it's suppose to do for you! Hope you resolve your issues soon! Computers are great when they work right!

• 1 year later...

I found this thread and now I'm about ready to cry! My new laptop is "in Transit" as we speak and it's loaded with Vista. I'm working with PSE6. Is it true that it's not going to work? I'm hoping that since this is almost a year old something has changed!

Any word??

I am using PSE 6 right now on a Vista Laptop. Not a single problem. and im one of those users that tend to use programs and break them and end up on the phone with support for days.. ahhah! So far, though, PSE 6 is running just fine!

Angela

I am using PSE 6 right now on a Vista Laptop. Not a single problem. and im one of those users that tend to use programs and break them and end up on the phone with support for days.. ahhah! So far, though, PSE 6 is running just fine!

Angela

Oh Angela that is sooo good to hear! Thanks for your quick response to my panic induced reply!

I've noticed a lot of talk about using Vista 64-bit version out there. Am I going to have problems running just the 32-bit version?

Thanks again!!

It is my understanding that PSE 7 runs just fine in the 64 bit environment. I'm not sure about 6 but if you have any trouble, I'm would think there is a patch for it. I don't have it yet but will when I get my new laptop. Someone else here did mention that 7 runs fine in Vista 64 bit.

It is my understanding that PSE 7 runs just fine in the 64 bit environment. I'm not sure about 6 but if you have any trouble, I'm would think there is a patch for it. I don't have it yet but will when I get my new laptop. Someone else here did mention that 7 runs fine in Vista 64 bit.

Archived