Another Ex Hard Drive Question

Mine finally came yesterday :) I got it hooked up and tried to move my digi files there by going through PSE . It didn't work. I ended losing a lot of the files that were tagged. I was finally able to get them all moved into the ex hard drive. My biggest problem was that I originally had them stored in a folder on my desktop. The ex hd wouldn't look for them there. So I moved them to my doc. & it worked fine. I now have to delete them in PSE & then re load & re tag them.

Question is, why is it that the files are there & I can't view them? I can see all the folders on the left hand side & all of the sub folders, but why can't they be viewed as thumbnails on the right hand side? Is this just how it is or are my files not really there :disappearing-smilie: lol

Its because the Organizer is just a link to where the document is. It remembers what the Thumbnail looked like, but when you go to open it, the link is broken (since you moved the files, but didn't "tel" the organizer). There's actually a quick way to get them "Reconnected" without taking them out of the Organizer and putting them back in. If you go to the File menu, there should be a "Reconnect" choice. If you pull up the Reconnect window, it will detect all of the files that are disconnected and you can brows to the new location (on your EHD) and "reconnect" them.

I think I have it all synced. Why is it that on my ex. hard drive it still shows my c drive? When I click all the way down on the folders it only shows my Digi files. I believe that I had them synced at one time. It says that they are no longer synced. Can I saftly delete this now?

Archived