Newbie Needing Help!

larkspur

I'm a newbie! I have been gathering materials, and finally decided to bite the dust and actually do some scrapping. But I have run into a problem. I open a new document in photoshop and use an 8x10 for my size. I bring in my background on a separate 'window' and size it to 8x10. However, when I drag the background (8x10) onto the workspace document (also 8x10) the background gets bigger. Does that make sense? Like if it has grunged edges, the edges don't show. Somehow it is getting cropped without me cropping it. It looks right in the window by itself, but when dragged into my layout window, it changes sizes. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for your help!! I know I'll figure things out eventually, but I would love any help you can give.

Is your "New" document the same dpi? If the paper is at 300 dpi and your work canvas is 72 dpi (for instance) the the paper would show really big once it's been brought onto the page. I would make sure your canvas is 300 dpi (much better for printing anyway), drag the 12x12 paper onto the page and then adjust the size by using the move tool and dragging the corners to fit. Hold the shift key down if you want to keep the proportions the same. Some papers look fine squished - some don't. Hope this helps!

Thank you ladies!!! I tried both suggestions, and they both work! Now I just have to remember that. I really do appreciate the quick response too! Maybe I can get something accomplished today after all!!

Thanks again!

Archived