February Board Game - Bingo!

Wxchic

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Pux the hog who?

I'm 4 for 10 - yippeeeeeeeeeee :bouncing-frog:

You obviously don't live in a state that experiences winter. Punxatawney Phil is a groundhog who is a professional weather forecaster in Pennsylvania. If he sees his shadow, we'll have six more weeks of winter. He saw his shadow, btw. But I'd take just six weeks more. Winter usually lasts much longer than that in Minnesota. ;)

I have to go find my pom poms and long skirt now. ;)

~Zaz

What in the world is a "Gobbler's Knob????"

It's where they take Punxsutawney Phil after they drag him out of his nice warm

house in the middle of Punxy & sihine a light on him so he sees his shadow.

There isn't a chance of him not seeing his shadow with all of the tv lights.

I live about 15 miles from Punxy & will never go unless they decide to do it

downtown and a lot later in the day. I think they start the ceremony around

5 or 6 am - no self respecting ground hog should even be out of his burrow at

that time of day

Just dropping by with some pom-poms. I think I'll make up a card so I can play along for the fun of it at home for the next round. :D

:2468who-do-we-appreciate: :2468who-do-we-appreciate: :2468who-do-we-appreciate: :2468who-do-we-appreciate: :2468who-do-we-appreciate: :2468who-do-we-appreciate: :2468who-do-we-appreciate: :2468who-do-we-appreciate: :2468who-do-we-appreciate: :2468who-do-we-appreciate: :2468who-do-we-appreciate: :2468who-do-we-appreciate:

:2468who-do-we-appreciate: :2468who-do-we-appreciate: :2468who-do-we-appreciate:

:2468who-do-we-appreciate: :2468who-do-we-appreciate: :2468who-do-we-appreciate:

Go, bingo, bingo, bingo!!!

~Zaz, who needs to lengthen her skirt

So how are the words picked? DO you draw them out of a hat? or do you pick your favorites? Can I persuade you in anyway? What if I sent you a large box of chocolate?????

He, he! I was wondering that same thing!! ;)

Two for me.

For those of you who don't have many and think you don't have a chance...don't give up hope yet! My very last round of Bingo (alas, I didn't know it would be my very last round) I had HORRIBLE numbers! I was sure I was going to lose. JoEllen had 14/15 for like the last 3 sets of words called. I got like 3 or 4 words each of those rounds and snuck in for then win (I'm still sorry JoEllen - but on the bright side, I'll never do that to you again!!!). So, moral of the story is ... keep your chin up! There's lots of time still!

:monkeydance::monkeydance::monkeydance::monkeydance::monkeydance:

So how are the words picked? DO you draw them out of a hat? or do you pick your favorites? Can I persuade you in anyway? What if I sent you a large box of chocolate?????

Two for me.

Oh, Heidi, you would resort to cheating, oh my little egg - how far down you have fallen --- You can win, think like a loser - you be a loser - think like a winner and.. hey you get the drift my little chick... come on now, you are do to win. WIN! you can do it. At least it's not the 21st and you still don't know what game it is you are playing!! You stand a chance. And, you don't have to look in the boutique - where we never even stood a chance...

The THREE EGGS WILL WIN, The THREE EGGS WILL WIN!!

Wow, I got 2 today! That makes a total of 2 for me!!

It is just me or is anyone else having a hard time finding the new words being called? :disappearing-smilie:

I guess I thought that the list of words in the 1st post would be noted when the word is called.

:fruit::fruit:

Two for me.

Oh, Heidi, you would resort to cheating, oh my little egg - how far down you have fallen --- You can win, think like a loser - you be a loser - think like a winner and.. hey you get the drift my little chick... come on now, you are do to win. WIN! you can do it. At least it's not the 21st and you still don't know what game it is you are playing!! You stand a chance. And, you don't have to look in the boutique - where we never even stood a chance...

The THREE EGGS WILL WIN, The THREE EGGS WILL WIN!!

Hey look who is talking ... asking for "free spaces"!!! :rofl:

:dancingchicken2: Us eggs are getting desparate!!

What in the world is a "Gobbler's Knob????"

It's where they take Punxsutawney Phil after they drag him out of his nice warm

house in the middle of Punxy & sihine a light on him so he sees his shadow.

There isn't a chance of him not seeing his shadow with all of the tv lights.

I live about 15 miles from Punxy & will never go unless they decide to do it

downtown and a lot later in the day. I think they start the ceremony around

5 or 6 am - no self respecting ground hog should even be out of his burrow at

that time of day

ROFLMBO... this is the greatest response imaginable to the question Shari posed :) Great answer!

Two today that makes 3/10!

Thanks for the explanations of Punx Phil and Gobbler's Knob.

Is Fat Tuesday the day we decide to go to Weight Watchers?

NECCO?

And what date is Thank a Mailman Day, so I can thank our postman.

Fat Tuesday is the english translation of "Mardi Gras". It's the Tuesday before Lent begins (for those who participate in Lent)

NECCO is the company that makes the original Valentine's Conversation Hearts :)

Sorry to inform you that yesterday was Thank a Mailman Day. (2/4) I'm sure s/he wouldn't mind being thanked "late" hehehe.

I have one of the saddest scores that I have seen mentioned so far....1 yesterday and 0 today...have a whopping 1 out of 10....yikes....so that means that I'm going to get all 5 tomorrow right????? I think I need to go shopping for chocolate for some serious bribing :)

Archived