This Might Be The Beginning Of A New Addiction

Guest Peppi

I have started making my own totally digital cards today and I'm quite happy. I think I am never again, or perhaps never say never, buy a card. This is so personal if you create something yourself.

Here are my 2 cards

Card for Lou

Card for Charel

I also have bought just today Amanda McGee's Bee Mine Valentine SS Template and I started immediately with crafting these candy wrappers. I think I am going to find tons of occasions to offer candies now.

Another item I've bought today is Erica Hite's Fortune Cookies SS

I have printed the instructions out, but not yet started crafting. My DS (7) is highly interested in the instructions. He loves making all kind of boxes. I think, tomorrow we are going to play together making fortune cookies :dancingchicken:

I love my new addiction!

ChristyVW got me hooked on it the other day when I was just browsing the designer's gallery for ideas. She was saying hey take a couple of hours every now and then and either a. use you club kits and make some cards those are easy or use the template cards. Most of us have lots of collections to choose from for all occasions.

What a great idea - So, yesterday - I wasn't feeling that great went through my club kits and printed out some Happy Birthday, Thank You's ETC.

What a great Idea. Just hadn't thought of it before.

Now Christy does send her card out for printing - I print mine myself and print them of EPSON presentation Matte 47lb. and they look adorable. I could easily get the inside dimensions and print my own personal greeting to really give them that personal feel.

What a great plan, and if you have things lined up you could print several in a day and be good to go with several different designs of Thank You's, Happy Birthday (ladies, men, kids,) and new babies, Hope Your feeling Better Soon, etc. Great Plan, we just get so caught up in LO's. And, then the same day, what's the challenge - create a card.

I think you have several you can enter into that Challenge...

I love making the paper crafts. I started with Dee's 4 x 4 Brag Book and have now advanced on to cards, and have even tried Erica Hite's Fortune Cookies. I'm having a bit of trouble getting them bent correctly without tearing the paper. I've printed them on matte photo paper, but think I'll try them again on the double sided matte. It's a bit heavier. Or maybe, I'm just holding my hands wrong ;-)

Anyway, I'm sure having fun!

So we did it! We tried to make fortune cookies and boxes today.

My DS Nicolas made the one with Amanda MCGee's Doodle Dandy and I used Shalae Tippetts Choc Kiss.

I used 160g heavy paper to print on and it was fine. I managed to fold the cookies without tearing them. Now we are all happy.

I love it, crafting with my children and using my SG stuff. I think I am already in heaven, in Scrapbooking-heaven.

Next thing I am trying is Amanda Sok's Mint Tin ....

and Bookmarks ... I am going to overflow my whole family with bookmarks. Everybody is reading something all the time. So useful and beautiful at the same time.

So ... see you for my next crafting session ;)

Caroline...your boxes look terrific.

I've noticed your cards in the gallery (and left love)...they always look fantastic.

Can I ask you some details about your cards?

What do you print them on...and are they a folded card? Is the front (the part we see in the gallery) the only part printed? Then you just handwrite something inside? Nothing on the back?

So many questions. lol

I'm interested in doing some cards occasionally.

Those 2 baby cards were ADORABLE.

Caroline...your boxes look terrific.

I've noticed your cards in the gallery (and left love)...they always look fantastic.

Can I ask you some details about your cards?

What do you print them on...and are they a folded card? Is the front (the part we see in the gallery) the only part printed? Then you just handwrite something inside? Nothing on the back?

So many questions. lol

I'm interested in doing some cards occasionally.

Those 2 baby cards were ADORABLE.

Thank you Charlene!

The cards are folded cards. The page I post is the front part of it. I print them on beautiful 160 g cardstock paper, in fact it is drawing paper wuth some structure. There is nothing on the back and inside I handwrite my message and everybody, included the boys, writes his name. Sometimes I put a fold of transparent paper inside to write my message. I did it for my Christmas card.

Here is what we have done yesterday. There are so many possibilities to use our digital supplies.

I am going to print out some embellishment sheets for my boys, so they can cut them out and use as stickers on their drawings. They are going to be delighted. They always want me to buy stickers and then they take them put them on one page and I have to buy new stickers. Now I am the winner. I can print more than they are going to need. Hehe.

Thanks. I saw your pencil holders. Very cute. And good idea about the "stickers."

Mine do the same thing. I don't know if I have any collections that they would like the embellishments from...I'd have to check. I guess I do have some stars and circles and stones and leaves and one magnifying glass and some butterflies and dragonflies.....okay, I could find some stuff they'd like. lol

Archived