Scrap Girls Book Club Reveal Chat

Shari PV Mom

But is the book a "beach read." You know, the mindless fluff that comes out every summer? Or does the book required the active use of brain cells?

"Mindless fluff". I think we all have a different definition for this term so I can't really speak to that. And I've never read a book on a beach either. Let's just say I'd read this one on a plane without hesitation. I love looking at what people are reading on the plane when I walk back and forth to the restrooms. Quite a variety on planes - at least in coach. ;)

~Zaz

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I can wait...I think I can...I think I can...

Does this remind anyone of a book??? Could our book have a little train in it??? I'm regressing after reading through this thread. Someone please put me into a coma until Thursday night!!! :wacko:

Oooooo, I could give a BIG HINT right now, but then Shari would probably hunt me down and take away all my chocolate and we can't have that now, can we? ;)

Hmm...coma? Nah. Just suffer along with everyone else. It's a bonding thing. ;)

:D

~Zaz

I can wait...I think I can...I think I can...

Does this remind anyone of a book??? Could our book have a little train in it??? I'm regressing after reading through this thread. Someone please put me into a coma until Thursday night!!! :wacko:

Oh no ... we wouldn't want to have to take away Zaz's chocolate. That would be bad! If she caves in to all the pressure you guys are putting on us and I have to take away her chocolate ... well, let's just say it will be on all of your heads ... not mine! This world would never be the same again. So you must ask yourselves ... "Can I live with myself if Zaz gets all of her chocolate taken away?" My answer would be no. 46 1/2 hours to go ... you can do it! I know you can! :D

I could tell you what the book is NOT named. I went into the store and asked for it under the wrong title only to be told the book didn't exist.

Man.

Fortunately, I found it on the way out.

I was really confused when I got the title in my head. But, at this point, I'm kind of afraid of Shari, so I better not tell you how MIXED UP I got.

Oh I am really looking forward to this. I LOVE reading and have read very few books in the last 3 years. Bring it on! But I will be late to the chat. My DH gets done with faculty meeting right when chat starts, so I may arrive late. Do we have to be there right at 9 to find out the title?

I'm just realizing, we have to wait till tomorrow night to find out what book we'll be reading, then I have to wait till the NEXT day to actually get the book! That's an extra day! Luckily our library system is online and I can at least see if they have the book (website will be loaded and waiting during the big announcement!) and then reserve my copy of it. I sooo hope my library has it!!!

Is it a book that you think will be found at most libraries????

*singing* Tomorrow, tomorrow, we're revealing tomorrow. It's only a day away.

I am so excited. I just checked the tracking of my book and it's "Out for Delivery". That means it will be here TODAY! My daughter has a doctor's appointment so I probably won't be home when it arrives, but I should have it by nap time. Woo hoo! Then I can check on that semi-colon and report back. I should be able to report on any other questions (within reason, of course), too.

*dances out of the room*

Oh I am really looking forward to this. I LOVE reading and have read very few books in the last 3 years. Bring it on! But I will be late to the chat. My DH gets done with faculty meeting right when chat starts, so I may arrive late. Do we have to be there right at 9 to find out the title?

I would think it would be okay for you to be late. We could always wait until you get there before we reveal the title. :P

I'm just realizing, we have to wait till tomorrow night to find out what book we'll be reading, then I have to wait till the NEXT day to actually get the book! That's an extra day! Luckily our library system is online and I can at least see if they have the book (website will be loaded and waiting during the big announcement!) and then reserve my copy of it. I sooo hope my library has it!!!

Is it a book that you think will be found at most libraries????

I should think that most libraries have it. I just checked my library. They have one copy with 2 holds on it. Hmm ... I hope you guys don't run into trouble checking it out. I'd hate to make you buy it if you don't want to own it.

My copy is also out for delivery!!! Yippee!!!

I'm sorry I won't make it Shari and Zaz, Ive got a special church conference I'll be at! But I'm definatley reading the book! I'm just sorry I'm going to miss all the excitement!! I know you all will have a blast!! Well it looks like your already having a blast!! LOL ;)

Which colleagues would those be? I've never read a Harry Potter book, but I did see one or two of the movies. :)

I just popped in to whine about the fact that my book didn't arrive today when I thought I heard something in front of the house. I didn't see the big brown truck, but I did notice a package on my front step. :D I popped it open and did a really quick check....AND YES there IS a semi-colon!!! I knew you would all be as excited as I was to discover this!!! Woo hoo!!!

Now, if my DH would just get home so I can lock myself in my office and read this all before tomorrow. ;) Okay, so that probably won't happen, but I'll at least get a few chapters in.

So, is anyone curious yet?

~Zaz

:bedtime::bedtime::bedtime: okay (stretching) now when I get up it's tomorrow right? and we can reveal right?

OKAY, I'm awake now, ARE WE THERE YET?

No, no, no.

(You and Janae have a LOT in common - you get the same answers to your questions.)

~Zaz

Remember Christmas Eve when you were a kid? All those presents that you knew would appear under the tree? Staying up late because you just can't sleep? For some reason I am having Christmas Eve flashbacks.

Uh oh. I hope we haven't over done it now. The pressure is on! Maybe we should take it down a notch so people won't be disappointed. ;)

It's a nice book with 271 pages. There. That should do it.

:)

~Zaz

Uh oh. I hope we haven't over done it now. The pressure is on! Maybe we should take it down a notch so people won't be disappointed. ;)

It's a nice book with 271 pages. There. That should do it.

:)

~Zaz

ROFL...I'll be done with that in 2 hours time!

Ah, but if I told the Aussie girls ahead of time, then you would've had a whole day advantage since you found out that we were doing this the day after it was announced (sort of). To be slightly fair, we'll stick with the original plan. I'm a big fan of Australia and New Zealand, but I can't be playing favorites now, can I? Besides, Shari would be here taking my chocolate away. See post above.

(I don't think what I wrote above makes a lick of sense when I read it back, but I'm sticking to it since I know what I mean and that's what really matters.)

:Df

~Zaz, who has read half the book now

Guest vanillasky43

It's Thursday in Australia, can we know what the book is now?????? (Have pity on us Aussie girls/guys, we have to wait until Friday!!)

I can't make the chat, will be at work, but will be waiting (with as much patience as i can muster) for the name of the book to be in a thread so I can find out what it is.

Leanne

Guest vanillasky43
Ah, but if I told the Aussie girls ahead of time, then you would've had a whole day advantage since you found out that we were doing this the day after it was announced (sort of). To be slightly fair, we'll stick with the original plan. I'm a big fan of Australia and New Zealand, but I can't be playing favorites now, can I? Besides, Shari would be here taking my chocolate away. See post above.

(I don't think what I wrote above makes a lick of sense when I read it back, but I'm sticking to it since I know what I mean and that's what really matters.)

okey dokey....I'm just going to nod and agree and as long as you know what you mean, that's the important thing... :disappearing-smilie:

Anyways......I wouldn't want to be the one to put that chocky stash in danger!!

Leanne

Ok, if you have made it through half already with a new little one in the house this must be a real page turner. Only 15 hours to go!

Archived