Monday Challenge - 02/04/08

AngRoCamp

Here's my layout - done last fall for one of Anna's classes. Earth's crammed with heaven

This is one of my favorite poems, or poem parts; I think it's part of a longer work, but I don't know it's name. In college, I choreographed a dance for our modern dance class based on this verse, and while teaching, I used it on fall bulletin boards. The flash of red leaves in the mostly green forest brought it instantly to mind, and I had to scrap it.

Here's my layout - done last fall for one of Anna's classes. Earth's crammed with heaven

This is one of my favorite poems, or poem parts; I think it's part of a longer work, but I don't know it's name. In college, I choreographed a dance for our modern dance class based on this verse, and while teaching, I used it on fall bulletin boards. The flash of red leaves in the mostly green forest brought it instantly to mind, and I had to scrap it.

I can't find it with your link :( Looks like it's part of the online class gallery so only those in attendance can view maybe? I'm not positive. I'd love to see it though! Wanna upload it again to the general challenge folder?

I hope this is right. I'm a newbie and this is my first post. Forgive me if this isn't correct. Hang with me, Please!

The Planet Mars

Looks like you got your layout posted perfectly in the correct gallery and all :) Great job!! The link you posted here didn't work though, so here it is again to help direct folks!

The Planet Mars by amieS2

It does look like you used the hyperlink/BB code thing correctly to turn your words "The Planet Mars" into a link, but the URL you copy/pasted wasn't the correct one. If you open your layout and copy the address up in your browser address bar that's the one you want to share with people so they can get to your layout with no trouble. This is the URL I copy/pasted from your layout so you can see which address works correctly: http://scrapgirls.com.ipbhost.com/index.ph...i&img=43381

GREAT Layout!! Way to go on posting your first and participating in a challenge :) I hope you'll participate in many, many more!! :welcome2:

Wow Ang, this was a great challenge. Lots and lots of wonderful layouts came out of this one. I've even found a couple poets I wasn't familiar with. Always learning something new here at SG. Thanks for the super challenge.

Never heard of Shel Silverstein before today...will work on mine in a wee while.

Oh my!!! Vaughnde, you MUST go and find one of his books! Any of the poetry ones or The Giving Tree are a must-read. Especially when your grandchildren are over. :)

Young Grasshopper here.

Thanks Ang, for fixing my link! I think I've got it, I'll try again on the next challenge. :thanks:

Vaughnde, these books are great. I would read them to my boys when they were smaller, now I just read them because I get such a chuckle out of them. Where the Sidewalk Ends is full of silly poems. A must read!

This is tooooooo much fun and you guys rock!! Thanks for the help and the encouragement.

Never heard of Shel Silverstein before today...will work on mine in a wee while.

Oh my!!! Vaughnde, you MUST go and find one of his books! Any of the poetry ones or The Giving Tree are a must-read. Especially when your grandchildren are over. :)

The Giving Tree is one of the greatest books ever. I read it as a kid and then read it to my kids when they were little. Several years ago my sister came across a copy in a used book store (mine had been ruined) she bought it and wrote something to me in it and I have it to this day.

I saw this challenge earlier in the week and really wanted to do it using Wordsworth's "Daffodils." I finally decided to do some scrapping after a few days without the energy to do so, and with no inspiration I went back to the boards and found this thread again. It was fun doing this one. Thanks for the inspiration, Ang!

Here's my layout: Daffodils

I forgot to include the poem, so if you'd like to read it, you'll find it here: Poem

Archived