106 replies to this topic

#61 barnes642

barnes642

Scrapper Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 10 February 2008 - 06:21 PM

My copy has been dispatched! It has now to cross the Atlantic and find it's way to Lancashire. DH says he usually gets his orders in 7 -10 days. Fingers crossed for next weekend.
Posted Image
SNU TimeFlies Brush
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#62 cathyok

cathyok

Scrapper Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 737 posts

Posted 10 February 2008 - 07:57 PM

Checked the mall bookstore, Waldens, today and they said it would take 2 wks to get, so I ordered a gently used copy from Half.com.........Yeah, I like brand new things a lot, but my experience has been pretty good with things I have purchased through Ebay links.

#63 angelaNussbaum

angelaNussbaum

A strange pixy monkey NUT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,389 posts
  • Personal Statement:Im a nut, what can i say? I love making ppl happy!

Posted 10 February 2008 - 10:56 PM

If i manage to read mine before the next chat, id be willing to share.

angela

#64 hgbklb

hgbklb

Scrapper Next Door

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 11:50 AM

I couldn't find the book at my local library, but Audible has it. I'm on chapter 2 and enjoying it.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#65 Zaz

Zaz

Beware the Zazerpillar!

• Members
  • 16,833 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 03:58 PM

I was just wondering if you all could do us a favor. If you're hoping to participate, could you let us know when you find the book? Also, when you finish reading it, too. That should help us figure out the best time to have our next chat. Thanks!

~Zaz
Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#66 Shari PV Mom

Shari PV Mom

Inspired by everything Scrap Girls!!!

• Members
  • 11,454 posts
  • Personal Statement:Today is your day! Your mountain is waiting so get on your way! ~ Dr. Seuss

Posted 13 February 2008 - 04:02 PM

Good thinking Carol Ann!

I'm on chapter 3. I'm moving along slowly because I'm also trying to finish a book I had started previously. I'm reading that one during back treatments. Once I'm done I'll take this one to my back treatments too and really be able to make some headway. I'm really enjoying it so far. She's a really interesting lady!!!
Posted Image Posted Image

#67 podiumchick

podiumchick

Paparazzi Mom

• Members
  • 6,247 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 07:14 PM

Mr. UPS left my Barnes & Noble box on the back porch today. That must mean I just got my book! I have some slow classes to sub for tomorrow so I'll take it along with me. Today was slow--wish I'd had it. I'm getting sick of sudoku!!

#68 spartica

spartica

Super Scrapper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 07:20 PM

I am expecting my book on the 16th. I hope it gets here soon. I'm a very slow reader. Once I start it will take me at least
two weeks to read. I have to read every comma and every detail!

Love,
Marilyn
Love, Marilyn

Live, love, laugh and don't forget to scrap!

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

#69 AnnBK

AnnBK

Glitter Goddess

• Members
  • 13,244 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 07:32 PM

I just ordered a copy from Amazon Marketplace and should have it within a week. Hopefully by ten I will have finished TRUDGING through East of Eden for my local book club. It has been an ordeal. I know a lot of you really liked it but it's just not my cup of tea. I feel like I'm back in English class with a boring assignment.

gallery_6597_304_5120.gif<p>BLINKIES_MOM-Past.gifWT-Button-copy.gifSG-10thAnniversary-Blinkie.gifScrap10-Blinkie.gif

#70 AKP81

AKP81

I Made it! I'm a Top-Dog Scrapper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 07:52 PM

Well I am getting ready to order it soon so I shouldhave it read in two weeks or so I should think.....as long as I can really get into it. Sounds like a good read though so it shouldn't be a problem.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#71 April Showers

April Showers

Boutique Diva

• Admin
  • 42,433 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 08:46 PM

Our library has one copy of the book and a 19 person long waiting list, so I found it used at Powell's yesterday. Finished it today.
Okay, I'll wait and say what I have to say at the chat....

gallery_5375_358_11104.pngMy Gallery I scrap with Photoshop CS6.

Scrap10-Blinkie.gif

SGblinkie.gifButton_Layout.pngSG-10thAnniversary-Blinkie.gifButton_Welcome_Mgr.pngBLINKIES_MOM-Past.gif

#72 J9Buckles

J9Buckles

Scrappin' in the Great White North

• Members
  • 7,769 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 10:29 PM

My book arrived yesterday! I ordered it on Sunday and here it was on Tuesday .... cheaper than my local bookstore and because I order a couple of other books I needed for Bible study I got free shipping! Talk about a sweet deal. Now all I have to do is read it! LOL

#73 sarabethp

sarabethp

Where's my Super Suit?

• Members
  • 5,062 posts
  • Personal Statement:Waiting on God's timing. For he has glorious things planned for me. Jeremiah 29:11

Posted 14 February 2008 - 12:04 AM

I ordered from Amazon last Friday and it finally shipped today :( Next time I want a book in a hurry I am going to pay for shipping. Fortunately I am a very fast reader and will finish quickly once it arrives on the 19th. :(

*anxiously tracking package every hour*
Posted Image

#74 podiumchick

podiumchick

Paparazzi Mom

• Members
  • 6,247 posts

Posted 14 February 2008 - 12:59 PM

I have started mine, then jumped ahead to look at pictures, when I found a RECIPE! Yay! :D

I already have thoughts going through my head.... Saving up for the chat...

#75 April Showers

April Showers

Boutique Diva

• Admin
  • 42,433 posts

Posted 14 February 2008 - 02:39 PM

I am expecting my book on the 16th. I hope it gets here soon. I'm a very slow reader. Once I start it will take me at least
two weeks to read. I have to read every comma and every detail!

Love,
Marilyn

You might not want to read every comma in detail in this one as it wasn't that well edited.

You didn't want me so save that comment for that chat, did you? I didn't think so.

Scrap10-Blinkie.gif

SGblinkie.gifButton_Layout.pngSG-10thAnniversary-Blinkie.gifButton_Welcome_Mgr.pngBLINKIES_MOM-Past.gif

#76 Sarah in VA

Sarah in VA

MAD (Mid Atlantic Digital) Scrapper

• Members
  • 5,465 posts

Posted 14 February 2008 - 03:17 PM

Is the chat the only place and time we're going to discuss this book? Or, are we going to share our comments in this, or another dedicated thread?

Just wondering...
Posted Image
This Beautiful Signature by Jennifer Z. Thanks!

#77 spartica

spartica

Super Scrapper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted 15 February 2008 - 11:08 AM

LOL, April! No, I didn't want you to save your post, but truly I probably won't notice that the edit job isn't good. I'm just
not that perceptive <bg>. I'm glad to know you are though <bbg>. How did you catch it, if I may ask, so I can look for it.

I am getting very antsy to receive my copy of the book, which HOPEFULLY will arrive tomorrow!!!

Sarah, I'm in favor of waiting till the chat to discuss the book so that those who haven't read it can have the pleasure of
reading it without any inadvertant giveaways. Just MHO.

Love,
Marilyn
Love, Marilyn

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

#78 Sarah in VA

Sarah in VA

MAD (Mid Atlantic Digital) Scrapper

• Members
  • 5,465 posts

Posted 15 February 2008 - 12:56 PM

Marilyn,

I understand what you're saying about not giving anything away before the chat. In other online book groups I've belonged to we didn't discuss before the chat either, but we did have a thread for discussion where the participants could have the leisure to put together well thought out comments and responses. And if there were any spoilers in the post, people would put a warning at the top of the post so those who hadn't finished the book had the option to read or not to read.

As to the current book, we kind of know how it ends anyway, don't we? ;-)
Posted Image
This Beautiful Signature by Jennifer Z. Thanks!

#79 Orrinda

Orrinda

Scrapper Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 701 posts

Posted 15 February 2008 - 10:46 PM

I got my copy on Tuesday and am on Chapter 6. I jumped ahead to the pictures, too. I'm really bad about reading the end of the book first and then reading to see how they got there. If there is someone in the Sacramento area who would like my copy when I'm finished, I'd be glad to loan it out.

#80 CRS

CRS

Scrappin' with CS5

• Welcoming Committee
  • 30,389 posts

Posted 16 February 2008 - 04:51 PM

Since I haven't been feeling well, I read the book in 2 days. So I've finished it, and I'll save my comments for the chat. We're still doing a challenge based on the book, right?

#81 ginaMO

ginaMO

Considering New Destinations

• Members
  • 6,078 posts

Posted 17 February 2008 - 10:17 AM

I finally got my copy! It arrived yesterday afternoon. It's a quick read, I'm on Chapter 9, and will probably finish it this afternoon.
Posted Image
Friendship isn't a big thing - it's a million little things. ~Author Unknown

Posted Image Posted ImagePosted Image

#82 TracEy

TracEy

Scrap Girl Messageboard Wise One

• Members
  • 2,820 posts

Posted 17 February 2008 - 10:32 AM

Marilyn,

I understand what you're saying about not giving anything away before the chat. In other online book groups I've belonged to we didn't discuss before the chat either, but we did have a thread for discussion where the participants could have the leisure to put together well thought out comments and responses. And if there were any spoilers in the post, people would put a warning at the top of the post so those who hadn't finished the book had the option to read or not to read.

As to the current book, we kind of know how it ends anyway, don't we? ;-)

Why not start a thread that is titled "Book Club Spoiler(s)" that way you can make your comments and those that dont want to read the thread, dont have to? I think it would be great to discuss amongst each other about the book. That's just me though.
Scrapgirls "Where Friendships Are Made"

I use PSE8 & CS3 on my iMac...."My Gallery"

#83 Orrinda

Orrinda

Scrapper Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 701 posts

Posted 17 February 2008 - 04:47 PM

I finished the book about 3 AM this morning. Will reserve comments for the chat. I don't usually read books of this genre.

#84 dorasinger

dorasinger

Scrapper Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 17 February 2008 - 04:56 PM

I ordered the book on Amazon as our local bookstore didn't have it. I got it on Valentine's day and am already on chapter 9. I'm really enjoying it.

Can't wait for the chat.
Posted Image

#85 spartica

spartica

Super Scrapper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted 17 February 2008 - 07:32 PM

I was supposed to get my copy on Sat., but UPS didn't deliver it. The status said "Attempted delivery at 12:00 a.m." I doubt it! So I can't wait till tomorrow!!!

Sarah, I think a thread called Spoilers is ok, although I'll feel like I'm missing something by not reading the thread.
But, hey, that's just me <bg>!

Love,
Marilyn
Love, Marilyn

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

#86 April Showers

April Showers

Boutique Diva

• Admin
  • 42,433 posts

Posted 17 February 2008 - 08:44 PM

LOL, April! No, I didn't want you to save your post, but truly I probably won't notice that the edit job isn't good. I'm just
not that perceptive <bg>. I'm glad to know you are though <bbg>. How did you catch it, if I may ask, so I can look for it.

I am getting very antsy to receive my copy of the book, which HOPEFULLY will arrive tomorrow!!!

Sarah, I'm in favor of waiting till the chat to discuss the book so that those who haven't read it can have the pleasure of
reading it without any inadvertant giveaways. Just MHO.

Love,
Marilyn

How do I catch things? Years and years of proofreading my childrens' papers. :D The worst one wasn't that hard, it was the sentence that was missing a few words. I think you'd have to be reading pretty fast to miss it. ;) Hey it will make you feel smart. I promise I won't give anything away. I'm doing my discussing with my husband who hasn't even read it. :D

Scrap10-Blinkie.gif

#87 CRS

CRS

Scrappin' with CS5

• Welcoming Committee
  • 30,389 posts

Posted 17 February 2008 - 09:26 PM

That's what I did, too April. I told my dh all about it. I just hope I can remember the details once we do have the chat!

#88 sarabethp

sarabethp

Where's my Super Suit?

• Members
  • 5,062 posts
  • Personal Statement:Waiting on God's timing. For he has glorious things planned for me. Jeremiah 29:11

Posted 17 February 2008 - 09:31 PM

I got my book earlier than the deliver by date. I was supposed to receive it on the 21st, but actually got it on the 15th. I read it last night. A good fast read. Can't wait to share
Posted Image

#89 lorac

lorac

She Who Walks In Snow Without Shoes

• Members
  • 14,399 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 11:13 PM

I just happened on this post about the February Book Club Selection. I'm glad I was hunting, or I would have missed it. I'm in. I'll head out tomorrow to track down a copy and start to read it so that I'll be finished in time for the chat. I'll be adding the blinkie to my signature right away.
Thanks.
:dancingelephant:

gallery_11036_66_21395.jpg

BLINKIES_girlfriend.gifSG-9-Anniversary-SugarNSpice-Blinkie.gifBLINKIES_MOM-Past.gifSG-10thAnniversary-Blinkie.gifScrap10-Blinkie.gif

SHARE THE LOVE GOAL Goal for December 2014, 7472 -- 7426 as of 12-12-14

#90 siskitkat

siskitkat

Scrap Girl Messageboard Wise One

• Members
  • 2,573 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 12:53 AM

I ordered my book, and a copy of Semi-Homemade slow cooker recipes from half.com on the 9th. I got the cookbook today. The other book was shipped on Friday. It is coming from CA, so hopefully it won't take too long, but next time, I'll pay for the shipping instead of media rate.
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users