A Couple Of ?'s For Cs3 Users

MaryJo

I have watched most of the Secrets video and I am not finding the answer to my question. First off when I open a new document and add a paper, the document is large but the paper once transferred over is really large , when I adjust it smaller it gets all out of shape. What on earth am I doing wrong. I am working on setting up my program so I have it like I want it, but I can't find where to change the size for documents.

Next When I go to merge 2 layers together in a Digital LO template, I use Crtl + G it doesn't grap it to merge. Is there something I need to set up first for this to work?

Lastly, I see there isn't a photo bin in CS3 like PSE5, can you create one or do you just get used to having your items minimzied ?

I realzie there are all very basic questions and I am also sure after viewing all the videos my questions will be answered, but I kind of wanted to set things up before viewing the Videos, so I could go right along with Ro.

Thanks for you help in advance ! You all are the best, MJ

I'll try to answer, although I was never working in PSE5 (so excuse me :) )

- To open a new document go to open/new. Then you can set your own presets. Type 12 in x 12 in at 300 dpi and save this preset by clicking on "Save Preset" - you can even name it. Next time you want to open 12x12 in 300 dpi document, your preset will be there. I have a lot of document types saved like that.

- in CS3 the shortcut for a clipping mask is Ctrl+Alt+G

- I don't know what a photo bin is, but to view my files I use Bridge a lot. If you're thinking about the open documents (which you should limit anyway, because it uses additional RAM) you can go to the Window/Arrange and choose Tile Horizontally for example. This will make your workspace a little bit "better organized".

I hope I answered at least some of your questions ;)

Yes it does help. I will definitely check out these tips. Thank you for the help . I did answer my question about merging. I also know about the layers too, I just wanted to have it so it didn't take up all the workspace. but I just adjust them before I work with them. Thanks again, MJ

I love the photo bin feature and when i upgraded I was lost without it. I have been told there isn't one. I use both programs now for different things. I did notice when I stretch out a photo in CS it has a mind of its own unlike PSE5 -which worked so precisely. I find PSE5 to be perfect for just throwing a layout together real fast. I also love lining up my prodeuct in the photo bin to see if I want to use it. I have had CS3 for a while and had a tough time at first but am now gettinga handle on it. Also I never found the magic extractor feature in it like PSE5 has. I love that feature. ANyone know where it is??

I love the photo bin feature and when i upgraded I was lost without it. I have been told there isn't one. I use both programs now for different things. I did notice when I stretch out a photo in CS it has a mind of its own unlike PSE5 -which worked so precisely. I find PSE5 to be perfect for just throwing a layout together real fast. I also love lining up my prodeuct in the photo bin to see if I want to use it. I have had CS3 for a while and had a tough time at first but am now gettinga handle on it. Also I never found the magic extractor feature in it like PSE5 has. I love that feature. ANyone know where it is??

Like you I think I just need to get used to the different parts of CS. So far I really like it, but I'm a bit aprehensive, don't know why exactly. Its just like anything new you have that learning curve to work through. That's why I love Ro's videos. She covers all the basic ins and outs to get you going. Then you move to the next set of videos.

thanks for the insight and info. MJ

Sometimes I want to work on a layout over more than one session, but I've already been through a picked out some items I might want to use on a layout. So, I drag those items onto the layout, and then I turn off those layers until I want to use them. When I'm completely done and dusted, I delete the unused layers.

Archived